I was talking with a Federal judge today

so what you're saying is that you consistently suck and have to find a new job all the time, huh?

no asswipe i move on to better paying jobs. Could you make 30.00 hr. Drive a company truck and i also do side jobs setting my own price. I did a side job today made 80.00 for 1 hour worth of work. Oh i fixed a mans well for him

just keep telling yourself that :thup: I'm sure it helps ease the pain of reality.

ooookayyyyy.
I'm a certified licensed Plumber I have been doing it for 21 years.
Why is that so hard to believe? If I was tring to be a lying ass braggered I would have said something other than a plumber

Last edited:
You might ask George Costanza ~ he's a lawyer.

For myself, I believe that "Technically Correct" IS correct,

but because our judicial system is so focused on INTERPRETATION,

that the judge couldn't just tell you, straight-up, you're right ~

it will have to depend on how any lawyers can make any judge SEE the thang in a different light.

Sad, but true.

Whenever anyone connected with the legal profession (judges very much included) uses the word, "technically," it generally means the point is well taken but the speaker does not agree with it personally.

The defense is making a motion to suppress evidence based on an illegal traffic stop followed by finding drugs in the car. The judge is ruling against the defense because the police claim the suspect vehicle weaved over the line and that was the reason for the stop. "Counsel, I am overruling your motion to suppress because, technically, good cause existed for the officers to stop the car in the first instance." Translation: "I don't believe the lying bastards any more than you do, counsel, but I'm not about to call members of our local police force liars. They say the car weaved, it weaved. I hate to have to do this but, on the outside chance they are telling the truth, it was a good stop."

That may not be the best example. Probably a better one is the very common situation where a defendant is found not guilty and the person talking about the verdict says, "he got off on a technicality." Translation: "It's a damn shame when obviously guilty jerks like that can escape justice on some stupid, legal technicality."

In both cases, the speakers are recognizing the validity of the ruling, but expressing personal disagreement with it.

You might ask George Costanza ~ he's a lawyer.

For myself, I believe that "Technically Correct" IS correct,

but because our judicial system is so focused on INTERPRETATION,

that the judge couldn't just tell you, straight-up, you're right ~

it will have to depend on how any lawyers can make any judge SEE the thang in a different light.

Sad, but true.

Whenever anyone connected with the legal profession (judges very much included) uses the word, "technically," it generally means the point is well taken but the speaker does not agree with it personally.

The defense is making a motion to suppress evidence based on an illegal traffic stop followed by finding drugs in the car. The judge is ruling against the defense because the police claim the suspect vehicle weaved over the line and that was the reason for the stop. "Counsel, I am overruling your motion to suppress because, technically, good cause existed for the officers to stop the car in the first instance." Translation: "I don't believe the lying bastards any more than you do, counsel, but I'm not about to call members of our local police force liars. They say the car weaved, it weaved. I hate to have to do this but, on the outside chance they are telling the truth, it was a good stop."

That may not be the best example. Probably a better one is the very common situation where a defendant is found not guilty and the person talking about the verdict says, "he got off on a technicality." Translation: "It's a damn shame when obviously guilty jerks like that can escape justice on some stupid, legal technicality."

In both cases, the speakers are recognizing the validity of the ruling, but expressing personal disagreement with it.

Well said but you must remember that most of the posters here believe if someone is arrested they are guilty and deserve no trial.

no asswipe i move on to better paying jobs. Could you make 30.00 hr. Drive a company truck and i also do side jobs setting my own price. I did a side job today made 80.00 for 1 hour worth of work. Oh i fixed a mans well for him

just keep telling yourself that :thup: I'm sure it helps ease the pain of reality.

ooookayyyyy.
Why is that so hard to believe? If I was tring to be a lying ass braggered I would have said something other than a plumber

It's not hard to believe. It's not hard to believe at all that a plumber is as high up the food chain as your mental capacity will allow you to climb.

Keep up the good work on those courthouse toilets! :thup:

ooookayyyyy.

It's not hard to believe. It's not hard to believe at all that a plumber is as high up the food chain as your mental capacity will allow you to climb.

What a totally rotton statement.

Last edited:
ooookayyyyy.

Yup. Almost as bad as someone wanting to kill every practitioner of one of the worlds largest religions. :thup:

ooookayyyyy.

They have maintence there to do the toilets. I'm there to make sure the plumbing that is installed there is installed correctly.

Yup. Almost as bad as someone wanting to kill every practitioner of one of the worlds largest religions. :thup:

What we have here a big support of Sharia law.

Well, if you want to compare demeaning a man's profession to his face (or anonymously on an Internet message board) to someone making an abstract remark about a group of people, you go right ahead. To my way of thinking, it takes one type of person to do the latter and quite another to do the former.

Forum List

Back