I Voted!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Only had to wait in line for 10 minutes! It was around 7:30 am. They said they had a long line at 6 am before the doors opened.

It felt so good to make my choices, then push that red button to finalize my vote.

I am proud to be an American.

I got up extra early so I could be the first in line.

There was at least 100 people already there in line.

But it only took about 15 minutes.

I can't imagine how incredibly long the lines will be for people who vote after they get off work!!

Last edited:
I am proud of you Echo for adding your voice to our great process, this morning I am riding in a van loaded with my daughters friends from college all of them Barack Obama supporters . At first, I thought they needed this old Republican in there to make fun of, then I have come more to the conclusion it has something to do with the free eats and gas afterwards .lol

I am proud of you Echo for adding your voice to our great process, this morning I am riding in a van loaded with my daughters friends from college all of them Barack Obama supporters . At first, I thought they needed this old Republican in there to make fun of, then I have come more to the conclusion it has something to do with the free eats and gas afterwards .lol

LOL!

You and your daughter remind me of my dad and I. He and I usually were not on the same "page" when voting, but he respected my choices and was proud that I did vote in every election since I was 18.

I also love how Obama has inspired the youth of our nation to get involved in the political process, it's something that I hope always stays with them.

Now, of COURSE you are going to have to buy them food and drinks, and maybe even take them to the mall LOL! :D

LOL!

You and your daughter remind me of my dad and I. He and I usually were not on the same "page" when voting, but he respected my choices and was proud that I did vote in every election since I was 18.

I also love how Obama has inspired the youth of our nation to get involved in the political process, it's something that I hope always stays with them.

Now, of COURSE you are going to have to buy them food and drinks, and maybe even take them to the mall LOL! :D

Echo I learned a LONNGGGGGGGGGGGGG time ago to stay well clear of Malls with teenage and young girls. lol Now dropping them off and going to a movie, that might work, but you would be hard pressed to get me anywhere near a mall. It's one of those take me if you have to things.

Only had to wait in line for 10 minutes! It was around 7:30 am. They said they had a long line at 6 am before the doors opened.

It felt so good to make my choices, then push that red button to finalize my vote.

I am proud to be an American.

It feels awesome, doesnt it?

I can't believe those people who are standing in line for ten hours. Jesus, I don't think I could even do that. My hat off to them.

For some reason, I've never seen huge lines in rich, affluent, white neighborhoods. :confused:

Here in Oregon, we vote by mail. I received my ballot over a week ago, and mailed it back the day I got it. I consider it my duty to vote in every election, and on every issue that I have a working knowledge of. And an early congratulations to President Obama.

I voted. Even voted for one Democrat. I voted for the Democrat running for the House, Jones is our supposed Republican incumbent but he is so Liberal it isn't funny. Figure if a Liberal has to be in might as well be a Democrat not a Republican and there is always a chance he is a Conservative Democrat.

Doubt he wins though have seen NOTHING from him on TV, Paper or radio.
But Jones had a challenger in the primary and he got 40 percent with out even trying hard. People are pretty irritated with Jones round here.

Walter Jones Jr. NC 3rd US District. His old man was a die hard Democrat and he tried running as one at first but the good ole boy system told him to wait, so he changed parties. His first two terms he stayed to the center and right but after that his true colors came out. Hope he LOSES.

i voted. and it only took about 10 minutes...probably 30-40 people in line...not bad.

and I even voted for one republican...course the choice was between a republican and a republican claiming to be a democrat as of about 6 months ago...

i got to the place at 7:15, i was #138, took over an hour. and when i got there they had marked me down as having cast an absentee ballot, so I had to wait while they looked through the stack of ballots to verify that I had not in fact already voted. turns out they marked my brothers ballot under my name. needless to say, it wasnt a fun experience

At 15 minutes before opening there was a line. Young and old, rather amazing. By the time we voted the lines were 30 deep.

OBAMA/BIDEN

After 22 months of foreplay, I decided to join in on the climax - and voted. All I can hope for is a speedy second-coming. Go anti-christ!

Seriously, get everyone you know to vote regardless of who they support. It's orgasmic.

I voted, but I have to admit, I had no idea who the other people were. They do ZERO advertising for state legislature and US representatives. Both Schumer and Clinton aren't running for re-election, so this was really just a guessing game as to who was who. Another thing - the voting machines here are older than dust. You pull a lever, move the switches, and pull the lever again... not difficult, but archaic. At least there's no hanging chads. :D

I voted, but I have to admit, I had no idea who the other people were. They do ZERO advertising for state legislature and US representatives. Both Schumer and Clinton aren't running for re-election, so this was really just a guessing game as to who was who. Another thing - the voting machines here are older than dust. You pull a lever, move the switches, and pull the lever again... not difficult, but archaic. At least there's no hanging chads. :D
You should have contacted your local Z.O.G. representitive.

They would have told you exactly who you people are suppose to vote for. :badgrin:

Forum List

Back