I was watching Rachel Maddow last night...

I've noticed this as well. At one of Barry's health campaign speeches last week he referred to it as health insurance reform. They also use to state they were going to cut waste and fraud in medicare and now they say they are going to cut medicare . . . but they don't attach the waste and fraud part. Master magicians know how to use slight of mouth.

I have no idea the significance of this new lingo but that is so very true!

... and i noticed that health care reform, which used to be health insurance reform, is now just *health reform*. i don't know why it's morphed into that construct, but every time she mentioned the current bill before congress, she referred to *health reform*.

anyone know why the care part has been eliminated?

just curious

Because the government doesn't really 'care'. And when it passes, it'll be called a "man-caused disaster." :cool:

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Maybe what we really need is some sort of National Coach! :razz:

That's right America, it's time to reform your own health and reduce costs!

Put down that jelly doughnut and give me fifty jumpingjacks!!

http://www.irishrugby.ie/images/news/KieranCrowley_Canada_coach.jpg

We just happen to have an extremely good coach of sorts coming to network tv on March 26.

ABC Television Network - "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution" Premieres Friday March 26, 9:00-10:00 p.m., ET on ABC

Jamie Oliver - News - jamie oliver kickstarts a revolution in america

Absofreakinlutely love this guy.

... and i noticed that health care reform, which used to be health insurance reform, is now just *health reform*. i don't know why it's morphed into that construct, but every time she mentioned the current bill before congress, she referred to *health reform*.

anyone know why the care part has been eliminated?

just curious

I believe it is due to negative feedback on the wording. Gotta love social marketing... they change the terminology as a result of 'focus groups'. The 'care' creates an image of a 'nanny state'. They're just hiding behind words.... how unlike our politicians!

• Thanks
Reactions: del
it could be, but i'm pretty sure they could have used www.healthcarereform.gov ; it's available.

I know. I checked. But maybe they didn't want the confusion that they had with factcheck.org v factcheck.com.

just sayin'. I have no idea if that's the reason.

could be, i'm not even sure why it piqued my interest. :lol:

Because you're paranoid?

If I was Obama, I'd call Health Insurance Reform, "The Fountain of Youth Bill," and all Americans would support it believing they would live forever by drinking government subsidized bubble-up and eating rainbow stew.

We just happen to have an extremely good coach of sorts coming to network tv on March 26.

ABC Television Network - "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution" Premieres Friday March 26, 9:00-10:00 p.m., ET on ABC

Cool! I saw a commercial for this...I'll have to check it out!

Jamie Oliver is in the United States to start a revolution. The impassioned chef, TV personality and best-selling author is determined to take on the high statistics of obesity, heart disease and diabetes in the US, where the nation's children are the first generation not expected to live as long as their parents. Oliver is inviting viewers to take a stand and change the way America eats, in home kitchens, schools and workplaces, with the thought-provoking new series, "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution," debuting Friday March 26 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. The series is produced by Ryan Seacrest Productions and Fresh One Productions.

In the series, Jamie heads to Huntington, West Virginia - which has been called the unhealthiest city in America -- to start his new cooking initiative. He hopes to help get Huntington off that list and start a chain reaction of positive change across the country. Jamie says, "The time is right for people to rediscover the sense of pride, satisfaction and fun you can get from cooking for the people you love. There's an incredible community in Huntington, and I want this experience to be a celebration of what we can achieve when people come together. I want to prove that turning around the epidemic of obesity and bad health doesn't have to be boring or dull in the slightest. Wonderful stories will unfold in Huntington, and hopefully this will inspire the rest of the States."

Needled by local naysayers, challenged by ingrained unhealthy habits and government bureaucracy, and welcomed by some of the most surprising youngsters, families and local leaders, Jamie shows how, in just a few short months, he tried to transform Huntington as a template for the entire country. The stakes? Simply the health of our country's citizens and the legacy for its children.
jamie oliver - my television shows

You can DO it, America --- re-FORM yourself! :lol:

Jamie Oliver is in the United States to start a revolution. The impassioned chef, TV personality and best-selling author is determined to take on the high statistics of obesity, heart disease and diabetes in the US, where the nation's children are the first generation not expected to live as long as their parents. Oliver is inviting viewers to take a stand and change the way America eats, in home kitchens, schools and workplaces, with the thought-provoking new series, "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution," debuting Friday March 26 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. The series is produced by Ryan Seacrest Productions and Fresh One Productions.

In the series, Jamie heads to Huntington, West Virginia - which has been called the unhealthiest city in America -- to start his new cooking initiative. He hopes to help get Huntington off that list and start a chain reaction of positive change across the country. Jamie says, "The time is right for people to rediscover the sense of pride, satisfaction and fun you can get from cooking for the people you love. There's an incredible community in Huntington, and I want this experience to be a celebration of what we can achieve when people come together. I want to prove that turning around the epidemic of obesity and bad health doesn't have to be boring or dull in the slightest. Wonderful stories will unfold in Huntington, and hopefully this will inspire the rest of the States."

Needled by local naysayers, challenged by ingrained unhealthy habits and government bureaucracy, and welcomed by some of the most surprising youngsters, families and local leaders, Jamie shows how, in just a few short months, he tried to transform Huntington as a template for the entire country. The stakes? Simply the health of our country's citizens and the legacy for its children.

Oh Yay! Jamie's in the US.... Fabulous. Please keep him there until I come home, then you can send him back to the UK. He's an ass.

Oh Yay! Jamie's in the US.... Fabulous. Please keep him there until I come home, then you can send him back to the UK. He's an ass.

Really? Why???

I had never even heard of him, so I have no idea...

I was watching Rachel Maddow last night...

...and you could have swarn that you were watching The Mark Teixeira Show on the YES Network?

mark-teixeira-ftr2.jpg
rachel-maddow.jpg

no, No No NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Get out of my head!!!!!

Forum List

Back