I was thinking about oreilly's 25 million dollar severance check

That could be one reason why oreilly might not want that 25 mil in one lump sum. Taxes.

if he does not want it------I will be happy to accept and pay all applicable
taxes IMMEDIATELY--------please arrange it for me

O'Reilly was older than dirt, and was rumored to retire in a year or two. This ended up working to his advantage.
Many powerful people get accused of things they may not have done. Big companies fight off frivolous law suits.
If you are going to sue someone, or go after someone, go after someone with money.

Not accusing this guy of doing anything or saying he is innocent, but we don't know the story and Fox was right to just move on from him.
Same with The Trump Admin when they identify someone who is a liability. Just cut your ties with them and move on.

Fox News remains a cesspool of sexual harassment and will remain a cesspool of sexual harassment until they fire murdochs newly chosen ceo.

O'Reilly was older than dirt, and was rumored to retire in a year or two. This ended up working to his advantage.
Many powerful people get accused of things they may not have done. Big companies fight off frivolous law suits.
If you are going to sue someone, or go after someone, go after someone with money.

Not accusing this guy of doing anything or saying he is innocent, but we don't know the story and Fox was right to just move on from him.
Same with The Trump Admin when they identify someone who is a liability. Just cut your ties with them and move on.
Over the years, Bill has made it intuitively obvious to even the most casual of observers what kind of human being he is. Same with Don.

The severance amount is likely the result of a clause in his employment contract negotiated by his agent or lawyer. Because of his ability to bring in boatloads of revenue to the network his representative held all the cards in the negotiations and I can't imagine, for tax purposes, not having the payment spread over some period of time rather than one lump sum for the IRS bloodsuckers to sink their fangs into.

It would be unusual IMO for his representative to get a cut of his client's severance bucks. Whatever he/she charged BO for services rendered included hammering out good contract details with Fox.

Forum List

Back