I want him to rot in there': Woman petitions against release of father, who murdered her mother

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Lisa Chappelle, 31, of Sullivan, hopes to never see her father again.

She hasn’t since she was 13 months old in the summer of 1987 — just after he murdered her mother in Killeen, Texas.

Since August of that year, Chappelle’s father, Ernest Jack Chappelle, has been serving a 60-year sentence for killing his wife, who was also named Lisa Chappelle. She was just 19 at the time and seven-months pregnant. On July 31, 1987, the younger Lisa Chappelle said, her father stabbed and then dismembered her mother. Lisa Chappelle said her unborn sister’s body has never been recovered.

Thirty years after the murder, Texas officials will soon decide whether Ernest Chappelle will be released on parole.

But Lisa Chappelle, along with some of her family members and friends, are doing what they can to convince a Texas parole board to keep him behind bars.

“For my safety, for my family, for the safety of the public, I want him to rot in there,” Lisa Chappelle said. “I mean, it’s never going to be full justice because serving 60 years doesn’t bring back my mother, and it doesn’t bring back my sister.”
'I want him to rot in there': Woman petitions against release of father, who murdered her mother

I think he would be doing less time today.

Forum List

Back