I was wrong about President Obama

CaféAuLait;3479614 said:

Let us call a spade, a spade. Let us call a group of armed marauding thugs, committing acts of terrorism and arson, terrorists and arsonists and let us call those who manipulate the words of others to justify their actions, barefaced liars. President Obama is one of these and how wrong I was to believe that he represented a new America.
How wrong I was. I praised the American people for not playing the race card in the last election because I am not a racist. My oldest son's four grandparents were born in four countries in three continents and how wonderful that is. But let us call a spade, let's tell the truth and not invent lies to hide behind. The fact is, the west got the entire Libya story wrong.

Fact: There is a tremendous amount of support for Colonel Muammar Al-Qathafi in Libya. Fact: Libyans enjoy the highest human development indices in Africa. Fact: in 1951, Libya was the poorest country in the world. Fact: the rebellion in Benghazi began with armed groups of thugs perpetrating massacres and acts of terrorism, against unarmed civilians.

Fact: I praised President Barack Obama for his new and fresh and very welcome stance on international relations. How wrong I was. Let us call a spade, a spade. Call him a lawyer? He is a liar. A cheap, unadulterated, disgusting, barefaced liar. He purposefully misinterpreted the words of Muammar Al-Qathafi, claiming that he had threatened his people with violence.

He did not.

He said that he would give a window for terrorist elements to lay down their arms and then said he would be implacable in punishing those who did not. How Barack Obama can claim the opposite defies logic. The only conclusion I can make is that Barack Obama is either a snivelling yellow-bellied coward who does what he is told by the Clinton (War Zone) lobby or else he is a sham

read more:

I was wrong about President Obama - English pravda.ru

Ouch.

As fucked up as Obama is, even I wouldn't call him a spade. Racist.

Last edited:
Is there any possibility that the actions are in fact completely altruistic - just as the UN has said?

Liberals are truly capable of cognitive dissonance. They pretend that Obama's war in Libya is not really about oil when we all know that it is. There is nothing "humanitarian" about it. It is to protect European oil interests.

Can't wait for the lefty chorus to begin chanting and protesting " blood for oil" and "obama lied, children died" etc etc....oh wait.....he's a democrat- never mind!

How were the Western oil interests at risk?.

Libya exports quite a bit of oil to Europe. The beginning of the conflict started interfering with the production and supply of the oil. And both Khadafi and the rebels had mentioned attacking the oil fields to counteract the other.

who said they support al Qeada? Fox "News"? they have no credibility.

For someone who says they are a truth seeker, you are very ignorant of what has been common knowledge since last week.

And you seem very naive to want to support a group with no knowledge of who they are or what they believe.

common knowledge? lol I have more knowledge on who Lybians are than Fox Noise. But I would be more than happy to look at any link you have.

Liberals are truly capable of cognitive dissonance. They pretend that Obama's war in Libya is not really about oil when we all know that it is. There is nothing "humanitarian" about it. It is to protect European oil interests.

Can't wait for the lefty chorus to begin chanting and protesting " blood for oil" and "obama lied, children died" etc etc....oh wait.....he's a democrat- never mind!

How were the Western oil interests at risk?.

Libya exports quite a bit of oil to Europe. The beginning of the conflict started interfering with the production and supply of the oil. And both Khadafi and the rebels had mentioned attacking the oil fields to counteract the other.

So in that case it would surely be safer to back the incumbent regime.
They were already in the West's pocket.

Is there any possibility that the actions are in fact completely altruistic - just as the UN has said?

Politics and altruism rarely comingle.

What a cynic you are!

I'm merely a student of politics and human nature. Politics attracts the most selfish self centered individuals of our society. Particularly those who are willing to win at any cost.

True altruism comes from individuals and private groups that provide charity for their local communities. That's why freedom is so important. So we have the chance to voluntarily provide for our fellow man. We have the privilege to serve others. When governments try to "help" people it comes through violence. Altruism and violence are also rarely, if ever, intertwined.

I believe in empowering individuals and removing power from governments to the extent where we can peacefully coexist without anarchy. It's in the people that my hope is. The government causes far more problems than it fixes. And I foresee a day when we will all realize that this Libya conflict was a huge mistake. I think the reprocussions could be much greater than any of us can currently see.

Politics and altruism rarely comingle.

What a cynic you are!

I'm merely a student of politics and human nature. Politics attracts the most selfish self centered individuals of our society. Particularly those who are willing to win at any cost.

True altruism comes from individuals and private groups that provide charity for their local communities. That's why freedom is so important. So we have the chance to voluntarily provide for our fellow man. We have the privilege to serve others. When governments try to "help" people it comes through violence. Altruism and violence are also rarely, if ever, intertwined.

I believe in empowering individuals and removing power from governments to the extent where we can peacefully coexist without anarchy. It's in the people that my hope is. The government causes far more problems than it fixes. And I foresee a day when we will all realize that this Libya conflict was a huge mistake. I think the reprocussions could be much greater than any of us can currently see.

Surely some people go into politics for the purest of motives?

CaféAuLait;3479614 said:

Let us call a spade, a spade. Let us call a group of armed marauding thugs, committing acts of terrorism and arson, terrorists and arsonists and let us call those who manipulate the words of others to justify their actions, barefaced liars. President Obama is one of these and how wrong I was to believe that he represented a new America.
How wrong I was. I praised the American people for not playing the race card in the last election because I am not a racist. My oldest son's four grandparents were born in four countries in three continents and how wonderful that is. But let us call a spade, let's tell the truth and not invent lies to hide behind. The fact is, the west got the entire Libya story wrong.

Fact: There is a tremendous amount of support for Colonel Muammar Al-Qathafi in Libya. Fact: Libyans enjoy the highest human development indices in Africa. Fact: in 1951, Libya was the poorest country in the world. Fact: the rebellion in Benghazi began with armed groups of thugs perpetrating massacres and acts of terrorism, against unarmed civilians.

Fact: I praised President Barack Obama for his new and fresh and very welcome stance on international relations. How wrong I was. Let us call a spade, a spade. Call him a lawyer? He is a liar. A cheap, unadulterated, disgusting, barefaced liar. He purposefully misinterpreted the words of Muammar Al-Qathafi, claiming that he had threatened his people with violence.

He did not.

He said that he would give a window for terrorist elements to lay down their arms and then said he would be implacable in punishing those who did not. How Barack Obama can claim the opposite defies logic. The only conclusion I can make is that Barack Obama is either a snivelling yellow-bellied coward who does what he is told by the Clinton (War Zone) lobby or else he is a sham

read more:

I was wrong about President Obama - English pravda.ru

Ouch.

As fucked up as Obama is, even I wouldn't call him a spade. Racist.

It's a Russian man, writing for Pravda.RU. The idiom is Greek in origin. Perhaps no ill intent was meant?

Surely some people go into politics for the purest of motives?

Some do. Unfortunately, many of those who do fail to prepare themselves for the power they are going to weild. They end up corrupting the power until their true selves show.

We have learned by sad experience that is the nature and disposition of almost all men that as soon as they get alittle authority, as they suppose, that they will immediately begin to exercise that power corruptly.

Not true, there is not a "tremendous amount of support" for Gaddafi. we should back the Freedom Fighters in Lybia.

Why do people who put truth in their user names have such a propensity for ignoring it? Is there a rule about it? Is it actually code for "I am a complete idiot who ignores all facts?"

who said they support al Qeada? Fox "News"? they have no credibility.

For someone who says they are a truth seeker, you are very ignorant of what has been common knowledge since last week.

And you seem very naive to want to support a group with no knowledge of who they are or what they believe.

common knowledge? lol I have more knowledge on who Lybians are than Fox Noise. But I would be more than happy to look at any link you have.

Al Qaeda may already be among Libya's rebels - World Watch - CBS News

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links - Telegraph

Connections Between Al Qaeda And Libyan Rebels Run Deep

Not true, there is not a "tremendous amount of support" for Gaddafi. we should back the Freedom Fighters in Lybia.

Why on earth should we be supporting people who support Al Qaeda or terrorism?

I don't think we should. And if we would actually have that relatively low standard, we wouldn't be interfering in Libya at all.

lol like you know the facts about Libya. Quit listening to the Fox Noise idiots.

Al Qaeda may already be among Libya's rebels - World Watch - CBS News

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links - Telegraph

Connections Between Al Qaeda And Libyan Rebels Run Deep

That doesn't prove anything. These are the same people that parroted Bush Admin lies about Al Qeada in Iraq.

Why on earth should we be supporting people who support Al Qaeda or terrorism?

I don't think we should. And if we would actually have that relatively low standard, we wouldn't be interfering in Libya at all.

lol like you know the facts about Libya. Quit listening to the Fox Noise idiots.

FYI, I generally watch ABC News and CNN, I am not even sure which channel Fox is on. I may not know the "facts" about Libya, but I know an idiot when I see one. You think the left wing of SCOTUS is the right wing, and you have do not know that Qaddafi has enormous popular support in Libya. You apparently have also missed the fact that the "freedom fighters" apparently have ties to Al Qaeda, something that everyone, including MSNBC, has reported.

That doesn't prove anything. These are the same people that parroted Bush Admin lies about Al Qeada in Iraq.

:cuckoo:

There isn't one of us who didn't commit a "typo".

But, "Libya" has been on the mouths of every even semi-intelligent political observer for weeks. And, so has the SPELLING of "LIBYA". The OP had the correct spelling of "LIBYA".

For the idiot Truthseeker to tutor the Forum on the correct interpretation of anything would require this dolt to be able to know the spelling of "LIBYA" ...... especially if he professes even a modicum of knowledge on this subject.

Nice, now who was actually in power at the time in Libya that sanctioned training and arming of terrorists?

I imagine you'll also quote from the hundreds and hundreds of articles and document that detail the Libyan government's involvement and support in international terrorism.

I remember when people on the right were spouting off about Iraq "harboring terrorists", showing as proof ONE terrorist (Zarqawi) visiting the country for a time without the Iraqi government's knowledge...

Following the above logic, that should have been entirely blamed on the local villagers, right?

I guess double standards are nothing new among the partisan crazies though...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back