I was wrong about Romney

He was my 4th choice
Knowing what I know about him today he would have been mt 1st

he is a very compassionate conservative

Paul was my first choice. Of the establishment candidates, Romney was my first choice. I would have had a hard time voting for Newt or Santorum in the general election. I can't say that I would have. It's bad enough that I voted for McCain in 08.

He was my 4th choice

Paul was my first choice. Of the establishment candidates, Romney was my first choice. I would have had a hard time voting for Newt or Santorum in the general election. I can't say that I would have. It's bad enough that I voted for McCain in 08.

You strike me as a very complex individual. You suggest that you would like to see Ron Paul as President. Yet you are going to vote for someone even he won't endorse. Ignoring that fact, your party used him as a stage prop during it's convention.

Then, you claim remorse for having cast a ballot for McCain. Interesting.

Last edited:
He was my 4th choice

You strike me as a very complex individual. You suggest that you would like to see Ron Paul as President. Yet you are going to vote for someone even he won't endorse. Ignoring that fact, your party used him as a stage prop during their it's convention.

You spelled 'confused' wrong.

I predicted that eventually the 'nuts would start pretending they support Romney.

Voila...

It's "Viola" and though I love their full sounds, I don't see what dragging orchestral stringed instruments into the debate does for anyone.

He was my 4th choice

In my opinion (as I respect yours) Newt is by far the most qualified and would have loved to watch him debate BHO
it would have showed how much BHO is out of his league
Romney as I get to really know him is very impressive
Picking Ryan was a huge deal for me
To be honest I am getting exited about this countries future, the election will not be close after the debates and more facts about R and R and there plans become as much main stream as the left wing media will allow

I predicted that eventually the 'nuts would start pretending they support Romney.

Voila...

It's "Viola" and though I love their full sounds, I don't see what dragging orchestral stringed instruments into the debate does for anyone.

I have NY on ignore so my response to him is going through you, I apologize
NY what is nuts about learning more about the person that will be our next president?

He was my 4th choice

You strike me as a very complex individual. You suggest that you would like to see Ron Paul as President. Yet you are going to vote for someone even he won't endorse. Ignoring that fact, your party used him as a stage prop during it's convention.

It's not as complicated as you make it out to be. First off, McCain was a huge RINO to begin with. He was basically a hawkish Dem that wasn't as liberal as Obama. He wasn't the answer and he was interested in his glory and that's why he had such a hard time connecting to the values of conservatives who are looking out for the country.

Second off, yes Paul gets it. He knows all the ways from public education to home land security to entitlements to crippling regulations that are screwing us. He understands that the Constitution has beeen dragged through the mud and he is the one guy that is prepared to revolutionize the system.

Lastly, Mitt doesn't have the great vision Paul does but he does have the business savvy and values to at least make the system we have work (something that Obama is not doing and won't be doing).

Gingrich on the other hand, showed me that he'll do anything for political power and he could not be trusted. Santorum was in the pharmaceutical companies pockets and he was a religious nutball. Sorry, but I'm not going to put another version of a Bush in the white house.

Voila...

I have NY on ignore so my response to him is going through you, I apologize
NY what is nuts about learning more about the person that will be our next president?

When you're latching on to a guy who has reduced himself to intentionally confusing one word for another out of sheer boredom, you may have chosen the wrong messenger. :)

Well like I said earlier, they will have to convince me with their actions that they are conservative. Romney has claimed to be progressive in the 90's and conservative now. Perhaps he has evolved? Ryan voted yay for a boatload of things that do not ring as conservative ... medicare part D, auto bailout, stimulus, etc. Does that sound conservative cause it doesn't to me.

What both of these men do possess are their demonstrated leadership abilities and the fact that they both understand economics. Obama/Biden possess neither of these with Obama embarrassingly dense in both these areas. What this country needs isn't to be transformed into some government-providing entity like Obutthead wants, what this country needs is what R&R will provide -- leadership, smarts and confidence back to the American people.

It's not as complicated as you make it out to be. First off, McCain was a huge RINO to begin with. He was basically a hawkish Dem that wasn't as liberal as Obama. He wasn't the answer and he was interested in his glory and that's why he had such a hard time connecting to the values of conservatives who are looking out for the country.

Second off, yes Paul gets it. He knows all the ways from public education to home land security to entitlements to crippling regulations that are screwing us. He understands that the Constitution has beeen dragged through the mud and he is the one guy that is prepared to revolutionize the system.

Lastly, Mitt doesn't have the great vision Paul does but he does have the business savvy and values to at least make the system we have work (something that Obama is not doing and won't be doing).

Gingrich on the other hand, showed me that he'll do anything for political power and he could not be trusted. Santorum was in the pharmaceutical companies pockets and he was a religious nutball. Sorry, but I'm not going to put another version of a Bush in the white house.

god forbid we have a christian in the white house with 5% UE and budgets that have 162 billion dollar deficits with 2 wars going on
That would be GWB and his 07 budget along with the avg UE rate during his 8 years, in fact until the dems took congress we were headed in the right direction (not sure the wealth bubble was any politicians fault to be fair)

Well like I said earlier, they will have to convince me with their actions that they are conservative. Romney has claimed to be progressive in the 90's and conservative now. Perhaps he has evolved? Ryan voted yay for a boatload of things that do not ring as conservative ... medicare part D, auto bailout, stimulus, etc. Does that sound conservative cause it doesn't to me.

What both of these men do possess are their demonstrated leadership abilities and the fact that they both understand economics. Obama/Biden possess neither of these with Obama embarrassingly dense in both these areas. What this country needs isn't to be transformed into some government-providing entity like Obutthead wants, what this country needs is what R&R will provide -- leadership, smarts and confidence back to the American people.

You see leaders when you see Romney and Ryan, huh? I don't.

Romney and Ryan have no chance of winning in November.

why would this country want 4 more years of this?
why would this country want a real budget?
a real tax policy?
to rid the class warfare game?

why would you want 4 more years of this?

Romney and Ryan have no chance of winning in November.

why would this country want 4 more years of this?
why would this country want a real budget?
a real tax policy?
to rid the class warfare game?

why would you want 4 more years of this?

Both parties are out to lunch fiscally. The Republican/Democrat Congress as allocated every penny of our $15 Trillion Dollar Deficit. Mitt Romney or Barack Obama aren't going to make a dime's worth of difference until we fix Congress.

So I am voting based on what a President can do....appoint judges and introduce programs. The judge thing has been gone over and over; Romney wants to abolish a woman's right to choose and Obama wants to defend it. Good enough for me. On the programatic side, Romney wishes to do away with Title X funding entirely. This is a profoundly stupid move from any standpoint. We spend $0.48 of every $1.00 spent on defense worldwide. The Governor wants to increase that which is equally as stupid; if spending more than nearly all other nations combined isn't making us safe enough, what will?

Romney has nothing to offer. The polls reflect that and Obama will have an easy victory and four more years.

Forum List

Back