I was there! and so was she, thank God

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
Back in February, I started a thread titled "I was There"
I talked about Woodstock back in 1969 and the angel who likely saved my life.
The person who pulled me out of the mud, who I only remember as a smallish girl with dirty blond hair just happens to be a member here at USMB. For 42 years, when ever I related the tale, I referred to her only as "my angel". I had nothing more; no recollection of a conversation, no real memory of her face.
When I told the story, she sent me a private message, saying she had pulled a young man out of the mud at the Festival.
After several days of discussion, it became clear to me, that after 42 years, I had found my angel. However, she requested that I not reveal her identity.
So, out of respect for her wishes, I more or less dropped the subject.
Fast forward 3 months. A couple days ago, I posted a photo of me driving a farm tractor. She saw the picture and recognizes my nose and eyes and is sure that I am the man she pulled out of knee deep mud back in August of 1969. She has given me permission to go public.

I'd like to present my nomination for the guardian angel of USMB, peach 174.

Thank you, Angel!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIabgPX14R4]YouTube - Walt Disney's It's A Small World After All[/ame]

:)

I remembered when you posted about that. So Peach was your angel? That is such a neat thing to read. Hugs to both of you.

Where did you post the pic of you on the tractor? Wanna see. Link please.

Here ya go

She pulled THAT out of the mud. :lol: <just kidding>

Great story.

Well, I was a lot younger and almost as good looking....
Yeah I agree. Amazing that after all this time, i find her on a political message board.
You tend to think a lot about people who've had such an impact on your life. It troubled me that I had never thanked her for her act of kindness.

Sweet. Peach is a Peach.

And Ernie...What A BEARD!

She may have pulled you out of the mud.

But you look like you are still stuck in the 60's :lol:

Not really. About a week or so after returning from Woodstock, I bought my first Harley Davidson.
It wasn't long before I traded one counterculture for another.
It was actually kind of easy and I didn't even have to cut my hair.

Back in February, I started a thread titled "I was There"
I talked about Woodstock back in 1969 and the angel who likely saved my life.
The person who pulled me out of the mud, who I only remember as a smallish girl with dirty blond hair just happens to be a member here at USMB. For 42 years, when ever I related the tale, I referred to her only as "my angel". I had nothing more; no recollection of a conversation, no real memory of her face.
When I told the story, she sent me a private message, saying she had pulled a young man out of the mud at the Festival.
After several days of discussion, it became clear to me, that after 42 years, I had found my angel. However, she requested that I not reveal her identity.
So, out of respect for her wishes, I more or less dropped the subject.
Fast forward 3 months. A couple days ago, I posted a photo of me driving a farm tractor. She saw the picture and recognizes my nose and eyes and is sure that I am the man she pulled out of knee deep mud back in August of 1969. She has given me permission to go public.

I'd like to present my nomination for the guardian angel of USMB, peach 174.

Thank you, Angel!

What a great and positive thread. What a find for you and for peach174. Makes me smile. :)

Here ya go
Thanks Ernie. Love that mop of hair, lol. 3 acres, eh? How wonderful that must be!

It's great. There are deer, hogs, coyotes, squirrels, real live blue birds, cardinals, armadillos, hundreds of trees... I'm bounded up in back (East) by a several thousand acre farm and to the south for 657 feet by the US Navy. The Navy land is home to Barin NOLF (Naval Outlying Field) New Navy pilots out of Pensacola Naval Air Station practice touch and go's in 4 single engine prop trainers. There is no other air traffic at the field.
To my north I share a 650 foot boundary with a guy about my age who lives in Mississippi and is rarely around. To my west is the street (dead end) and a 100 foot common boundary with a real azzole, who fortunately only shows up for a couple hours, a couple times a week when he's had a beef with his wife.

Sweet. Peach is a Peach.

And Ernie...What A BEARD!

I've been keeping it short lately.

Really! My scoot has a windshield and that sets up a turbulence about where my chin is. The beard gets blown forward and up and my ever-present cigarette burns it off to about that length.
I've gotta remember to put the face in a ponytail too when I take the bike out.

New Topics

Forum List

Back