I warned you, you behaved as expected.

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Way back when, there were separate threads here named "War On Terror" and "War In Iraq". I saw even then the dilemma of combining them. Nonetheless, we have now the bifurcated wars on terror and Iraq discussed here in a single thread or forum.

President Bush has admitted there is no connection with Iraq and 9/11. Even Dick Cheney, after declaring with all authority the opposite, admits there are no WMD's in Iraq and further admits that the threat of a "mushroom cloud here in the homeland" was ill conceived at best. Both tacitly admit there was no threat whatsoever from the peoples of Iraq towards the government, the population or even the business interests of the United States Of America. Why are we there?

I would suggest the understanding of United States Generals that the Iraqi battleground is much more easily observed and predicted than the unforgiving landscape of Afghanistan. I would further suggest that American Military intuition was to some extent correct in that Iraq would prove a magnet, a flypaper if you will, for Islamic militancy, deserving or not. I'll go on to say the military genious behind this operation was and is completely wrong.

A major defeat of Islamic fundalmentalism in Iraq, which doesn't seem likely in light of recent elections both in Iraq and elsewhere in the middle east, will only move the attention to other areas while the fundamentalists rejoin and reconstitute wherever they find more comfortable or otherwise attractive.

We have been taught and learned since childhood that any war against China by the United States Of America would result in catastrophic loss to our peoples simply due their might by population. I would suggest that we now endeavor to complete the impossible as warned by our teachings and of world history.

It's mathematics. Muslims outnumber Christians by 2 to 1 and the Muslims are growing and they are much more committed than average Christians.

As a child of God and an American, I will not knowingly in any way injure another human being due simply to their ethnicity, their religion, their country or their difference of political opinion. I have always thought this as the American way of life.

Psychoblues

Saddam Hussein was funding terrorist groups and had WMD's and was hiding them from the UNSCOM inspectors. You need to look at the recent declassified Saddam tapes. Translated by Bill Tierney at the intelligence summit February 2006.
As far as government official playing the political spin game of media sound bites versus actual intelligence,I'll let you figure out the truth on that one.
Iraq will serve as an excellent forward operating base against enemies the U.S. sees as a threat to the country's best interest. So far its been a great kill box for those radical Islamic militants who want to tangle with the armed forces of the United States.
This ever expanding war is a war over culture,religion,ideology,natural resources,trade routes,you name it. Some of the very same conditions that we see today existed in the time of the crusades. Oh and by the way, Christian armies of the crusades were also in many cases outnumbered by a ratio of two to one. But that did not stop the Crusaders who were a huge minority operating supplies lines from thousands of miles away in Europe from kicking Muslim butt.
Now China is a different story. Sure they got troops, but do they have the transportation and logistics and energy resources (fuel) to get them to the fight? I think not. The world is yet to see the true power of the United States Navy.
As far as the American way of life and children of God fighting the enemy in wars. Get real! The United States does what every other country does. It act in its own best interest! Many country get pushed out to shape because we do it better then anyone else. I can tell you every country if they could, they would be doing everything in their power to gain as much power,resources,trade,control you name it if they could. Mankind is who he is. Its our nature to be this way. History tells the truth.
As far as children of God serving in the military and killing the enemy in a time of war. Israelis(messianic or others)and Christians have been fighting war for centuries. They have slain their enemies for many reasons including ethnicity,religious and political. God is Sovereign and He establishes rulers. Kings,Presidents,Prime ministers, you name it. The men and women who fight wars for those rulers are justified in their duty but God's Sovereignty. Just like the men who fought for King David. Keep in mind, we are talking about children of God and their service to their country. Just my two cents.

Psychoblues said:

It's mathematics. Muslims outnumber Christians by 2 to 1 and the Muslims are growing and they are much more committed than average Christians.

Psychoblues

I don't know where you get your stats, but here you go. Before you go all 'practicing' or 'committed' on me, just remember that when under attack, people defend what they know:

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/xx.html#People

Religions:
Definition Field Listing
Christians 33.03% (of which Roman Catholics 17.33%, Protestants 5.8%, Orthodox 3.42%, Anglicans 1.23%), Muslims 20.12%, Hindus 13.34%, Buddhists 5.89%, Sikhs 0.39%, Jews 0.23%, other religions 12.61%, non-religious 12.03%, atheists 2.36% (2004 est.)

Psychoblues said:
President Bush has admitted there is no connection with Iraq and 9/11. Even Dick Cheney, after declaring with all authority the opposite, admits there are no WMD's in Iraq and further admits that the threat of a "mushroom cloud here in the homeland" was ill conceived at best. Both tacitly admit there was no threat whatsoever from the peoples of Iraq towards the government, the population or even the business interests of the United States Of America. Why are we there?

Did I miss all that? Seriously, don't laugh.

Psychoblues: Muslims outnumber Christians by 2 to 1

Kathianne: Definition Field Listing
Christians 33.03% (of which Roman Catholics 17.33%, Protestants 5.8%, Orthodox 3.42%, Anglicans 1.23%), Muslims 20.12%, Hindus 13.34%, Buddhists 5.89%, Sikhs 0.39%, Jews 0.23%, other religions 12.61%, non-religious 12.03%, atheists 2.36%

Wow, Psycho - Kathianne busted your ass six ways from the middle on this one, huh? You must be terribly proud...

Numbers mean nothing.

China c1840-1945 was proportionally as large as
it is now, and was powerless in the face of the
technical superiority of the much smaller but more
advanced West, and Japan.

The same goes for the Muslim areas of the world.

Both are now much more technically advanced,
especially China. However, they still face a daunting
technical gap which I do not believe they can ever
overcome, provided the more advanced nations make
the effort to continuously upgrade their own capacities.

In such a case China will never be able to extend
at all beyond its present borders in the face of a
sufficiently determined West.

And in the same case the west could completely obliterate
the Muslim counties, using only conventional means.

I would like to keep this advantage for all time, so I
am NOT in favor reducing our defence budgets by one
penny, and I am in favor of increasing them as much as
needed, if that is what it takes to keep the gap at least
as big as it now is in our favor.

USViking said:
Both are now much more technically advanced,
especially China. However, they still face a daunting
technical gap which I do not believe they can ever
overcome, provided the more advanced nations make
the effort to continuously upgrade their own capacities...

...and, provided we don't elect another two-dollar whore President, who'll trade our most sensitive technological secrets to the Chinese for hefty campaign contributions.

I hope they're keeping hell hot for Bill Clinton.

"President Bush has admitted there is no connection with Iraq and 9/11. Even Dick Cheney, after declaring with all authority the opposite, admits there are no WMD's in Iraq and further admits that the threat of a "mushroom cloud here in the homeland" was ill conceived at best. Both tacitly admit there was no threat whatsoever from the peoples of Iraq towards the government, the population or even the business interests of the United States Of America."

An unmitigated LIE!! Prove by links or citation that Bush or Cheney EVER said anything of the kind.. Sorry Psycho but your lying or quoting a liar..

Thomas( )Paine,
Here is the link. Bush did say it, and its from The Most Trusted Name in News no less.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,97527,00.html

"We have no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the Sept. 11" attacks, Bush said at the start of a meeting with congressional lawmakers discussing new energy legislation. But, he added, "There's no question that Saddam Hussein had Al Qaeda ties."

The World's Greatest News Source sayeth it is, so it must be so.

Mr.Conley said:
Thomas( )Paine,
Here is the link. Bush did say it, and its from The Most Trusted Name in News no less.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,97527,00.html

The World's Greatest News Source sayeth it is, so it must be so.

Why oh why do we have to nitpick this to death??? Bush declared war on terrorism and states that harbored them. If Al Qaeda suddenly decides to change it's name is the war over? :terror:

Funny how you conveniantly left this portion out of your original quotation. Still I see no link to the supposed Cheney statement. Ya see when you quote things incompletely you leave out a great deal of the message. That's how the New York Times and other propaganda organizations operate. It's deceptive and disingenous.

ThomasPaine said:
"Funny how you conveniantly left this portion out of your original quotation. Still I see no link to the supposed Cheney statement. Ya see when you quote things incompletely you leave out a great deal of the message. That's how the New York Times and other propaganda organizations operate. It's deceptive and disingenous.

trobinett said:
It` ALSO how the left operates, along with most, who are willing to throw in the towel.

OMG!!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!! I GOT A CONSERVATIVE TO ADMIT THAT FOX NEWS IS, "DECEPTIVE AND DISINGENOUS,"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS GOING ON THE OLD RESUME NOW.

Dear Thomas( )Paine and Trobinett,
I you had actually looked at the link, you would have discovered, that I merely copied and pasted the first paragraph from the Fox article. Everything you said condemning my improper quotations as wrong doesn't apply to me, but rather to good old Fox news. You just called Fox a propoganda machine.

On a second note, thanks for making my day. This is absoulutly hilarious. The best thing is that you will probably never the the connection. THis is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Oh wow oh wow oh wow.

Thank you,
Mr.Conley

Mr.Conley said:
OMG!!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!! I GOT A CONSERVATIVE TO ADMIT THAT FOX NEWS IS, "DECEPTIVE AND DISINGENOUS,"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I you had actually looked at the link, you would have discovered, that I merely copied and pasted the first paragraph from the Fox article. Everything you said condemning my improper quotations as wrong doesn't apply to me, but rather to good old Fox news. You just called Fox a propoganda machine.

On a second note, thanks for making my day. This is absoulutly hilarious. The best thing is that you will probably never the the connection. THis is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Oh wow oh wow oh wow.

Thank you,
Mr.Conley

Ok, so let me get this straight. You post a quote with practically no context, make wide conjectures as to its meaning, get slammed for using this quote deceptively, then claim that the place you posted the quote from was what was being slammed. You're a douche. Seriously, man, you must have, like, a sad and depressing life if you get that excited by being debunked while using a quote from Fox News. Go watch a movie or get a girlfriend or something. You need some stimulation or something. I'm going to have to leave now just in case it's contagious.

Mr.Conley said:

Thank you,
Mr.Conley

all media is propaganda by definition .... damn i thought you all were the smart ones....

Hobbit said:
Ok, so let me get this straight. You post a quote with practically no context, make wide conjectures as to its meaning,...
As the article says, Bush was in a meeting with Congressional lawmakers concerning new energy legislation. The main point is that Bush admited there was no link between Saddam and 911; however, as the quote from Fox notes, Bush still said (and says) later that there was a link between Saddam and bin Ladin. I also provided a link to the rest of the article for anyone else to view.
Hobbit said:
...get slammed for using this quote deceptively,
Mistakingly slammed for using the quote. I provided the information asked for. Do you think I didn't notice that the sentence right afterwards stated something that was less than helpful for the opposing postion? There's a reason a left it. To provide an accurate representation of what Bush said. Now if I had removed that part, then that would have been wrong.
Hobbit said:
...then claim that the place you posted the quote from was what was being slammed.
Let us observe.
ThomasPaine said:
Ya see when you quote things incompletely you leave out a great deal of the message. That's how the New York Times and other propaganda organizations operate. It's deceptive and disingenous.
As you can see, the supposed quote deception by me, but actually by Fox, was something, "deceptive and disingenous," and, "how the New York Times" operates. This is a clear assault on the author of the sentence for being like the liberal establisment and, "how the left operates." What neither Trobinett nor Thomas realized was that what they were accusing me of wasn't done by me, but by Fox News, thats were the blame for any supposed quote manipulation lies.

Hobbit said:
You're a douche. Seriously, man, you must have, like, a sad and depressing life if you get that excited by being debunked while using a quote from Fox News. Go watch a movie or get a girlfriend or something. You need some stimulation or something. I'm going to have to leave now just in case it's contagious.

Your analytical prowess and well researched position clearly support your unwarrented personal attack. Since you seem to know so much about me, please answer a few questions.
1. What is my actual name?
2. What is my favorite color?
3. Name three things that make my life, "sad and depressing."
4. What is my sex? Male or Female.
5. In your post you tell me to go, "get a girlfriend." What if I already have one? Also,if the answer to question #4 is the later, is this an endorsement of homosexuality?

I would also like to leave a message for Thomas Paine and trobinett,
I would like to apologize, although we had a misunderstanding, I overeacted in my reply. When I first read your post, I was very angry because it seemed to me you were accusing me of purposely altering information to enhance my own postion at the expence of the truth, I was infuriated. However, I soon saw the flaw in your agruement and, in both humor and anger, reposted, Although you accidental condemnation of Fox has been declared hilarious by no less than 4 people, I feel my reply was too shameless. I hope you will forgive me.

Mr.Conley

Mr.Conley said:
please answer a few questions.
1. What is my actual name?
2. What is my favorite color?
3. Name three things that make my life, "sad and depressing."
4. What is my sex? Male or Female.
5. In your post you tell me to go, "get a girlfriend." What if I already have one? Also,if the answer to question #4 is the later, is this an endorsement of homosexuality?

1. mr. conley....unless you are lying
2. you don't have one as it would not be fair to the other colors
3. geroge bush, karl rove, dick cheney
4. sure
5. girls make great friends give it a try

manu1959 said:
1. mr. conley....unless you are lying
2. you don't have one as it would not be fair to the other colors
3. geroge bush, karl rove, dick cheney
4. sure
5. girls make great friends give it a try
Sorry manu, but that section was rhetorical and unrelated to both you and the discussion. Your attempts at barbed comedy are in vain.

Forum List

Back