I was a ward of the state as a child. I got 0 help beyond fostercare

Parents don't HAVE to provide for their children past the age of 18, so why would the government be expected to do so?? Should every American citizen who has had a dysfunctional childhood be eligible for a subsidized college education??

I'm not saying the policy is right or wrong. I'm saying that targeting children to further your political career is disgusting.

Having said that I do believe that our children are our future and to single out one group with persecution is wrong. It's not their fault. If Texas felt it was the right thing to do and overwhelmingly approved it isn't that what we as republicans believe in? States rights? Or is that only when it suits us?

Im in, but with one exception.... SEAL THE FREEKIN' BORDER.

I do understand what you are saying, but this is just plain not fair to disadvantaged American kids that were born here and SO WERE THEIR PARENTS.

One more thing... stop giving their parents welfare and free medical care for the entire family. They are criminals for Petes sake.

Trust me, you take the catfood off the porch..... the cat will go elsewhere :eusa_hand:

Our "generosity" is one of the reasons that this nation is in the situation it's in. As much as you might want to, you don't make good policy trying to legislate from the heart.

Like everyone else I form my opinions through life experiences. Those were mine. I don't expect many who haven't been through what I have to agree.

Bottom line.

CHILDREN ARE NOT POLITICAL PAWNS.

Agreed.. children should not be political pawns and yet that is exactly what those proposing "dream act" type legislation are using them as. They are using "the children" as their wedge to try to widen the acceptance of allowing illegal immigrants to stay and be placed on " a path to citizenship".

Have you ever considered recognizing reality? Obama has deported more illegals than all presidents before him combined ( Beckel said so on "the Five" and no one argued), the criminals are all gone. Time to let the rest find the path, and then make illegal work ILLEGAL FOR CHRISSAKE!!!!! Like a MODERN COUNTRY OR SOMETHING fcs

We have 2 choices. Deport everyone or go case by case and grant certain rights along with citizenship. Which do you see happening? I see the latter. We can't keep our heads in the sand forever. At some point our generosity will come back. Be it negative or positive. And that depends on what we do.

True. Certainly children who came to the US legally could have their cases reviewed and granted LPRA status so they could work.

I just gave you rep and then you do this?

News flash. This isn't about legal children.

:lmao:

Have you ever considered recognizing reality? Obama has deported more illegals than all presidents before him combined ( Beckel said so on "the Five" and no one argued), the criminals are all gone. Time to let the rest find the path, and then make illegal work ILLEGAL FOR CHRISSAKE!!!!! Like a MODERN COUNTRY OR SOMETHING fcs

Sorry, but this aint flying dummy.....

The jobs are'nt here right now, and they went home on their own you liar!

Thats what ya get for listening to Beckel.... he is a dummy too :cuckoo:

Parents don't HAVE to provide for their children past the age of 18, so why would the government be expected to do so?? Should every American citizen who has had a dysfunctional childhood be eligible for a subsidized college education??

I'm not saying the policy is right or wrong. I'm saying that targeting children to further your political career is disgusting.

Having said that I do believe that our children are our future and to single out one group with persecution is wrong. It's not their fault. If Texas felt it was the right thing to do and overwhelmingly approved it isn't that what we as republicans believe in? States rights? Or is that only when it suits us?

Im in, but with one exception.... SEAL THE FREEKIN' BORDER.

I do understand what you are saying, but this is just plain not fair to disadvantaged American kids that were born here and SO WERE THEIR PARENTS.

One more thing... stop giving their parents welfare and free medical care for the entire family. They are criminals for Petes sake.

Trust me, you take the catfood off the porch..... the cat will go elsewhere :eusa_hand:

Oh, I agree. Deal with the border. I'm tired of losing bids to those that don't belong here. But I have 0 faith in the govt helping disadvantaged children that are Americans. Affirmative action made sure I got 0 help. Just seal the border americanize ALL children and let them compete for the help we can afford to give without regard to skin color.

I consider myself a conservative republican yet I don't like the way Perry is treated on the Mexican child issue. It pisses me off to see others jump all over him for wanting to help children. Others say let them pay. Well let's not play stupid. If their parents are here against the law they can't afford a better life for them. We haven't secured the border so what are we to do with the kids?

I was a severely disadvantaged youth. I went from juvenile prison to group homes to foster care to ultimately winding up in adult prison in Hutchinson State Penitentiary at the age of 17. 3 years of my life was wasted because at a young age no one took an interest and gave me some proper direction.
I was far worse than anything most of you can imagine and much worse than most Mexican youths. It's a shame that the attention and direction I needed as a youth could only be delivered by a penal institution.
We don't have to subject the next group of children to that scenario. Most, if not all of you, have no idea how hard it can be when your parents are completely fucked up. WHY SUBJECT ANY HUMAN CHILD TO ANY UNDUE PUNISHMENT BECAUSE OF THEIR PARENTS.

I got out of prison at nearly the age of 21. I applied for student loans and was denied, time after time. If anyone needed a leg up I did. So don't give me that bs line about Americans first. It's money first, and because I was a risk I wasn't worth it. Well I'm here to tell you I wasn't a risk. I was a misguided left behind child that needed a break and I didn't find it.

Obviously I ultimately made it. But it wasn't because I was American. It was because I struggled and worked my ass off to goto school and work and learn several trades. No child should be subjected to the bullshit our govt puts them through when their parents aren't responsible.

I'm a firm believer in locking down the boarders. In fact maybe more than most because my business is often undercut by immigrants. That being said, they aren't the children taking my jobs. It's uncle Sam taking my job through his incompetence.

Don't punish the kids for the mistakes of the parents. And don't give me that magnet shit either. Deal with the border properly and the issue will solve itself. Otherwise were just shooting ourselves in the foot if we don't help the children.

Ps. I said way more than I wanted to but I felt it was needed to give context. And if you only come in here to be partisan about the issue...... Fuck you

Should have joined the military. They would have turned your shit upside down. My brother was like you described but we shipped him into the marines and you can't really find a better american.

That's why I support the bit of the DREAM act that allows people to get citizenship or a green card through military service.

I consider myself a conservative republican yet I don't like the way Perry is treated on the Mexican child issue. It pisses me off to see others jump all over him for wanting to help children. Others say let them pay. Well let's not play stupid. If their parents are here against the law they can't afford a better life for them. We haven't secured the border so what are we to do with the kids?

I was a severely disadvantaged youth. I went from juvenile prison to group homes to foster care to ultimately winding up in adult prison in Hutchinson State Penitentiary at the age of 17. 3 years of my life was wasted because at a young age no one took an interest and gave me some proper direction.
I was far worse than anything most of you can imagine and much worse than most Mexican youths. It's a shame that the attention and direction I needed as a youth could only be delivered by a penal institution.
We don't have to subject the next group of children to that scenario. Most, if not all of you, have no idea how hard it can be when your parents are completely fucked up. WHY SUBJECT ANY HUMAN CHILD TO ANY UNDUE PUNISHMENT BECAUSE OF THEIR PARENTS.

I got out of prison at nearly the age of 21. I applied for student loans and was denied, time after time. If anyone needed a leg up I did. So don't give me that bs line about Americans first. It's money first, and because I was a risk I wasn't worth it. Well I'm here to tell you I wasn't a risk. I was a misguided left behind child that needed a break and I didn't find it.

Obviously I ultimately made it. But it wasn't because I was American. It was because I struggled and worked my ass off to goto school and work and learn several trades. No child should be subjected to the bullshit our govt puts them through when their parents aren't responsible.

I'm a firm believer in locking down the boarders. In fact maybe more than most because my business is often undercut by immigrants. That being said, they aren't the children taking my jobs. It's uncle Sam taking my job through his incompetence.

Don't punish the kids for the mistakes of the parents. And don't give me that magnet shit either. Deal with the border properly and the issue will solve itself. Otherwise were just shooting ourselves in the foot if we don't help the children.

Ps. I said way more than I wanted to but I felt it was needed to give context. And if you only come in here to be partisan about the issue...... Fuck you

Should have joined the military. They would have turned your shit upside down. My brother was like you described but we shipped him into the marines and you can't really find a better american.

That's why I support the bit of the DREAM act that allows people to get citizenship or a green card through military service.
My lawyer tried to talk the judge into putting me in the army but the judge would have none of it. I don't blame him, I was charged with several violent crimes. They gave me 5 to 15 years. I served 3 and am a changed man. Truth be told, I'm glad it happened. Without it I would most likely be dead or a leech on society.
I think this is why I have 0 patients for the welfare or gimmie crowd. I figure if I can do it despite my circumstances their is NO EXCUSE FOR ANYONE ELSE.

Last edited:

My lawyer tried to talk the judge into putting me in the army but the judge would have none of it. I don't blame him, I was charged with several violent crimes. They gave me 5 to 15 years. I served 3 and am a changed man. Truth be told, I'm glad it happened. Without it I would most likely be dead or a leech on society.
I think this is why I have 0 patients for the welfare or gimmie crowd. I figure if I can do it despite my circumstances their is NO EXCUSE FOR ANYONE ELSE.

You're probably one of the absolute few that actually got out of the cycle of prison.

You pub dupes ALWAYS only disagree with Pubcrappe you're PERSONALLY experienced with...I getting a headache...And Obama HAS deported as many as BOOOOSH already- and CRIMINALS not poor schnooks working or going to college. Sorry to be partisan but I am talking facts not BS.

You're probably one of the absolute few that actually got out of the cycle of prison.

I was in in the 80's and back then the recycle rate was about 93%

Dunno what it is now. When I got out I had a grandmother and preacher that helped keep me straight. I was lucky

You pub dupes ALWAYS only disagree with Pubcrappe you're PERSONALLY experienced with...I getting a headache...And Obama HAS deported as many as BOOOOSH already- and CRIMINALS not poor schnooks working or going to college. Sorry to be partisan but I am talking facts not BS.

Facts or not I seriously doubt even you know what your talking about.

After reading many of your posts, and the last line of this post, I understand why you ended up in the joint. I spent over 30 years putting people like you in the joint, I also spent over 30 years coaching baseball and working with at risk children. Some of the kids I coached ended up in the joint, not because they didn't have other options.

Last edited:

After reading many of your posts, and the last line of this post, I understand why you ended up in the joint. I spent over 30 years putting people like you in the joint, I also spent over 30 years coaching baseball and working with at risk children. Some of the kids I coached ended up in the joint, not because they didn't have other options.

Thanks for your completely pointless post. I can't help but envy your ego........

I have to ask this question..... anyone can answer.

What about kids whose parents end up in prison? They dont have anyone either :confused:

The kids make it difficut to ask these types of questions, but they must be asked.

Where do we draw the line?

They end up in the joint a helluva a lot less in Denmark, or anywhere else for that matter. We're penny wise and pound foolish. The joint is DAMN expensive. We have almost 1% there, at say 30k dollars apiece...3 million x 30k = 90 billion...

I have to ask this question..... anyone can answer.

What about kids whose parents end up in prison? They dont have anyone either :confused:

The kids make it difficut to ask these types of questions, but they must be asked.

Where do we draw the line?

Unfortunately most of them are left to repeat the same mistakes. There are counselors in the juvenile system that are supposed to give guidance and direction but more often than not they are just there for the paycheck. The idealism, I assume, is hard to keep. At least that was my experience looking back on it.
I can remember 2 or 3 that truly cared in my many years in the juvenile system. The rest were just there. Unlike Wrycatcher I won't pass judgement on him but the ones that really cared were rare.

Thanks for your completely pointless post. I can't help but envy your ego........

Don't listen to him, you should be a role model for anyone in the system now. I know it sounds weird but there are so few like you that successfully reintroduce themselves to society. One of my best friends is a particle physicist who was in your exact position, he graduated top of all of his classes and was the president of his community college for 2 semesters before he transferred to USC.

You wont get any support from the left on this, because it's perry. If it where Obama in the same spot, they would be slapping you on the back. It's sad this country has to be ruined by the left. But until we stand up and beat them down it wont change.

I consider myself a conservative republican yet I don't like the way Perry is treated on the Mexican child issue. It pisses me off to see others jump all over him for wanting to help children.

Well said. I feel similar about children. I don't think one's access to education, health care, and stable living conditions should be dictated by things beyond your control, like familial resources. As it stands, some kids have super easy access to valuable tools of advancement like education. They can make mistake after mistake, yet their family can keep bailing them out. Whereas other kids are born in utter poverty with much lower chances at success. I think it is reasonable to punish adults for bad decisions, but we should not punish children for being born into poverty. Punish and reward choice not birth status.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back