I was wrong about Gay Marriage

It seems that more and more people are seeing the light with this issue. Good for him to admitting he was wrong before.

I was wrong about same-sex marriage - CNN.com

In the 70s, 80s and 90s there was not a bigger homo hater than me. Gay marriage was not even part of the equation back then.
But experience with real live people over the years changed me forever. I praise God for that.
I was wrong about gay folks and gay marriage also. I was an idiot. Today it seems so ridiculous the way I used to be. Red neck to the core back then. Accepting those folks for who they are and respecting that they are open about the way they were born set me free. Keeping government out of their lives goes with my strict conservatism.

Gays still sort of give me the willies. But, I've always said what goes on in people's bedrooms, between consenting adults..is their business.

It seems that more and more people are seeing the light with this issue. Good for him to admitting he was wrong before.

I was wrong about same-sex marriage - CNN.com

In the 70s, 80s and 90s there was not a bigger homo hater than me. Gay marriage was not even part of the equation back then.
But experience with real live people over the years changed me forever. I praise God for that.
I was wrong about gay folks and gay marriage also. I was an idiot. Today it seems so ridiculous the way I used to be. Red neck to the core back then. Accepting those folks for who they are and respecting that they are open about the way they were born set me free. Keeping government out of their lives goes with my strict conservatism.

Pretty typical. Myself I am very comfortable around lesbians. Most of the gay boys also. Every once in a while one makes me uncomfortable. Guess that is true of white anglo's also though.

Boss man at work was selling a mattress to this guy who came in with another dude a while back. Not that unusual, things are heavy to carry around at home alone. There was weird tension for a bit and finally the boss man blurts "if two guys are going to be on this every night you just might have to buy a more expensive model".

It was just so honest and obtuse no one got mad and they did end up buying.

Granny says, "Dat's right - dat's why dis country is inna recession...
:eek:
Pat Robertson warns God Will Destroy America Over Same-Sex Marriage
06.27.11 - Television evangelist Pat Robertson responded to New York’s decision to legalize same sex marriage by warning Monday that the result would be America’s destruction.
“I think we need to remember the term sodomy came from a town known as Sodom and Sodom was destroyed by God Almighty and the thing that they practiced was homosexual activity and even they tried to rape angels who came down there, so that’s the kind of people they were,” Robertson said. God “sent an angel down there and He said to Lot and his family, ‘get out now because I’m gonna destroy this whole area.’”

“We’re heading that way as a nation. In history there’s never been a civilization ever in history that has embraced homosexuality and turned away from traditional fidelity, traditional marriage, traditional child-rearing, and has survived. There isn’t one single civilization that has survived that openly embraced homosexuality. So you say, ‘what’s going to happen to America?” Well if history is any guide, the same thing’s going to happen to us,’” he predicted.

Robertson also admitted that Jesus “didn’t say anything about the homosexuality.”

MORE

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlIm-riMN6Q]YouTube - ‪Family Guy - Democracy Kicks In‬‏[/ame]

Forum List

Back