I was threatened by a drug dealer on my block. What should I do?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
I was taking a late night stroll a little after midnight on Friday 08/07-08/07 ... 2009. I was verbally accosted and then threatened after telling a drug dealer "I don't think so" ...this when asked if i wanted some crap. I was told not to be seen walking down the adjoining street to my block.

I have gone to the management company who maintains the building the dealer hangs out on. I have been to the Police Dept. I am waiting on contact with two city counselors. I have met a few neighbors while taking photos of the building...photos of the group that hang out on the property will follow. I will be searching out the owner to put them on notice that their tennants' friends/company/guests have inteferred with my rights to freedom. I thgink the owners of the property have some liabilty if and when trouble surfaces.

What would you do...what do you think I should do?

I will be organizing the already intimidated and fed up neighbors.

?
:cool:

Last edited:
Kill him with kindness. Bake him a pie.

But seriously, good luck with that. I wouldn't allow anyone to tell me I can't walk on a public street.

But, my advice would be to wait and see. Greet the guy every time you see him. Ask him how he's doing. Introduce yourself. Offer your hand. Be nonconfrontational but don't apologize for what you said. Most likely he'll back off, thinking it's not worth it or that you're some kind of lunatic.

A weak willed wussie liberal will submit like a beyotch.

Those are your choices!

really? Seems to me everyone is afraid of the people around here. I am going to stand up. Considering the dealer is part of some crowd or gang and I am not, the wisest thing is to use the system. I am not afraid to go another route, but considering there are no serious threats yet (according to the PD), I am doing what a citizen is expected to do. Wish more people in CA where I am would do the same. I am not going to be intimidated in my own neighborhood.

btw, I've met a few conservative pussies here who talk tough and maybe carry weapons, but they are scared of the streets.

Those are your choices!

really? Seems to me everyone is afraid of the people around here. I am going to stand up. Considering the dealer is part of some crowd or gang and I am not, the wisest thing is to use the system. I am not afraid to go another route, but considering there are no serious threats yet (according to the PD), I am doing what a citizen is expected to do. Wish more people in CA where I am would do the same. I am not going to be intimidated in my own neighborhood.

btw, I've met a few conservative pussies here who talk tough and maybe carry weapons, but they are scared of the streets.

Ah, lighten up Francis! I was just messin' with your head.

Actually, your decision not to just "take it" and not to run away and hide is commendable.

But saying that kind of stuff to you is just not as much fun as a good old tweak!

But seriously, good luck with that. I wouldn't allow anyone to tell me I can't walk on a public street.

But, my advice would be to wait and see. Greet the guy every time you see him. Ask him how he's doing. Introduce yourself. Offer your hand. Be nonconfrontational but don't apologize for what you said. Most likely he'll back off, thinking it's not worth it or that you're some kind of lunatic.

:doubt:

I am not looking to make friends with scum. They do not own the streets. Why greet him? I know two of his pals---in passing. If I wanted to make nice I could. I want them out of my local area.

Those are your choices!

Ah, lighten up Francis! I was just messin' with your head.

Actually, your decision not to just "take it" and not to run away and hide is commendable.

But saying that kind of stuff to you is just not as much fun as a good old tweak!

tweaked IT is. :lol:

I am not looking to make friends with scum. They do not own the streets. Why greet him? I know two of his pals---in passing. If I wanted to make nice I could. I want them out of my local area.

For your own safety. They are less likely to take immediate action if you deal with them directly and maybe throw them for a loop. Don't you think they will have an idea it's you who filed a complaint?

Continue to put pressure on the politicians to clean up the area, I like the organize a neighborhood watch group idea too. The dealers usually find it easier to just move on to a new neighborhood after a while.

Long Beach is filled with Crips, Dev. What you need is to intimidate them by starting up a new Blood chapter and calling them out for the shitty crabs that they are. :lol:

Set up motion sensor lighting and cameras on the corners, and someone watching them all the time, to call in questionable behavior as it occurs.

Pain in the ass but it does work. Confrontation with drug dealers is never a good idea. But they don't like surveillance.

good suggestions and input.

thanx.

I always thought this might happen if I stayed in the area too long. I plan on moving out in a year or less, but for now I refuse to be cowered or intimidated. But, I am not stupid. I will not act alone. Maybe some good for others will come out of this.

wait....my cape is stuck in the phone booth. gotta go. lol

Though if they're young enough, you can tell them you're putting a call in to their mom.

Be careful, you don't want you bike or hat stolen. :lol:

Those bastards DO own the streets, though. Whoever they work for most likely has connections in the police department, and a random citizen like you means jack shit to them. Trust me, I've seen this shit in person on the streets of Philly. The drug dealers run the show.

Your best bet is carrying a weapon.

Or you could just puss out liek you explained in the OP. Your choice, nancy.

If that happened to me, I'd make one phone call and patches would roll in and tune whoever said that up, bad, maybe kill him. Don't fucking threaten me you filthy piece of lowlife shit would be the theme of that encounter. You're fucking with the wrong guy. That he would understand. Going to the law will only piss him off.

Last edited:
I was taking a late night stroll a little after midnight on Friday 08/07-08/07 ... 2009. I was verbally accosted and then threatened after telling a drug dealer "I don't think so" ...this when asked if i wanted some crap. I was told not to be seen walking down the adjoining street to my block.

I have gone to the management company who maintains the building the dealer hangs out on. I have been to the Police Dept. I am waiting on contact with two city counselors. I have met a few neighbors while taking photos of the building...photos of the group that hang out on the property will follow. I will be searching out the owner to put them on notice that their tennants' friends/company/guests have inteferred with my rights to freedom. I thgink the owners of the property have some liabilty if and when trouble surfaces.

What would you do...what do you think I should do?

I will be organizing the already intimidated and fed up neighbors.

?
:cool:

Sounds to me like you're already doing everything right, Dev.

Be prepared to move when you finally realize that the cops aren't likely to protect you from the organized criminals.

I'll let you figure out why they won't or can't take steps to end this problem for you.

Forum List

Back