I was at a party with a bunch of Doctors last night....

Ranging from those who are starting on July 1st (like me) to those who have practiced for a few years to those that have practiced for a decade.

All anyone could talk about was ACA and it wasn't good.

The more experienced doctors were already making plans to leave medicine. I heard comments along the line of "this is the end of medicine." "The system is going to implode." "You will basically be working for peanuts in an environment that is going to be rife with litigation and no shields." "Your only hope is for Romney to win and get rid of this monstrosity, otherwise you should leave now."

Actually, I didn't hear any of this. I didn't hear anything good or bad about the ACA. Most people seemed unconcerned.

I believe they are unconcerned because no one knows what the true effect* of ACA is going to be. I had a good laugh at my local conservative talker guy trying to articulate what he thought this would do to patient care. He sounded like an idiot, because the things he was saying made absolutely no sense to someone familiar with patient care.

ACA could indeed be disastrous policy. It could also be great policy. I just don't know. And I don't think you, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, or Ed Schultz do either.

*Meaning the effect on health care delivery in this country and not the effect on individual tax payers in regard to cost.

GTH, I can see you as an energetic, highly skilled, save the world type of individual. I then see my own doctor running from room to room meeting the needs of each patient with believe it or not, sweat on his brow.

I sometimes thought I had to talk fast and catch him in flight if I had a concern, but just recently did just that. I asked a question and he stopped and suprisingly enough answered my question with a condition I had that I had thought about in years! He took the time to quickly order a test that proved very useful in determining a new condition and I found out just then how highly alert he was on my file.

What a good doctor, who I sometimes thought was just running a mill of patients through. I know he just has to do his job in a fashion that guarantees an income conmensurate with his skills. But it made me think of what reality has done to this man. He has to be so exhausted by the end of his day but is an excellent doctor. He works much too hard to take a step back and really see what good he does for his patients and gives the patients time to thank him.

Wonder what you will think in 18 years time.

My niece is a young doctor.

She hasn't had time for facebook or television since she entered med school, let alone schlepping around all day on a messageboard.

I continue to think geaux is full of shit.

She hasn't had time for facebook or television since she entered med school, let alone schlepping around all day on a messageboard.

Lol, I wouldn't say that, it's just the entire realm of responsibilities might not have hit him yet. The hard work and cost of his education might not ewqual to the luxuries he will deserve in the future.

You must have missed the months he was gone for either most or all of the time.

Also his cap and gown pic. Seriously. This sounds as logical as declaring Jillian isn't an attorney.

Or are you as one with that mindset as well.

What is really sad is that Obamacare won't crash the system right away, and by the time this bad law starts it work on destroying healthcare in the US, many will have forgotten most of what it was like before Obamacare. The government and it's supporting media will convince the general public that it's the fault of this boogeyman or that boogyman, anything but government run healthcare.

Hey, on the plus side, I'll be a government employee with a fat pension, plenty of time off and about half the work I have now. I'm pretty sure, knowing how the government works, that I'll have more access as a healthcare worker, to goods and services than the average poor schmuck.

I would normally feel for the patients but hell, most of the patients voted for Obama anyway so hey, elections have consequences dumbass.

83% of doctors said they would seriously consider leaving medicine.

Link?

The Doctor Patient Medical Association has released a new survey of about 700 doctors, and the results are bleak. Scary bleak. Among other dismal figures, Doctors' Attitudes on the Future of Medicine: What’s Wrong, Who’s to Blame, and What Will Fix It found that 83% of respondents are contemplating leaving the industry if Obamacare is fully implemented, owing to its disastrous projected consequences. Indeed, they openly blame the healthcare law for their industry's woes:

KEY FINDINGS

90% say the medical system is on the WRONG TRACK
83% say they are thinking about QUITTING
61% say the system challenges their ETHICS
85% say the patient-physician relationship is in a TAILSPIN
65% say GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT is most to blame for current problems
72% say individual insurance mandate will NOT result in improved access care
49% say they will STOP accepting Medicaid patients
74% say they will STOP ACCEPTING Medicare patients, or leave Medicare completely
52% say they would rather treat some Medicaid/Medicare patient for FREE
57% give the AMA a FAILING GRADE representing them
1 out of 3 doctors is HESITANT to voice their opinion
2 out of 3 say they are JUST SQUEAKING BY OR IN THE RED financially
95% say private practice is losing out to CORPORATE MEDICINE
80% say DOCTORS/MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS are most likely to help solve things
70% say REDUCING GOVERNMENT would be single best fix.

Thanks Obamacare: 83% of Doctors Surveyed Say They May Quit - Kate Hicks

blame the healthcare law for their industry's woes? :rofl:

yeah right! Medical health care issues were doing so swell before Obama care ACA/

:eek:

what bullshit

Any Doctor that supports this sham must be in on the "take". Obama's Lies will be EXPOSED!!!!

The Doctor Patient Medical Association has released a new survey of about 700 doctors, and the results are bleak. Scary bleak. Among other dismal figures, Doctors' Attitudes on the Future of Medicine: What’s Wrong, Who’s to Blame, and What Will Fix It found that 83% of respondents are contemplating leaving the industry if Obamacare is fully implemented, owing to its disastrous projected consequences. Indeed, they openly blame the healthcare law for their industry's woes:

KEY FINDINGS

74% say they will STOP ACCEPTING Medicare patients, or leave Medicare completely

Please don't ever link to TownHall again, it makes you looks stupid.
The Doctor Patient Medical Association (DPMA) and the Patient Power Alliance (PPA) work to repeal health care reform[1] and call themselves a "a nonpartisan association of doctors and patients dedicated to preserving free choice in medicine."[2] The organization is a member of the National Tea Party Federation[3] and the "American Grassroots Coalition."[4]

Doctor Patient Medical Association - SourceWatch

In other words, a bunch of partisan hacks.

your post was a partisan hack.., but I guess if it's not the Hufferpost..

You must have missed the months he was gone for either most or all of the time.

Also his cap and gown pic. Seriously. This sounds as logical as declaring Jillian isn't an attorney.

Or are you as one with that mindset as well.

No, but given my interaction with med school students and young doctors, I'm fairly certain that geaux isn't one.

Maybe a PA. Maybe.

But he just doesn't have the intellectual capacity. Sorry to rain on the internet ticker tape parade that was held to celebrate his internet graduation from internet med school.

Ranging from those who are starting on July 1st (like me) to those who have practiced for a few years to those that have practiced for a decade.

All anyone could talk about was ACA and it wasn't good.

The more experienced doctors were already making plans to leave medicine. I heard comments along the line of "this is the end of medicine." "The system is going to implode." "You will basically be working for peanuts in an environment that is going to be rife with litigation and no shields." "Your only hope is for Romney to win and get rid of this monstrosity, otherwise you should leave now."

Actually, I didn't hear any of this. I didn't hear anything good or bad about the ACA. Most people seemed unconcerned.

I believe they are unconcerned because no one knows what the true effect* of ACA is going to be. I had a good laugh at my local conservative talker guy trying to articulate what he thought this would do to patient care. He sounded like an idiot, because the things he was saying made absolutely no sense to someone familiar with patient care.

ACA could indeed be disastrous policy. It could also be great policy. I just don't know. And I don't think you, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, or Ed Schultz do either.

*Meaning the effect on health care delivery in this country and not the effect on individual tax payers in regard to cost.

It's called a "Normalcy bias", a lot of Jews in Germany in 1933 were also unconcerned.

yeah, if anyone here was gonna go Godwin, it would definitely be you.

I've been in Healthcare for 30 years, I'm not a doctor but I have two degrees in healthcare. I'm about 99% sure that GTH is nothing but a medical secretary.

Last edited:
He's probably not a decorated military man, either. Why - that's probably not even his wedding.

I'm betting his baby isn't real, either.

What a poseur.

He's been shooting down all their arguments, so now the next step is to tear him down personally.

KEY FINDINGS

Please don't ever link to TownHall again, it makes you looks stupid.
The Doctor Patient Medical Association (DPMA) and the Patient Power Alliance (PPA) work to repeal health care reform[1] and call themselves a "a nonpartisan association of doctors and patients dedicated to preserving free choice in medicine."[2] The organization is a member of the National Tea Party Federation[3] and the "American Grassroots Coalition."[4]

Doctor Patient Medical Association - SourceWatch

In other words, a bunch of partisan hacks.

your post was a partisan hack.., but I guess if it's not the Hufferpost..

There aren't too many posters on this board who aren't partisan hacks! :eusa_whistle: Maybe, just maybe, 1% aren't partisan hacks?

The negative nannies of the right are a sad bunch, thankfully some people have moved out of the cave. All you negative nannies go back in the cave and hug your rock.

Due to the widespread prevalence of Dunning-Kruger effect among conservatives and republicans, a healthcare proviso has been amended to the original bill. Conservative thought will be banned under the new Healthcare reform act as so much negativity, greed, and self centered narcissism only leads to depression and grouchy, lined faces, and furthermore is contrary to the general welfare clause of the constitution. If there were a ban on whining, the right wing would be speechless, slippery slopes, oh, slippery slope - oh wait - let's go back to the days of great depression type crashes, pollution, lead paint, witch doctors, and toxic air for if we ban them the slippery slope begins and who knows where that might lead. mc5

Forum List

Back