I want a logical argument from the left for why this man's point of view is wrong.

It's a 6 minute long video. Watch the whole thing.

I've never heard the argument that letting people into the US will reduce world poverty.

But hey.

You nailed it on the first try.

The man's entire argument is built on a false premise, and therefore collapses.

False premise - Wikipedia

What about my argument though? The one I built off of the things in that video that are actually true and accurate.

Explain the fault in his logic please. I want to understand what you understand. Make me less ignorant.

i'm not a miracle worker

You could at least explain what you believe in your way. Obviously I'm too stupid to understand, but I'll try.

i could do a lot of things.

You're on a political discussion board. Do you have any idea how weak you look right now?

no, why don't you 'splain it to me, mr gumball?

Explain the fault in his logic please. I want to understand what you understand. Make me less ignorant.

i'm not a miracle worker

You could at least explain what you believe in your way. Obviously I'm too stupid to understand, but I'll try.

You're on a political discussion board. Do you have any idea how weak you look right now?

Sure. You're bothering to be active on a political board but won't voice your argument because you don't really have a good one.

i'm not a miracle worker

Sure. You're bothering to be active on a political board but won't voice your argument because you don't really have a good one.

coming from you, that doesn't have quite the sting you might think it would

enjoy your gumballs

I've never heard anyone, ever, say that the immigration issue is about "about tackling world poverty", which is the very foundation of his point.

Tossing straw man arguments into a complicated, contentious issue only drags us further away from honestly and effectively addressing it.
It is actually the small part of a very larger argument on why our immigration policy is unsustainable and harmful to our nation. It takes only a little bit of intellectual curiosity to dig a bit further into the math that proves his right.

coming from you, that doesn't have quite the sting you might think it would

enjoy your gumballs

I hope your tail is nice and comfortable positioned between your legs. Have a nice day.

only a little bit of intellectual curiosity

WITCH! BURN THIS HEATHEN!
His arguments on the disaster we face if we continue a 1m person immigration per year policy cannot be refuted.

They didn't even watch the video. We're wasting our time I guess. At least I tried.
They will never watch it. When it comes to repeatable and proven science, they pop their heads into the sand and cover their ears.

It is useful information to use when they start screaming about how our infrastructure is falling apart, or how we need more money for the poor (which is a direct link to the ridiculous immigration policy they support). Our social safety net and infrastructure was designed and budgeted for X number of people and growth.

The out of control immigration into this country has so overwhelmed the system that its a wonder it still functions.

It's a 6 minute long video. Watch the whole thing.

I've never heard the argument that letting people into the US will reduce world poverty.

But hey.

The point is the left convinces us to let in millions of people every year, mistakenly believing they are making some kind of humanitarian difference. Instead all they're really doing is making it harder for Americans, and at a time when things are already hard for Americans. It's truly heartbreaking that so many struggle, but we can't save them; it's impossible. We can't even save most or even a lot of them. There are too many people and our little bubble of prosperity is not big enough for everybody. So I guess your choices are to enjoy your way of life and accept that you are privileged and extremely lucky, or feel guilty for what you have and attempt to mitigate that guild by burdening America for no logical reason.

Yes, this appears to be the result of idiotic partisan politics.

Both sides take sides on issues and they stick to those positions no matter what.

The left do it. The right do it.

Both sides attack each other for doing it.

And yet both sides make sure that it continues.

Forum List

Back