I want to visit Chicago in the summer and was wondering is the downtown area similar to NYC?

Chicago pizza hands down.

Blasphemy

I just don't think you have had it. Everyone knows when eating Chicago pizza the angels sing, the heavens open up and light shines down.

Fact.

Blasphemy

I just don't think you have had it. Everyone knows when eating Chicago pizza the angels sing, the heavens open up and light shines down.

Fact.

Chicago is known for deep dish pizza and that type of pizza taste like greasy ass

You're prolly the only one here who knows what greasy ass tastes like so we defer.

It's basically you take a pizza..... put on the toppings, cheese and sauce... then slap another pizza on top. Pizza sammich. Food for DAYS.

Doesn't taste any different, there's just more of it. Like eating a cake instead of a cookie.

Chicago to me is more like Philly than New Yawk. But if you're talking downtowns, meh --- they're all the same, no character in high rise buildings.

Mainly the difference is Manhattan is laid out all nice and rectangular with right angles on the major streets so it's hard to get lost or not have a sense of where you're going. Chicago isn't laid out like that, nor are most cities. It's laid out along a Lake so it's kind of elongated.

I grew to like the place after several visits. Get to Wrigley Field, if you can get in. And don't forget to sample deep dish pizza.

Why is Chicago more like Philly?

Because it's old and neighborhoody and blue collar.

Some say Chicago is more like LA

Blasphemy

Fact.

Blasphemy

Fact.

Chicago is known for deep dish pizza and that type of pizza taste like greasy ass

You're prolly the only one here who knows what greasy ass tastes like so we defer.

It's basically you take a pizza..... put on the toppings, cheese and sauce... then slap another pizza on top. Pizza sammich. Food for DAYS.

Doesn't taste any different, there's just more of it. Like eating a cake instead of a cookie.

Not my type of pizza

Chicago to me is more like Philly than New Yawk. But if you're talking downtowns, meh --- they're all the same, no character in high rise buildings.

Mainly the difference is Manhattan is laid out all nice and rectangular with right angles on the major streets so it's hard to get lost or not have a sense of where you're going. Chicago isn't laid out like that, nor are most cities. It's laid out along a Lake so it's kind of elongated.

I grew to like the place after several visits. Get to Wrigley Field, if you can get in. And don't forget to sample deep dish pizza.

Why is Chicago more like Philly?

Because it's old and neighborhoody and blue collar.

Some say Chicago is more like LA

They would have to have not been to either to say that. Nothing similar in any way, shape or form.

Blasphemy

Fact.

Blasphemy

Fact.

There is pizza beyond deep dish but whatever.

You can have anything you want. Chicago is divided into neighborhoods.
Chicago Entertainment, Events & Restaurants | Metromix Chicago

Although, they have this chain called Potbelly Sandwich Shop that isn't worth it.

Blasphemy

Fact.

Blasphemy

Fact.

Although, they have this chain called Potbelly Sandwich Shop that isn't worth it.

Ok I just thought the deep dish is what was the main appeal of chicago pizza

Blasphemy

Fact.

Blasphemy

Fact.

Ok I just thought the deep dish is what was the main appeal of chicago pizza

It is. I love deep dish Chicago pizza. I used to go to the Uno's and Gino's East but that can be too much pizza. Pizano or Vito and Nick's for thin crust.

Forum List

Back