‘I want to die’: David Goodall, 104, hours away from ending his life in Switzerland

One less Social Security recipient.

That's the only good news.

I did not get whether this moron had any family or friends.

Did not sound like it though.

103 is a good run. we're kinder to our pets than we are to people.

and he was living in Switzerland....NOT a social security recipient. and even if he was.....
The news reported that he FLEW to Switzerland so that does not jive with your suppositions.

oh.

either way, we're kinder to our pets. *shrug*

Assisted suicide...the guy goes >10K mi from home to get whacked? Pay somebody a couple hundred bucks to drive you to a bridge and drop you off next to the railing with a step stool...Rat poison? Pills? Shit....train tracks?
He may have been a doctor with 100 papers published but he apparently lacked common sense.

He wanted to make a statement on pro assisted suicide, and had a go fund me page which he collected 20 grand.

Last edited:
There's a big difference between living and being alive.
You damn skippy there! I have been alive for the past four years, not sure I am living right now though! Get the courts and divorce out of my life and I might strat living again. Fucken attornies and courts are the biggest waist of time and resources available. I can not believe people invite them into theri lives!

Good for him. I am 100% in favor of people dying with dignity. He lived a long life and went out on his own terms. :

Personally, I would have listened to Vivaldi's L'estro Armonico.......:thup:

The only thing this old moron demonstrates is that atheism is a dangerous religion, or lack thereof.

I hope he at least donated his corpse to some hospital so they at least got a good geriatric cadaver out of it.

The only thing this old moron demonstrates is that atheism is a dangerous religion, or lack thereof.

I hope he at least donated his corpse to some hospital so they at least got a good geriatric cadaver out of it.

How do you know he was an atheist?

What makes me speculate that he is/was an atheist.

He has no morals.

He has no respect for life not even his own.

He is showboating for euthanasia.

Those are 3 of the big clues.

My father died of brain cancer January 2017.
In the last month it got bad. Twice a day I went to my parents house and helped my Mom change his diaper.
There were times I had to help him place his penis in a jug, because he no longer had the motor skills to navigate his hands well enough.
Thank God he had a colonoscopy years prior,. That would have been a whole other level of indignity.
For the last 6 weeks of his life, the first 4 he was reasonably aware of things. But he lost the ability to speak, he could make noise...but absolutely no ability to even somewhat form words.
We all could see the torture in his eyes.

It was the worst 6 weeks of my life.
I have thought about it 100 times if not 1000.....if he had a choice would he have chose to go?
Yes. I believe he would have. And Dad was a christian his entire life.

He could have just gone to a bar in Guatemala city and said " The Pope is a fag".
He could have went anywhere and said any number of things but did this instead. Is everything a joke to you?
Yeah. Including life in general. Waddling around trying to look good and collect shit that you can't take when you check out.It's like shopping all day at a mall and then you find out you can't take it "home" and play with it.
Exactly.

No hope of any kind in any future beyond the grave.

Atheist obviously.

The wages of atheism are death.

Were any of your comments necessary? I mean seriously, a sad story about an old man who's ready to call it quits and you found it necessary to turn it into a religious screed of some sort?

Pathetic

What makes me speculate that he is/was an atheist.

He has no morals.

He has no respect for life not even his own.

He is showboating for euthanasia.

Those are 3 of the big clues.

Well if there is a God, he sure has given him a good long successful life with health for well into his 90's. I read he lost 4 wives due to death and had 14 grandchildren and 4 kids of his own.
I guess I can search the web for that article, but why. He didn't enjoy being alive, found it boring and monotonous, and due to failing eyesight and mobility was dependent and he didn't want to be.

Last edited:
My father died of brain cancer January 2017.
In the last month it got bad. Twice a day I went to my parents house and helped my Mom change his diaper.
There were times I had to help him place his penis in a jug, because he no longer had the motor skills to navigate his hands well enough.
Thank God he had a colonoscopy years prior,. That would have been a whole other level of indignity.
For the last 6 weeks of his life, the first 4 he was reasonably aware of things. But he lost the ability to speak, he could make noise...but absolutely no ability to even somewhat form words.
We all could see the torture in his eyes.

It was the worst 6 weeks of my life.
I have thought about it 100 times if not 1000.....if he had a choice would he have chose to go?
Yes. I believe he would have. And Dad was a christian his entire life.
David Goodall: Australian scientist 'welcomes death' at Swiss clinic - CNN

I read this guy had to take a few trips and go in front of a board and be alert and orientated. I think we should make our wishes known and have advanced directives made out.

I often wonder what kept Stephen Hawking going, he had to of had a lot of pain or numbness, perhaps decubitus , and dark emotional periods.

He could have just gone to a bar in Guatemala city and said " The Pope is a fag".
He could have went anywhere and said any number of things but did this instead. Is everything a joke to you?
Yeah. Including life in general. Waddling around trying to look good and collect shit that you can't take when you check out.It's like shopping all day at a mall and then you find out you can't take it "home" and play with it.

Okay fair enough. However, the good Dr. Goodall seemed to have a little more on the ball than waddling around and colleting shit.
Goodall strikes me as a moron and an atheist.

you mean he doesn't believe that some guy came back to life?

why do you think euthanasia and a belief in G-d are mutually exclusive?

th

A long walk outside during a winter blizzard would have accomplished the same.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back