I want to END the FED in my lifetime

todash19

Rookie
Feb 15, 2011
Vancouver, WA
Hi, I'm new here. I'm a Ron Paul supporter and ardent critic of the Private Federal Reserve.

I sincerely believe that all of the problems with society and government start with the existence of the FED. It enables runaway spending and debt and steals the money from the people.

I have $5 I'm betting you couldn't articulate what the Fed even does without parroting Paul. I get the feeling most of your type are looking for a new conspiracy theory to blame for "all that's wrong".

I might could be wrong -- but I'm willing to risk my $5.

Hi, I'm new here. I'm a Ron Paul supporter and ardent critic of the Private Federal Reserve.

I sincerely believe that all of the problems with society and government start with the existence of the FED. It enables runaway spending and debt and steals the money from the people.

Welcome. :clap2:

We need more people at USMB who truly understand the problems facing our country.

(BTW, there are actually people who do not know what the Fed does, but don't tell anybody. :eusa_shhh:)

I have $5 I'm betting you couldn't articulate what the Fed even does without parroting Paul. I get the feeling most of your type are looking for a new conspiracy theory to blame for "all that's wrong".

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome, Madeline. You may as well burn you five spot. It's a bet you would lose, but chances are you wouldn't pay up anyway.

What does the FED and Bush have to do with each other? I may have my work cut out for me educating the statists here.

Thanks for the genuine welcome i received here. I'm sure at least one person meant it. :)

Strange how with many the fed became an enemy AFTER Bush left office.

Yep.

Ron Paul was also pushed into a box by conservatives during that time. There were some conservative message board where you could get banned for starting a Ron Paul thread.

Im thinking it isnt hard to say , you cannot run a coherent currency policy on money you have to borrow from a private bank that sets the interest rate to benefit the bank.

Strange how with many the fed became an enemy AFTER Bush left office.

The FED has always been an enemy. We don't need the FED. The bankers need the FED.

Why has the Fed been the enemy?

They are thieves. Robbing the people with a hidden tax. They have crushed the value of the dollar since their inception. If we don't need them, why do we have them?

What would you replace it with?

I wouldn't. Go back to the gold standard. Or, at the very east legalize competing currency.

I wouldn't. Go back to the gold standard. Or, at the very east legalize competing currency.

The supply of gold has barely risen over the past decade even though the price has gone up 500% whereas the economy has risen by 50% in real terms. How would you deal with rising real interest rates above the long-term rate of growth simply because the demand for money balances was rising, which would stunt rising incomes?

Also, what do you mean by "competing currencies?" Do you mean the euro? The Canadian dollar? All other currencies are fiat currencies, owned and manipulated by foreign governments. Wouldn't this pose the same problems as the Fed?

The supply of gold has barely risen over the past decade even though the price has gone up 500% whereas the economy has risen by 50% in real terms. How would you deal with rising real interest rates above the long-term rate of growth simply because the demand for money balances was rising, which would stunt rising incomes?

Also, what do you mean by "competing currencies?" Do you mean the euro? The Canadian dollar? All other currencies are fiat currencies, owned and manipulated by foreign governments. Wouldn't this pose the same problems as the Fed?

A great competing currency was the Liberty Dollar.

Obviously that's why it was shut down and raided by the FBI, even after several different government agencies including the SS and the Treasury said it was legal. Of course that was BEFORE it started picking up steam within the marketplace.

This video is pretty enlightening

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qIhDdST27g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qIhDdST27g[/ame]

Forum List

Back