I want the Republicans to win big in 2010 and win the White House in 2012

I want this to happen for the simple fact that I want to see the blatant hypocrisy that will be present on USMB.

For a non-partisan flamer like myself, I will have loads of fun with that!

A REFRESHER COURSE IN THINGS SAID POST ELECTION 2008 YO, WHITE PEOPLE, SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU ARE NO LONGER RELEVANT, WE DON'T NEED YOU, WE DON'T NEED TO LISTEN TO YOU, WE WON YOU LOST. YOU GOT THAT? GOOD NOW SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET THE GROWN UPS LEAD. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: HOW THE FUCK DID THAT WORK OUT FOR YA? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: OLD FAT WHITE REPUBLICANS ARE DEAD AND IRRELEVANT, SO SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP.. TEA PARTY? THERE MUST BE ALL OF TEN PEOPLE IN THE TEA PARTY.. :lol::lol::lol: kERRY oN.

Someone needs a nap.

But first, we get to see the USMB Liberals commit suicide online the night of November 2nd! Another board I'll be watching is Democrat Underground.

Those boards will be hillarious, even if the GOP fails to get control.

As a moderate, I'm hoping for a GOP win in 2010. I'm a big fan of divided government. People forget that part of what made Reagan great was having to work with the Democrats in Congress, and arguably Clinton's best achievements came as compromise with Newt.

The republican plan is still a big secret. They're saving it for after the election.

It doesn't appear so far that they need one. The Democrats have screwed the people so badly that it seems many are willing to prefer no plan over failed plans.

I don't think you can win the White House if you're just running against the other guy. Folks who doubt that should talk to Kerry and ask him how he lost to a guy that was losing in the polls to the "anyone else" option.

The House and Senate on the other hand can be won just by not being the other party. The Democrats pretty much blindly stumbled into their win in 2006.

So it is entirely possible for the GOP to win control in 2010 without a plan of any kind. I don't think they will, but it could happen.

But first, we get to see the USMB Liberals commit suicide online the night of November 2nd! Another board I'll be watching is Democrat Underground.

As a moderate, I'm hoping for a GOP win in 2010. I'm a big fan of divided government. People forget that part of what made Reagan great was having to work with the Democrats in Congress, and arguably Clinton's best achievements came as compromise with Newt.
i'm only hoping the GOP takes over control of the house and the senate go to be about even
that seemed to do pretty good when we had the last dem POTUS

Way to spin the truth. When in fact it will be the truth everything that is happening now and the things that will come will be because of what obama and the democrats have done but when the democrats have been removed and everything remains in the shitter you will of course blame it all on the Republicans.

That's the way both parties operate. The only difference between Obama and Bush has been Obama is laying blame on Bush himself. When it was Bush, the GOP machinery did the heavy lifting. The stuff that Hannity, Rush, Beck, Coulter, etc laid at Clinton's feet was incredible. The level of hypocriscy they've risen to since Obama won is astounding.

So yes, if the GOP wins in 2010 AND 2012, they'll lay everything at the Democrats feet. That's just the way the game is played. If you think the next crop of GOP will be any different, I wish you luck.

Last edited:
We know this because Bush constantly blamed Clinton for the recession and 9/11, right?
Oh, wait.

Yes, he did.

Blame - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 06/29/2010 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Modbert.......Jon Sewart is the most credible source you can offer?:eusa_whistle:

Stewart offers a satirical overview that illustrates niether party excepts responsibility for anything.

Currently Stewart is about the most credible source out there for anything. That's how sad things have become.

i'm only hoping the GOP takes over control of the house and the senate go to be about even

I personally like the Senate to be as close to 50/50 as possible without actually being 50/50. Once you get to 50/50 everything deadlocks and the Executive gets extra influence via the VP tiebreaker.

I think the most likely scenario for a GOP win is House control by a narrow margin and a close Senate. I'm still not sure that will happen. I do think that if the GOP misses in 2010 they'll probably sweep in 2012. The best outcome for the DNC is a GOP win now. They might hold the White House if that happens.

I personally like the Senate to be as close to 50/50 as possible without actually being 50/50. Once you get to 50/50 everything deadlocks and the Executive gets extra influence via the VP tiebreaker.

I think the most likely scenario for a GOP win is House control by a narrow margin and a close Senate. I'm still not sure that will happen. I do think that if the GOP misses in 2010 they'll probably sweep in 2012. The best outcome for the DNC is a GOP win now. They might hold the White House if that happens.
i agree, it would be bad for the GOP to take obver both bodies of congress this year
but to make gains toward a larger victory in 2012
but then, when the GOP had both bodies and the WH it wasnt so good either
they still grew government and spent way too much money
it seems gridlock is the best thing for the American people

i agree, it would be bad for the GOP to take obver both bodies of congress this year
but to make gains toward a larger victory in 2012
but then, when the GOP had both bodies and the WH it wasnt so good either
they still grew government and spent way too much money
it seems gridlock is the best thing for the American people

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DiveCon again

Obama is no BilL Clinton. Clinton was interested primarily in Clinton. He would deal with the Devil himself if it improved his reputation. Obama is a) a left wing partisan, b) vain, and c) stupid. He will not be able to work with the GOP, just as he has not until this point.
Of course if they do nothing for the next two years, that still beats their performance for the last two.

Obama is no BilL Clinton. Clinton was interested primarily in Clinton. He would deal with the Devil himself if it improved his reputation. Obama is a) a left wing partisan, b) vain, and c) stupid. He will not be able to work with the GOP, just as he has not until this point.
Of course if they do nothing for the next two years, that still beats their performance for the last two.
that will remain to be seen

Way to spin the truth. When in fact it will be the truth everything that is happening now and the things that will come will be because of what obama and the democrats have done but when the democrats have been removed and everything remains in the shitter you will of course blame it all on the Republicans.

That's the way both parties operate. The only difference between Obama and Bush has been Obama is laying blame on Bush himself. When it was Bush, the GOP machinery did the heavy lifting. The stuff that Hannity, Rush, Beck, Coulter, etc laid at Clinton's feet was incredible. The level of hypocriscy they've risen to since Obama won is astounding.

So yes, if the GOP wins in 2010 AND 2012, they'll lay everything at the Democrats feet. That's just the way the game is played. If you think the next crop of GOP will be any different, I wish you luck.

Bush and the Republicans never, ever blamed Clinton for anything.....:eusa_whistle:

Bush and the Republicans never, ever blamed Clinton for anything.....:eusa_whistle:
please show a link to Bush blaming Clinton for anything

This is called "projection."
No, Bush never said, "the attacks of 9/11 are a direct result of the failed policies of the previous administration."
Bush was too much of a leader to shirk responsibility like that. He focused on what he would do to stop thsoe attacks, or whatever the issue was. Sometimes he did the right thing. SOmetimes not.
But he never whined that Democrats were his problem.

This is called "projection."
No, Bush never said, "the attacks of 9/11 are a direct result of the failed policies of the previous administration."
Bush was too much of a leader to shirk responsibility like that. He focused on what he would do to stop thsoe attacks, or whatever the issue was. Sometimes he did the right thing. SOmetimes not.
But he never whined that Democrats were his problem.
Bush fucked up a lot of things, he NEVER placed blame on Clinton for ANYTHING

that doesnt mean others in the GOP didnt, but Obama has repeatedly placed blame on the "previous administration" or claimed he "inherited" problems
i dont recall Bush or Reagan, for that matter, EVER doing such

i also don't recall Clinton doing such

He came pretty close.

WASHINGTON — President Bush said Thursday that mistakes made by three of his predecessors, including the Reagan administration's restraint after the 1983 bombing of the Marine barracks in Lebanon, had emboldened terrorists and helped set the stage for the Sept. 11 attacks. [...]

Without mentioning his predecessors by name, he cited as examples the U.S. response to the hostage crisis in Iran during the Carter administration, the Lebanon bombing during Reagan's term and four events on Bill Clinton's watch: the first World Trade Center attack, the killing of American soldiers in Somalia, the bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa and the attack on the battleship Cole. In each case, the president chose not to retaliate with large-scale military offensives.

"The terrorists concluded that we lacked the courage and character to defend ourselves, and so they attacked us," Bush said. Vice President Dick Cheney, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and senior military officials stood at his side.​

He came pretty close.

WASHINGTON — President Bush said Thursday that mistakes made by three of his predecessors, including the Reagan administration's restraint after the 1983 bombing of the Marine barracks in Lebanon, had emboldened terrorists and helped set the stage for the Sept. 11 attacks. [...]

Without mentioning his predecessors by name, he cited as examples the U.S. response to the hostage crisis in Iran during the Carter administration, the Lebanon bombing during Reagan's term and four events on Bill Clinton's watch: the first World Trade Center attack, the killing of American soldiers in Somalia, the bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa and the attack on the battleship Cole. In each case, the president chose not to retaliate with large-scale military offensives.

"The terrorists concluded that we lacked the courage and character to defend ourselves, and so they attacked us," Bush said. Vice President Dick Cheney, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and senior military officials stood at his side.​
thats not blaming, thats pointing out the truth
that multiple administrations made errors

Forum List

Back