I want my country back

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK

So I run into my neighbor Marcel Proost who is driving down Buckshot Creek Road in his old Toyota truck. I see he’s got two new bumper stickers on the back fender. One says “Take Back Our Country.” The other is “Climate Skeptic.”
Marcel sometimes likes to do things just to get a rise out of folks, especially me, whom he considers a fuzzy-minded Berkeley liberal. I never know whether he’s serious or just trying to provoke someone into a long, contorted argument in which he can sport his libertarian opinions.
“Marcel,” I say, “I’m happy to see you want to take back your country. Can I ask from whom you want to take it back? Who took it away from you?”
“They did, John.”
“And who is “they?”
“All the people who are ruining our country, particularly the government.”

Edited, read more @ Link:

John Adams:Hell Mouth:Taking Back Our Country

Cretins like this taking our county back scare the hell out of me.

I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK

So I run into my neighbor Marcel Proost who is driving down Buckshot Creek Road in his old Toyota truck. I see he’s got two new bumper stickers on the back fender. One says “Take Back Our Country.” The other is “Climate Skeptic.”
Marcel sometimes likes to do things just to get a rise out of folks, especially me, whom he considers a fuzzy-minded Berkeley liberal. I never know whether he’s serious or just trying to provoke someone into a long, contorted argument in which he can sport his libertarian opinions.
“Marcel,” I say, “I’m happy to see you want to take back your country. Can I ask from whom you want to take it back? Who took it away from you?”
“They did, John.”
“And who is “they?”
“All the people who are ruining our country, particularly the government

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK

“They did, John.”
“And who is “they?”
“All the people who are ruining our country, particularly the government

Folks like you who think that everything is just "coming up roses" and there is no problem with what Congress and this Owe Bama administration is doing to the country is what scares the hell out of me. I think that Marcel Proost probably has more on the ball than you do.

Yeah. Heaven forbid people don't want to be over taxed. Heaven forbid people don't want to spend their children into slavery by using money we don't have and will likely never see anymore. Heaven forbid, we want to make our own choices.

No, we should just keep empowering the Executive branch of this nation until Obama, or whomever is in office at the time of critical mass, just declares himself Emperor and has us killed just for exercising our rights as Americans.

Fabulous ideas guys.

Yeah. Heaven forbid people don't want to be over taxed. Heaven forbid people don't want to spend their children into slavery by using money we don't have and will likely never see anymore. Heaven forbid, we want to make our own choices.

No, we should just keep empowering the Executive branch of this nation until Obama, or whomever is in office at the time of critical mass, just declares himself Emperor and has us killed just for exercising our rights as Americans.

Fabulous ideas guys.

Yeah, because that is happening, right? :cuckoo:

Fabulous ideas guys.

heaven forbid the rightwingnuts should have said word one about it when the prior admin cut taxes and spent 200 billion dollars on a war of choice.

Fabulous ideas guys.

heaven forbid the rightwingnuts should have said word one about it when the prior admin cut taxes and spent 200 billion dollars on a war of choice.

I like the term "war of choice."

It makes all other "wars of nonchoice" seem essential.:tongue:

Fabulous ideas guys.

some wars are essential, or at least necessary. this one served no purpose and had no basis.

Fabulous ideas guys.

So to counter that, this admin Raises taxes, spends a couple Trillion dollars, and keeps the War(s) going on...

:clap2:

Fabulous ideas guys.

Yes, that is what's happening, aside from the Emperor part.

So to counter that, this admin Raises taxes, spends a couple Trillion dollars, and keeps the War(s) going on...

1) Why has it raised taxes.
2) Why did it spend the money?
3) Why did it keep the wars going?

You know, the one thing that peeves me about Obama haters and neocons in general is that they live on sound bites. There is no substance to their argument.

They think a throw away sentence from the likes of Rush, Hannity or O'Reilly is some intriguing insight, when all it is is a partisan, insipid few words with no hard data or research to back it up.

Read the post I have just quoted to see an example of it...

Last edited:

Fabulous ideas guys.

Yes, that is what's happening, aside from the Emperor part.

Stop being a Drama Queen. Go live in the Sudan, Somalia, North Korea for a year. Then we'll talk....

some wars are essential, or at least necessary. this one served no purpose and had no basis.

Yep, hard to argue that 1812 wasn't necessary. Once the enemy burns down your capital, I consider a war necessary, but simply crashing a plane into it is a "Grey Area."

You know, the one thing that peeves me about Obama haters and neocons in general is that they live on sound bites. There is no substance to their argument.

They think a throw away sentence from the likes of Rush, Hannity or O'Reilly is some intriguing insight, when all it is is a partisan, insipid few words with no hard data or research to back it up.

Fucked if I know...
UE has done nothing but climb
Gubment has more fingers in more pies than ever before
And how's that "bringing the troops home" bullshit lie working so far?

If you say stuff like that, they will call you a "racist".

Fucked if I know...
UE has done nothing but climb
Gubment has more fingers in more pies than ever before
And how's that "bringing the troops home" bullshit lie working so far?

I know you don't know. I've yet to see a conservative to offer a critical, doable argument. Saying "I don't know" and "no" are not solutions....

New Topics

Forum List

Back