I was told by Democrats that Unemployment Benefits would stimulate the Ecomony?

Yeah think of where the economy would be without the unemployment benefits all being pumped back into it.

Think where the economy would be if all those people were working for more than sub-minimum wage and not sucking tax dollars and actually paying tax dollars.

Yup.
I am thinking where the country would be with millions more people living in abject poverty adding to the welfare rolls. However, it would solve one problem. The rest of the world would be taking advantage of the cheap American labor. Wasn't this the Republican plan?

:lol:

Artificially stimulating the economy is all that does when you print money out of thin air. It does not last long, and you either have to print more money to keep up the illusion and have inflation as a result, or it will eventually return to its original value, which is zero. Only sound money should be used to back our dollar.

Well unfortunately, Nixon took us off the gold standard in 1973, and the amount of bullion the US actually owns these days wouldn't last very long.

'71, and yes, the gold it Fort Knox was removed pre-1953, having most of it stolen in the great gold scam in '33.

Increase in employment = job creation - job losses. Surely you understand this.

Everyones looking for the government to creat jobs. Well, the government cant creat jobs. They can only create the conditions of economic freedom that encourages others to create jobs. And Obama is no friend of economic freedom.

Billions in tax breaks for businesses is hardly an indication of that.

Businesses souldent be taxed at all nor subsidised. At tax on business is always a tax on the consumer. If I am to be taxed I would like to see it up front.

Corporate profits rose 29% in 2010, the fastest growth in more than 60 years, which has resulted in hefty raises for many CEOs, but hasn't yet trickled down to most employees nor inspired those corporations to rehire laid off people at any measurable speed. Is there a "scale" justifying that?

First is that percentage in real or nominal numbers? Or do you know the difference? Also, did you know that investments, in other words inventory, is taxed as "profit?" So when a business increases its inventory to create more jobs, that expansion is taxed as profit. But you assign a dollor amount without understanding that the dollar amount also represents new offices, buildings, computers, inventory, etc etc etc. If I make a profit and expand my business, that increase in inventory and capital (capital is not money) is STILL considered profit. As far as the terms economies of scale goes I do not have enough time to teach economics to someone who is so ignorant on economics that they dont know what economies of scale means. However, I would be humerously entertained if you could just tell me exactly what you would do to remedy what you, yourself, consider a problem. Once you do, but you wont, I will show you how your plan will have the exact opposite effect of your intention. Until then.

Why do you think I put it in quotes? Jeezus, lighten up.

Such a well thought out and honest reply. You sure showed me. Whats the point of posting in a forum if you dont learn anything and refuse to respond to fact and reason? Keep it up.

Forum List

Back