I was talking with a Federal judge today

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
From time to time in my line of work I must go to government buildings and do some work in them. I have been working at a U.S. federal court house from time to time the past year and a half. Today I had a chance to talk with one of the Federal judges there. I asked him about the Constitutional conflict the federal Government just created with the Christian religion and the Muslim religion. He politely rolled his eyes then I explained what I meant.

I said when the Federal Government refused to allow Franklin Graham to pray at the Pentagon and allowed a Muslim cleric to pray there. With obama making his statement he did about the Muslim religion and the mosque when he did not have to. I asked him was the Federal Government placing one religion over another. His eyes widen a bit, and said you do have a point. Technically yes. I replied Technically? The Judge said you'll have to excuse me I must go back to court, and walked away.
I'm still puzzled what does he mean Technically?

From time to time in my line of work I must go to government buildings and do some work in them. I have been working at a U.S. federal court house from time to time the past year and a half. Today I had a chance to talk with one of the Federal judges there. I asked him about the Constitutional conflict the federal Government just created with the Christian religion and the Muslim religion. He politely rolled his eyes then I explained what I meant.

I said when the Federal Government refused to allow Franklin Graham to pray at the Pentagon and allowed a Muslim cleric to pray there. With obama making his statement he did about the Muslim religion and the mosque when he did not have to. I asked him was the Federal Government placing one religion over another. His eyes widen a bit, and said you do have a point. Technically yes. I replied Technically? The Judge said you'll have to excuse me I must go back to court, and walked away.

It must be that judicial loophole that one can conveniently jump back and forth thru depending on his party affiliation.

You might ask George Costanza ~ he's a lawyer.

For myself, I believe that "Technically Correct" IS correct,

but because our judicial system is so focused on INTERPRETATION,

that the judge couldn't just tell you, straight-up, you're right ~

it will have to depend on how any lawyers can make any judge SEE the thang in a different light.

Sad, but true.

Muslims must pray at certain times, christians dont have a time frame to complete their prayers.

He was probably raising his eyebrows because he was waiting for you to accuse him of legislating from the bench, that would explain his exit too.

It must be that judicial loophole that one can conveniently jump back and forth thru depending on his party affiliation.
Technically, you do have a point.

The judge most likely meant "Leave me alone." Judges, especially federal judges, are not supposed to broadcast POVs willy nilly to strangers in courthouses.

I'm not a stranger to them, I spoken with most of the judges and Marshals there. I have been to the gun range with the Marshal. They know me.

Last edited:

What I find funny about this whole thing, is that anyone against the mosque is labeled an islamaphob But the same people applying that label. Demonized Romney when he was running for office because he is a member of the Scary Mormon church.

Liberals hate Christianity Period. They will always favor other religions over it.

and I bet they all run away as quickly as possible.

Now did you absorb the prayer time point?

What I find funny about this whole thing, is that anyone against the mosque is labeled an islamaphob But the same people applying that label. Demonized Romney when he was running for office because he is a member of the Scary Mormon church.

Liberals hate Christianity Period. They will always favor other religions over it.

Most liberals are christains you fool.

YOU are the one proposing one religion over another.

I want them all treated the same as well as the beliefs of non religious people like me.

No they don't and no I didn't I asked him exactly the way I posted the question.

DID YOU ABSORB THE PRAYER TIME POINT????

please just once deal with the facts presented

Who gives a fuck what time it was? AND we ALL know they pray at certain times. If said cleric had to pray..schedule it in.. they know when the hell they have to whip out the rug! So don't be using his prayer time as an excuse.

Last edited:
Many religions have times for prayer observance.

The Catholic church certainly does.

Fucking idiot = splatter.

No they don't and no I didn't I asked him exactly the way I posted the question.

DID YOU ABSORB THE PRAYER TIME POINT????

please just once deal with the facts presented

I uderstand that part but the refusal to allow Graham in the door had nothing to do with muslim prayer time. This happen during the National day of prayer.

Muslims must pray at certain times, christians dont have a time frame to complete their prayers.

He was probably raising his eyebrows because he was waiting for you to accuse him of legislating from the bench, that would explain his exit too.

What does that have to do with anything? You do realize that giving one religion ANY benefit over another is a violation of the first, right? right?

Did you ask BigRed for this judge's name, so that you could vote for him? :lol:

Let's assume that is true, Charles. I don't concede it...but for argument's sake let's suppose it is.

Why do you think liberals might feel this way?

I can think of a few reasons.

* Favoring other faiths helps balance out the tremendous pressure exerted on society at large to exclude anything and anyone who is not christian.

* Overreaching by some christian faiths, especially the antagonism toward science. (Stem cell research, abortifciants, creationism vs. evolution). Some christians have serious boundary issues.

* Shutting out people of other faiths -- or no faith -- from political careers.

* Endless bitchery about the separation of church and state, e.g., no prayer in public school...even though these have been settled questions for decades.

In short, some christians have been rude, rude, rude. If some liberals seem to bend over backwards to people who may have felt marginalized as a result, well, sue us.

Let's assume that is true, Charles. I don't concede it...but for argument's sake let's suppose it is.

Why do you think liberals might feel this way?

I can think of a few reasons.

* Favoring other faiths helps balance out the tremendous pressure exerted on society at large to exclude anything and anyone who is not christian.

* Overreaching by some christian faiths, especially the antagonism toward science. (Stem cell research, abortifciants, creationism vs. evolution). Some christians have serious boundary issues.

* Shutting out people of other faiths -- or no faith -- from political careers.

* Endless bitchery about the separation of church and state, e.g., no prayer in public school...even though these have been settled questions for decades.

In short, some christians have been rude, rude, rude. If some liberals seem to bend over backwards to people who may have felt marginalized as a result, well, sue us.

Great Confession
You don't SEEM to bend over backwards---you DO. Try debating straight up sometime.

Forum List

Back