I was in Alabama recently

The First Amendment and the Fourteenth Amendment for starters. Why do you want to use the the government to establish a state religion when we all have the the right to choose our religious beliefs for ourselves? Moreover, the right to privacy is long established in case law. I would not think that a person whose "sincerely held beliefs" were against abortion would have one.

I'm sort of a bottom line sort of guy, so please, point out where abortion is covered in either the First or Fourteenth Amendment.

Religion has nothing, whatsoever, to do with Roe v Wade. Thank you!
The opposition to abortion comes from some religious groups, but the First Amendment guarantees that each individual has the right to choose his or her beliefs and that the government has no right to interfere with this choice. The First Amendment also guarantees the right to privacy. If an individual has a belief that abortion is wrong, she has a right to not have one. The same is true for people who do not share this belief and may want to have one. Many people do not embrace the belief that there is something wrong with having an abortion, and have a right to be free of another person's beliefs. The 14th Amendment provides for all of us to have equal protection under the law.

We pursue our own beliefs here.
We all have a right to our choice of beliefs. We all have a right to personal autonomy. Has anyone ever forced anyone else to have an abortion against their beliefs? If so, she should call the police.

It's not beliefs, it's justification for murder.

The opposition to abortion comes from some religious groups, but the First Amendment guarantees that each individual has the right to choose his or her beliefs and that the government has no right to interfere with this choice. The First Amendment also guarantees the right to privacy. If an individual has a belief that abortion is wrong, she has a right to not have one. The same is true for people who do not share this belief and may want to have one. Many people do not embrace the belief that there is something wrong with having an abortion, and have a right to be free of another person's beliefs. The 14th Amendment provides for all of us to have equal protection under the law.

We all have a right to our choice of beliefs. We all have a right to personal autonomy. Has anyone ever forced anyone else to have an abortion against their beliefs? If so, she should call the police.

Where in the First Amendment is there any guarantee of privacy?

Where in the First Amendment is there any mention of abortion?

Not to mention the 14th was in response to slaves, now the left uses it whenever convenient.

which was thick with Pentecostals. In case you don't know Pentecostal women are expected to hide their sexuality, much like Islamic women. So there really is no difference. Why are so many men afraid of women's sexuality?

More of the $1.2T bilk called religion.

Not to mention the 14th was in response to slaves, now the left uses it whenever convenient.

Idiot! The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, ratified in 1868, granted citizenship to all persons born or naturalized in the United States—including former slaves—and guaranteed all citizens “equal protection of the laws.”

Lysistrata, Breezewood, and Valarie

Please share with us what is so funny about abortion NOT being anywhere in the First Amendment and Roe v Wade having nothing to do with religion.

Idiot! The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, ratified in 1868, granted citizenship to all persons born or naturalized in the United States—including former slaves—and guaranteed all citizens “equal protection of the laws.”

Not the injuns at the time, liar.

Please share with us what is so funny about abortion NOT being anywhere in the First Amendment and Roe v Wade having nothing to do with religion.
Please share with us what is so funny

you lost the civil war -

The Reconstruction Amendments are the Thirteenth, Fourteenth, and Fifteenth amendments to the United States Constitution, passed between 1865 and 1870, the five years immediately following the Civil War. ... The Thirteenth Amendment (proposed and ratified in 1865) abolished slavery.

did the 13th hurt you the most ...

Please share with us what is so funny

you lost the civil war -

The Reconstruction Amendments are the Thirteenth, Fourteenth, and Fifteenth amendments to the United States Constitution, passed between 1865 and 1870, the five years immediately following the Civil War. ... The Thirteenth Amendment (proposed and ratified in 1865) abolished slavery.

did the 13th hurt you the most ...

So you have nothing. Run along. You're boring.

which was thick with Pentecostals. In case you don't know Pentecostal women are expected to hide their sexuality, much like Islamic women. So there really is no difference. Why are so many men afraid of women's sexuality?

So you went to Alabama and not only polled their religious preference but investigated the sexuality of the women. Why?
BIC.

Why in the world would you go to Alabama? I lived there about 50 years ago and have never had any reason to return.
My big bro lives there.

I was in Chicago recently. It was full of Neggras. They tried to hide their ghetto Hos but they were everywhere. Why are the Neggras in Chicago afraid of their Hos?
Hos rule as they should.

Get back to me when Pentacostal women can't drive, can't hold jobs, must cover all their hair etc.

And no I'm not Pentacostal, thrilled as heck I get to wear jeans to work the next two weeks. :)
Ah, so down trodden women are meet your approval.

There is a deep strain of misogyny in these radical cults that arise from the world's major religions. It remains unexplained why some men are so deeply frightened by women's sexuality. At the same time, the societies these men live in, de facto, allow men to have alternative partners to their wives and to allow single men sexual freedom, as long as they are not gay.

It seems that these men have some belief that women's sexuality has some sort of evil magical quality, unlike their own physiology and sexuality. Even a reference to the process wherebyy a woman's uterus empties out and renews its lining every month sends a lot of these guys screaming from the room, even though they do not fear their own discharge of bodily fluids.

The restrictions on women's activities and dress result from extremely radical forms of Islam, most notably Wahhabism. They are not universal by any means. I know very little about Pentacostals. I do know that some of them prohibit women to wear slacks. One of the crazy Duggar girls even said that her husband "allows" her to do so. I don't know what else they do.
But why the fear is my question.

Forum List

Back