I want to build a nuclear reactor and save some money on electricity

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
My electric bills are getting too damned high. And yesterday, the power went out within a 30-mile radius for three hours. Screw that. All I need to do is find a copy of Mother Earth News issue 23. I think that's the one that had an article about building your own personal nuclear power plant. Then I need to find 250,000 old watches with radium dials. Then I'll have free electricity...wheee...yahooo!

Let's see now:

1. Find a copy of Mother Earth News issue 23, that has the article about building your own personal nuclear power plant.

2. Collect 250,000 old watches with radium dials.

3. ???????

4. Free electricity!!!! Yippee!

I got my Geiger counter and five old watches with radium dials. Actually, one is a compass, but that will work. All I need now are 249,995 more watches with radium dials.

Suck it, losers. Soon I'll have all the free electricity I want.
:dev3::cul2::boobies::19::FIREdevil::funnyface::spinner:

rad1.jpg

rad2.jpg

Old Army generator.. shh.. the platoon size with the jet engine starter. ;)

You may need a couple neighbors to uncouple from the grid and go in with you on operating costs, though. 2 should suffice.

A more reliable method is available...

hqdefault.jpg

How did they get that little chimpanzee to stay on that bicycle like that?

I'm going with the reactor. But I'll probably have to wait until 2020 to get it online because I don't have enough liberal tears for the cooling jacket.

Old Army generator.. shh.. the platoon size with the jet engine starter. ;)

You may need a couple neighbors to uncouple from the grid and go in with you on operating costs, though. 2 should suffice.

I don't have any neighbors. They all hate me 'cause I'm always out in the yard shooting at stuff.

hqdefault.jpg

I'm going with the reactor. But I'll probably have to wait until 2020 to get it online because I don't have enough liberal tears for the cooling jacket.

Saline isn't an option ... reactor coolant has to be ultra distilled.

hqdefault.jpg

Saline isn't an option ... reactor coolant has to be ultra distilled.

Liberal tears as as pure as a mountain stream. They not only make good firearms lubrication, but cure cancer too.

But Mother Earth News issue 35 has an article on building your own still, just in case. Now I have to find a copper pot too. This is getting too complicated.

My electric bills are getting too damned high. And yesterday, the power went out within a 30-mile radius for three hours. Screw that. All I need to do is find a copy of Mother Earth News issue 23. I think that's the one that had an article about building your own personal nuclear power plant. Then I need to find 250,000 old watches with radium dials. Then I'll have free electricity...wheee...yahooo!

Let's see now:

1. Find a copy of Mother Earth News issue 23, that has the article about building your own personal nuclear power plant.

3. ???????

I got my Geiger counter and five old watches with radium dials. Actually, one is a compass, but that will work. All I need now are 249,995 more watches with radium dials.

rad1.jpg

rad2.jpg

You will need to take 7 years of algebra classes & pass 1 year of algebra :21: to figure out that nuclear reactor stuff

Let's see now:

3. ???????

rad1.jpg

rad2.jpg

You will need to take 7 years of algebra classes & pass 1 year of algebra :21: to figure out that nuclear reactor stuff

Had all that shit in high school, tech school, then again in college. Haven't found a use for it yet.

We don need no steenkeeng algebra.

Let's see now:

3. ???????

rad1.jpg

rad2.jpg

Nuclear power reactors aren't terribly complicated. Much less so than nuclear bombs. Nuclear material is hot, it will boil water. The heated water in a pressurized primary loop will reach temperatures well over 500F.

The rest of a nuclear power plant is very conventional, the same technology used in coal-fired plants since the 19th Century. The heated primary loop boils water in a steam generator that turns a turbine and makes power.

The trick is keeping the radiation contained. Stresses can create micro leaks which can contaminate the secondary and then the whole thing is a huge, hot mess.

The trick isn't making them work. The trick is making them work safely.

I'm going with the reactor. But I'll probably have to wait until 2020 to get it online because I don't have enough liberal tears for the cooling jacket
Wait until Trump declares a national emergency. Chuck and Nancy alone will provide the needed tears.

Let's see now:

3. ???????

rad1.jpg

rad2.jpg
Maybe start with building nuclear batteries

Let's see now:

3. ???????

rad1.jpg

rad2.jpg

Nuclear power reactors aren't terribly complicated. Much less so than nuclear bombs. Nuclear material is hot, it will boil water. The heated water in a pressurized primary loop will reach temperatures well over 500F.

The rest of a nuclear power plant is very conventional, the same technology used in coal-fired plants since the 19th Century. The heated primary loop boils water in a steam generator that turns a turbine and makes power.

The trick is keeping the radiation contained. Stresses can create micro leaks which can contaminate the secondary and then the whole thing is a huge, hot mess.

Dude: You just got your name on "The List." Dibs on your stuff. :laughing0301:

Oh wait. I'm on there too.

Let's see now:

3. ???????

rad1.jpg

rad2.jpg

Dude: You just got your name on "The List." Dibs on your stuff. :laughing0301:

Oh wait. I'm on there too.

I'm the least consequential person in this country. The only list I'm on is Publisher's Clearance House's mailing list.

Let's see now:

3. ???????

rad1.jpg

rad2.jpg
iu

screenshot_25.png

Guaranteed to be below critical mass!

Let's see now:

3. ???????

rad1.jpg

rad2.jpg
iu

View attachment 244179

Guaranteed to be below critical mass!

Geez. I wonder how many kid's balls rotted off a month after getting that for Christmas?

:laughing0301:

Forum List

Back