I Used To Go To The Theater

You can't expect quality from hollywood cinema. Big budget American theaters will only play Hollywood shit flicks.

You people have terrible tastes. Not even being a snob.

I can't stand being in a theater anyway.

1. I hate watching a movie to have it be ruined by noisy people, or worse noisy kids whose parents are too incompetent to shut them up.

2. It's horribly expensive. $17 per person for the movie, plus $20 per person for food and a drink.

For $20 I can buy 2 large pizzas, and feed 4 to 6 people. For $17, I could buy a half dozen movies, and have a movie marathon all weekend.

This is insane.

3. Lastly, and this is a personal pet peeve... Many movies suck. After I've blown all this money, and gathered all these people, the movie turns out to be trash, and then I find it difficult to walk out of the theater, so I end up staying and watching the trash to the end, and hating every single second of it.

Instead, if I buy a $2 movie, and it sucks, then I can just pop in one of the other good movies I have, and I'm fine. I only lost $2.

Top 5 films since 2000.....

Lord of the Rings series. The Hobbit wasn't too bad. Though not nearly as good.
Expendables series wasn't totally bad, if you like action.
Harry Potter series not so bad.
Matrix series. The second two were not as good, but still not bad in my book.
The Bourne series.

Honorable mentions... RED, Pirates of the Caribbean, Batman reboot, Inception, Hot Fuzz.

Fails include: Transporter series, GI Joke, Terminator Salvation, Battle L.A., Iron Man series. The Star Trek reboot didn't really work for me. Not sure why since I generally like SiFy, but it just didn't work for me that well.

List your top five films since 2000.

Here are some good ones
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
The Core

The Day After Tomorrow
San Andreas San Andreas (film) - Wikipedia

I Am Legend
War of the Worlds
War of the Worlds (2005 film) - Wikipedia
The Martian

Interesting that you liked a bunch of movies I considered dogs. Apes was terrible. 2012 was a joke unless you just like watching stuff destroyed without logical reasoning. The Day After Tomorrow was the most intellectually bonkers stupid movie I've seen in 10 years. I Am Legend was boring, Will Smith screaming at a mannequin. War of the Worlds was Tom Cruise trying to have a father-son bonding moment in the middle of a world war.

The rest I haven't seen, but all looked bad, which is why I didn't see them.

Here are some good ones
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
The Core

The Day After Tomorrow
San Andreas San Andreas (film) - Wikipedia

I Am Legend
War of the Worlds
War of the Worlds (2005 film) - Wikipedia
The Martian

Interesting that you liked a bunch of movies I considered dogs. Apes was terrible. 2012 was a joke unless you just like watching stuff destroyed without logical reasoning. The Day After Tomorrow was the most intellectually bonkers stupid movie I've seen in 10 years. I Am Legend was boring, Will Smith screaming at a mannequin. War of the Worlds was Tom Cruise trying to have a father-son bonding moment in the middle of a world war.

The rest I haven't seen, but all looked bad, which is why I didn't see them.

San Andreas was playing at the Dollar Cinema one day. For the first time in a long time, I thought to myself that it was overpriced. No

Any list that doesn't include Crash on it is horribly flawed in my opinion. Inception comes to mind as well. Gladiator I think gets lost in the shuffle. Juaquin Phoenix is a much better actor than the role he was asked to play. Those would probably be my top 3. It's a smallish movie for Tom Hanks but Road to Predition was probably one of the most beautifully shot/acted films there was. The attempts at humor were out of place and the "neat little package" conclusion was silly for Sam Mendes. No Country for Old Men was great for about 95% of the time. I didn't understand the ending. I kind of got the feeling that it was supposed to end a different way and the intrepid Coen Brothers deicided to go with the ambiguous ending. I thought The Figher with Whalberg was better than most movies. Christian Bale was in it as well as Ameican Hustle which I think was probably the best film I saw in a while. Any of these are well worth the price of admission.

One other movie. The Family Stone is a fantastic movie for the Holidays.

You guys are all listing hollywood shit flicks.

Terrible taste. No snobbery.

Forum List

Back