I was talking with a Federal judge today

Muslims must pray at certain times, christians dont have a time frame to complete their prayers.

He was probably raising his eyebrows because he was waiting for you to accuse him of legislating from the bench, that would explain his exit too.

What does that have to do with anything? You do realize that giving one religion ANY benefit over another is a violation of the first, right? right?

Did you ask BigRed for this judge's name, so that you could vote for him? :lol:

There is no requirement that christains cant pray at the pentagon now is there?

Many religions have times for prayer observance.

The Catholic church certainly does.

Fucking idiot = splatter.

You are aware that muslims pray at a cetain time every day right?

You're a retard.

"Greetings and peace!

Since I am not yet in the seminary and am able to utilize much of my free time for prayer, I have devised a daily schedule. I follow these prayer times daily unless I happen to be working at the time of the prayer. However, for the most part, I am able to pray most of my prayer schedule daily.

7:30 AM Lauds in the Perpetual Adoration Chapel
8:00 AM Rosary in the church during Eucharistic Adoration
8:30 AM Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
9:00 AM Terce in the Perpetual Adoration Chapel
12 Noon Sext
3:00 PM None
Sunset Vespers
9:00 PM Compline"
A Catholic Life: Daily Prayer Schedule
Any of this ringing a bell?

"Ok, here it is: the Divine Office propers online. This is the long and pedantic introduction so while I would suggest you sit through it if you want the propers go to around post 6 or the last post in the thread.

Many people are familiar with the most important public prayer of the Church. What most people aren’t familiar with is the other form of public prayer- the Divine Office also known as the Liturgy of the Hours. The Liturgy of the Hours to paraphrase consecrates the hours of the day to God by praying the psalms. Most of the 150 psalms (the imprecatory ones are omitted) are prayed over 4 weeks. In its latest form, the Liturgy of the Hours is prayed 5 or 7 times a day."

CAF Liturgy of the Hours (or Divine Office) daily Propers - Catholic Answers Forums

Its not a requirement of you religion now is it.

Muslims MUST pray at certain times of the day, they gave them a place to do this.

I know you hate our muslim troops but Jesus didnt insist you had to hate them.

"The Liturgy of the Hours or Divine Office (latin: liturgia horarum) is the official set of daily prayers prescribed by the Catholic Church to be recited at the canonical hours by the clergy, religious orders, and laity. The Liturgy of the Hours consists primarily of psalms supplemented by hymns and readings. Together with the Mass, it constitutes the official public prayer life of the Church. Upon ordination to the Diaconate, the daily recitation of the Liturgy of the Hours becomes a canonical obligation. The Liturgy of the Hours also forms the basis of prayer within Christian monasticism.[1]"

"The Liturgy of the Hours, along with the Eucharist, has formed part of the Catholic Church's public worship from the earliest times. Christians of both Eastern and Western traditions (including the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, and Anglican churches) celebrate the Liturgy of the Hours under various names. Within Roman Catholicism, the Liturgy of the Hours is contained within the Roman Breviary.[2] In Greek the corresponding services are found in the Ὡρολόγιον (Horologion), meaning Book of Hours. Within Anglicanism, the Liturgy of the Hours is contained within the book of Daily Prayer of Common Worship and Book of Common Prayer, as well as in the Anglican Breviary. Other names for the Liturgy of the Hours within the Latin Rite include the Divine Office, the Diurnal and Nocturnal Office, Ecclesiastical Office, Cursus ecclesiasticus, or simply cursus.[1]"

Liturgy of the Hours - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even wiki is more knowledgeable than splatter.

allie you can sit at a desk chair and do your rosery huh?

Last edited:
"Matins (during the night), sometimes referred to as Vigils or Nocturns, or in monastic usage the Night Office; in the Breviary of Paul VI it has been replaced by the Office of Readings
Lauds or Dawn Prayer (at Dawn)
Prime or Early Morning Prayer (First Hour = 6 a.m.)
Terce or Mid-Morning Prayer (Third Hour = 9 a.m.)
Sext or Midday Prayer (Sixth Hour = 12 noon)
None or Mid-Afternoon Prayer (Ninth Hour = 3 p.m.)
Vespers or Evening Prayer ("at the lighting of the lamps")
Compline or Night Prayer (before retiring)"

Liturgy of the Hours - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

allie you can shit at a desk chair and do your rosery huh?

Nice.

I'm not Catholic. I'm just not retarded and completely ignorant of the world, so I have a passing understanding of other faiths.

Unlike some I could mention, who apparently have no knowledge of the world outside their own cat-infested hoarder's manse.

Its not a requirement of you religion now is it.

Muslims MUST pray at certain times of the day, they gave them a place to do this.

I know you hate our muslim troops but Jesus didnt insist you had to hate them.

Just as there is a difference between MUST and WANT

Some people MUST take medication or they will die. Some people want to pray. It wont kill them not to pray.

From time to time in my line of work I must go to government buildings and do some work in them. I have been working at a U.S. federal court house from time to time the past year and a half. Today I had a chance to talk with one of the Federal judges there. I asked him about the Constitutional conflict the federal Government just created with the Christian religion and the Muslim religion. He politely rolled his eyes then I explained what I meant.

I said when the Federal Government refused to allow Franklin Graham to pray at the Pentagon and allowed a Muslim cleric to pray there. With obama making his statement he did about the Muslim religion and the mosque when he did not have to. I asked him was the Federal Government placing one religion over another. His eyes widen a bit, and said you do have a point. Technically yes. I replied Technically? The Judge said you'll have to excuse me I must go back to court, and walked away.
I'm still puzzled what does he mean Technically?

What I find funny about this whole thing, is that anyone against the mosque is labeled an islamaphob But the same people applying that label. Demonized Romney when he was running for office because he is a member of the Scary Mormon church.

Liberals hate Christianity Period. They will always favor other religions over it.

You are a nut case. Liberals do not hate Christianity. Most Christians are liberals.
That is the problem in many cases. Wake up.
Federal Judges are under heavy security at courthouses. Entry at street with protected gates and into protected sections in the courthouses away from the marshalls that check the public. Federal Judges do not come into contact with the public in Federal buildings.
You must be either security or a government clearance exeption.

From time to time in my line of work I must go to government buildings and do some work in them. I have been working at a U.S. federal court house from time to time the past year and a half. Today I had a chance to talk with one of the Federal judges there. I asked him about the Constitutional conflict the federal Government just created with the Christian religion and the Muslim religion. He politely rolled his eyes then I explained what I meant.

I said when the Federal Government refused to allow Franklin Graham to pray at the Pentagon and allowed a Muslim cleric to pray there. With obama making his statement he did about the Muslim religion and the mosque when he did not have to. I asked him was the Federal Government placing one religion over another. His eyes widen a bit, and said you do have a point. Technically yes. I replied Technically? The Judge said you'll have to excuse me I must go back to court, and walked away.

What I find funny about this whole thing, is that anyone against the mosque is labeled an islamaphob But the same people applying that label. Demonized Romney when he was running for office because he is a member of the Scary Mormon church.

Liberals hate Christianity Period. They will always favor other religions over it.

You are so wrong. American Liberals do NOT favor other religions over christianity. Many of them are Christians and fear muslims just as much as many cons do.

I am an atheist fiscal conservative liberal and I like good REAL Christians. I mean the ones who try and live as Christ taught them. Not warlike and full of hatred and fear as the Jews taught them in the old testament.

imho anyone who says that any war is a Holy cause is WRONG. Or at least not a true Christian.

considering his time Jesus himself was a liberal.
Conservatives supported the church that had him crucified.

You are a nut case. Liberals do not hate Christianity. Most Christians are liberals.
That is the problem in many cases. Wake up.
Federal Judges are under heavy security at courthouses. Entry at street with protected gates and into protected sections in the courthouses away from the marshalls that check the public. Federal Judges do not come into contact with the public in Federal buildings.
You must be either security or a government clearance exeption.

Liberals do not hate Christianity.
Doubtful, but if you say so.

Federal Judges are under heavy security at courthouses.
True

Entry at street with protected gates and into protected sections in the courthouses away from the marshalls that check the public.

Marshals don't do the security at the federal buildings GSA does. And the group thats does security are a great group of retired LEO's

Federal Judges do not come into contact with the public in Federal buildings.

True they don't come in contact with the public, but if you work around them you do get a chance to talk with them.

You must be either security or a government clearance exeption
Again true.

You are so wrong. American Liberals do NOT favor other religions over christianity. Many of them are Christians and fear muslims just as much as many cons do.

I am an atheist fiscal conservative liberal and I like good REAL Christians. I mean the ones who try and live as Christ taught them. Not warlike and full of hatred and fear as the Jews taught them in the old testament.

imho anyone who says that any war is a Holy cause is WRONG. Or at least not a true Christian.

Say what?
Jesues was a liberal?
and you are comparing Conservatives to the government?

Jesus would beat liberals of today like he beat the money changers in the temple.

Forum List

Back