I want a choice, dammit.

The GOP better give me a fucking choice.

Hear hear

I didnt vote for mac daddy or Obumble.

Though I suspect my write in was counted for him.

I used to run one of those browning 50cal puppys in nam. Awesome weapon.

sigpic19660_10.gif

I agree with Si modo.
I'm sick and tired of no choice in the Democrat party.
No one ran against Gabby Giffords last time and no one so far is running against President Obama.
They have become the party of one candidate only party. In my book that's dictatorship.
Unfortunately, it's pretty much a given that the incumbent will be the Dem nominee. That's why I'm thinking Hillary may switch parties. I have thought she would for a while.

After trashing Bill? LMAO!!!

I can't get past Ron Paul's escalating whining. His voice gets higher and higher as he goes along so much so, that I think he is going to cry at any second.

Not very leaderly-like.

I know, it's a personal thing, but he does need a persona makeover.

That's Ron Paul's main problem. He comes across as a sour faced, whiney old man on television. I can't remember ever seeing the man smile. And since the onset of television, a candidate can't be just competent. They have to be likable to gain traction and be electable. Paul isn't.

Gary Johnson doesn't have that problem. But because of his strong libertarian views and strong fiscal conservatism, he also is not going to be a darling of the Republican establishment that has become far too liberal and political for most of our tastes and therefore they won't help him. He can't be elected if the party isn't behind him.

I made the same mistake FoxFyre about G. Johnson. What I didn't realize at the time I picked him out of the field is evidently the people expect candidates to have a small trace of personality in order to be President. Who would have figured that?

Yes, Gary's problem isn't that he doesn't have personality. He does. He gives a great speech. He is articulate and likable in interviews. He comes across as sincere because he is. He's as honest and decent a person as you'll find in politics. But he is not GOP mainstream which means he can't be in the club. And unless you are in the club, you won't be given sufficient face time on television or be talked up as a serious candidate. In other words, you will be shut out.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
I can't get past Ron Paul's escalating whining. His voice gets higher and higher as he goes along so much so, that I think he is going to cry at any second.

Not very leaderly-like.

That's Ron Paul's main problem. He comes across as a sour faced, whiney old man on television. I can't remember ever seeing the man smile. And since the onset of television, a candidate can't be just competent. They have to be likable to gain traction and be electable. Paul isn't.

Gary Johnson doesn't have that problem. But because of his strong libertarian views and strong fiscal conservatism, he also is not going to be a darling of the Republican establishment that has become far too liberal and political for most of our tastes and therefore they won't help him. He can't be elected if the party isn't behind him.

The ironic thing is that the Republicans consider themselves conservative and Johnson to be liberal.

everyone should want their president to do a good job...none of us are isolated from the decisions of the political party in office but really is there a difference anymore in political parties...seems both parties just want to exploit what they can and no longer listen to the american people...or perhaps it is the voters fault...no one educates themselves on the true issues anymore....we are not good citizen...we let partisan politics and issues of distraction overcome our common sense

i have said since the beginning that the gop would just cluster fuck this whole thing and get obama re elected.....

and that is what seems to be happening...ask yourself why and follow the money

Not very leaderly-like.

The ironic thing is that the Republicans consider themselves conservative and Johnson to be liberal.

Gary is pure libertarian (little 'L") He is a diehard fiscal conservative but also a strong social liberal in the sense that he doesn't think the federal government should be making ANY rules about how people should be living their lives short of violating the rights of others. He's prettty much on the same page with the Founders in that regard.

Forum List

Back