I want one!!!!!!!!!

The XM-109 will make a great deer rifle! I wonder if it fits the description of an assault weapon?

CSM said:
The XM-109 will make a great deer rifle!

Not at 33 pounds.

I wonder if it fits the description of an assault weapon?

Glad you asked.....

semiautomatic rifles which accept a detachable magazine are classified as "assault weapons" if they have two of the five following features: folding stock, pistol grip, bayonet mount, grenade launcher, threaded barrel for flash suppressor.
http://justfacts.com/gun_control.htm

But you can have the very same weapon without any of the above and it's okay...Boy the Ban that expired was a bunch of feel good.. :poop:

DKSuddeth said:
33 lbs and low velocity? :lame2:

lightweight and high velocity please. :bow2:

It's a matter of physics. How much kinetic energy is delivered by the round at the point of impact. The heavy weight of the piece lends stability to the firing platform, something of great importance in a sniper weapon.

Lightwieght and high velocity has its place though,

CSM said:
The XM-109 will make a great deer rifle! I wonder if it fits the description of an assault weapon?

This was in jest, folks. I doubt seriously that any critter shot with this thing would have much left to it, As for the assault weapon part, as I said before, any weapon used to assault another person is an assault weapon....

JOKER96BRAVO said:
How about verbal assault???

"Words are like weapons, they wound sometimes..."

I heard that someplace. I guess it depends on the words: folding stock? bayonet stud? over ten rounds in the magazine?

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Retired Army huh.
I just got out.
You might like this
LOSAT

Retired May a year ago.

I have seen the LOSAT before. There is a lot of research going on with kinetic energy weapons. To me the BIG advantace to kinetic weapons is NO explosives involved. The terrorists would have a hard time making IEDs out of them, wouldn't they?

I don't like the fact you have to be pointed the direction you want to fire...shorten the missles, put em in a turret. :)

Did any of you see when they were testing the 25mm bushmaster (think Bradley main gun) mounted to a hmmwv? From what I remember, the force of continued firing was 'breaking' the hmmwv's chassis. :)

Long way to go in developing rail guns, etc. Kinda hard to envision those things as personal firearms. It would be neat to have one for varmint shooting though!

Forum List

Back