I was thinking this in church today, what if Jesus returned?

What if Jesus were to return to Israel tomorrow, would he be viewed as just some crazy man or would he be listened to and followed? How would the non-Christian world act if he conducted miracles and appeared to be who he claimed he was?

It's easy for some of us to read about Jesus actions 2000 years ago and think "why didn't this or that happen, why wasn't he believed by more?" However, as a general skeptic, I imagine I would be skeptical as well, even as I have Faith.
See, David Koresh...

What if Jesus were to return to Israel tomorrow, would he be viewed as just some crazy man or would he be listened to and followed? How would the non-Christian world act if he conducted miracles and appeared to be who he claimed he was?

It's easy for some of us to read about Jesus actions 2000 years ago and think "why didn't this or that happen, why wasn't he believed by more?" However, as a general skeptic, I imagine I would be skeptical as well, even as I have Faith.
If there were 'miracles' that were spread over social media, it could cause quite a stir. He might be assassinated, or he might be carried in to a seat of power on the shoulders of his followers. It would certainly make for great headlines.
No, he won't be assassinated. That only happens once.

Somebody would find a way to either execute him or assassinate him - again.
Er..no. He will do the executing.

Fascinating question.

What if Jesus returned anywhere tomorrow?

What would it take for any of the established churches to believe him?

And what would happen if Jesus chose one particular brand and rejected the rest? Like only the Amish are truly following my commands- the rest of you are all going to hell.

Or he showed up in Salt Lake City and said the Mormons are the only true Christians?

And what if Jesus contradicted some of the Christian Rights most cherished principles? What if he came out against guns- and capitalism?

I am not saying he would- but what if he did- would Evangelicals reject Jesus then?

Why are people who obviously have never read the bible discussing what will happen if Jesus appears?

Do they realize how ignorant they look?

To play with the idea of Christ appearing, there has to be an acknowledgement of the existence of Christ. So when they wonder what will happen when Christ returns, they appear ignorant when they dismiss the very narrative from which they pluck Christ...aka "The Bible".

"The Bible says, “Scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, ‘Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.’ For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men” (2 Peter 3:3-7).

"In other words, there’s going to come a judgment on this earth, and it will be a judgment of fire.

"The Word of God speaks of the certainties of the end of the world. Jesus said, “As the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be” (Matthew 24:37). What were the days of Noah like? And is there a parallel now?

"One word that is used to describe the days of Noah is wickedness. The people were wicked: “Every imagination of their thoughts was evil” (Cf. Genesis 6:5). It seems as if they stayed awake at night thinking up new ways to do evil. It was a world in which marriage was abused. The people were corrupt and violent. It was a world in which violence prevailed: murders, wars, insurrections.

"It was a world in which there was a lot of religion, but it was a decadent religion. They were preoccupied with things, and they were taken up with their everyday living. They didn’t have time for God.

"It was a world that was threatened by the judgment of God. But in the middle of all that, there stood one man. God had said that with all the sin and violence and corruption, He was going to destroy the whole world. But He didn’t do it because of one man who was going against the tide of that day. His name was Noah. In all that corruption Noah dared to walk with God. Noah believed in God, and true faith determined how Noah lived."

Billy Graham: The Second Coming of Christ

Why would he return to Israel?

The people who rejected him, killed him, and believe him to be boiling in excrement?
Because they're "chosen" Self chosen Bolshevik real estate thieves.
Heres their clue
New International Version
On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.

Thats when you hear the cap wearing chimps say. OH SHIT. It's really Him.
We can eat pork now ! It's lotttttttts cheeeeepah than lamb !

Matthew 24 New International Version (NIV)
The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End TimesA)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-23959A">

Matthew24: 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightening that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

29 “Immediately after the distress of those days

“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Forum List

Back