I want your opinion

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
So, historically, whenever I've seen vanity plates on a car, a part of me always thinks how idiotic and what sort of egomaniac would get those.

I have no idea what changed, but now I'm seriously considering getting a vanity plate. I think maybe I just don't care if folks think I'm an idiot.

Anyway, what do you think? Should I get vanity plates?

Well, this'll give ya some insight into how my brain works. License plates are your car's ID. WTF would you wanna make it simple for everyone to call 911 and say "the green car with MZPRZ" plates just cut me off?

Anyhoo, in Ohio you get whatever's left. After 20 years or so, ain't all the cool vanity plates taken?

I don't have one but I often find it amusing to read other people's vanity plates.

That people contrive a clever statement in only 7 letters (or digits) can be pretty neat.

I'd love to tell you, but I can't give that out. There are some seriously unstable folks here and too much personal information would be available on me.

I can say that to the average driver, they will not know what it means, at all. There is only a relatively small population of folks who would find any significance to it. Nothing like 'IAMGR8' or crap like that.

Unless they say "SiMoron", because then it's truth in advertising.... no. :razz:

Don't do it man! Don't do it! ;)

Last edited:
How 'bout "STFUMAN"? :lol:

STFUMAN.jpg

Last edited:
Well, this'll give ya some insight into how my brain works. License plates are your car's ID. WTF would you wanna make it simple for everyone to call 911 and say "the green car with MZPRZ" plates just cut me off?

Anyhoo, in Ohio you get whatever's left. After 20 years or so, ain't all the cool vanity plates taken?
Exactly one of my concerns about it, Madeline. But, I also know that if I don't go robbing a bank, driving drunk, or anything obviously illegal and easy to prove, that's not a problem if some asshole calls the cops on me for 'cutting them off'. The callers can't prove shit and the cops can't do shit in that sort of case.

Good point, though.

Exactly one of my concerns about it, Madeline. But, I also know that if I don't go robbing a bank, driving drunk, or anything obviously illegal and easy to prove, that's not a problem if some asshole calls the cops on me for 'cutting them off'. The callers can't prove shit and the cops can't do shit in that sort of case.

Good point, though.

Also makes you easy to stalk, Si. For single ladies of the beautious persuasion, I vote "no".

So, historically, whenever I've seen vanity plates on a car, a part of me always thinks how idiotic and what sort of egomaniac would get those.

I have no idea what changed, but now I'm seriously considering getting a vanity plate. I think maybe I just don't care if folks think I'm an idiot.

Oh, yeah!

Anything that brings a smile to your face is a plus...to others, a bonus.

We always laugh about getting one that says 'VANITY'...

I know a science teacher who had a neat sports car with the plate C6H1206...thats the formula for sugar.

Go for it, be clever!

Oh, yeah!

Anything that brings a smile to your face is a plus...to others, a bonus.

We always laugh about getting one that says 'VANITY'...

I know a science teacher who had a neat sports car with the plate C6H1206...thats the formula for sugar.

Go for it, be clever!
Oh! I could do C2H5OH!

Hmmmm.

Might get me pulled over often on a weekend night, though.

Good point, though.

Also makes you easy to stalk, Si. For single ladies of the beautious persuasion, I vote "no".
Right. That's a big, big concern.

I'm glad you brought it up, though, because now I don't feel like I am not too paranoid thinking that.

So, I am considering that.

I once made an acquaintance of fellow 1933 LaSalle. Other than his love of obscure autos (he also had a Maxwell and a Franklin) he was a quiet type. He got vanity plates so that he could avoid the how old and what is it questions. 33LSAL.

Anywho, whatever you decide is up to you not this gang of no life messageboard nitwits.

Forum List

Back