I Urge Israel To Take Out Iran's Nuke Plant. You?

Let's hear it for the destruction of radical Islam in all it's guises.

Very well. I've never expressed support for "radical Islam"...

Of course expressing support and giving unvoiced tacit support are two different things. :eusa_whistle:

Because that's part and parcel of being a Muslim, right? :rolleyes:

I'd familiarize myself with the religious views of my opponent before I dove headlong into accusing him of supporting radical Islam.

Of course expressing support and giving unvoiced tacit support are two different things. :eusa_whistle:

I'd familiarize myself with the religious views of my opponent before I dove headlong into accusing him of supporting radical Islam.

OK.
Kalam, do you support "radical Islam"? And how do you define "radical Islam"?

OK.

Support for the national Sovereignty of Islamic Republics.

/

No, see below.

More of a statement and question, not necessarily an accusation. However understand this, (I had this conversation with Sunniman), I am an infidel, therefore to many Islamists it is perfectly ok to lie to, cheat, steal from and kill me without it being considered a sin. You can tell me you are not one of those but I honestly have no way to tell if you are being truthful.

No, see below.

More of a statement and question, not necessarily an accusation. However understand this, (I had this conversation with Sunniman), I am an infidel, therefore to many Islamists it is perfectly ok to lie to, cheat, steal from and kill me without it being considered a sin. You can tell me you are not one of those but I honestly have no way to tell if you are being truthful.
Don't waste your time answering this person Kalam.

I once gave him a detailed answer using the Quran and Hadith concerning this exact same question.

He then said he still believed I was lying because Islam taught me to lie about everything.

OK.

No.

Radical Islam includes aggressive political ideologies that exploit the religious sensibilities of those brainwashed into following them. Radical Islam abides by the tenets of Islam selectively, conveniently ignoring Qur'anic injunctions that forbid aggression or claiming that they "don't apply" with faulty theological arguments.

It's a no brainer. Self defense. Whena leader publicly decalres a desire to kill you and then is as close to nuke weapons as Iran is...bah!
:cuckoo:
If Israel were stopped at a stop sign and Iran walked over the crosswalk and gave Israel the finger, should Israel try to run Iran over?

No, see below.

Don't waste your time answering this person Kalam.

I once gave him a detailed answer using the Quran and Hadith concerning this exact same question.

He then said he still believed I was lying because Islam taught me to lie about everything.

Now you are lying, that is not what I said and you know it. I specifically said some believe it is ok, and asked how I could believe you were not one of them. I did not say Islam taught you to lie about everything, so you are doing nothing but putting words in my mouth. I also indicated how main-stream Islamists can mitigate this problem but niether one of you cared to respond.

OK.

No.

Radical Islam includes aggressive political ideologies that exploit the religious sensibilities of those brainwashed into following them. Radical Islam abides by the tenets of Islam selectively, conveniently ignoring Qur'anic injunctions that forbid aggression or claiming that they "don't apply" with faulty theological arguments.

Hokey. I can live with that.

No, see below.

It's your call. If you decide to believe that "Kalam" is a meticulously maintained alter-ego that I use to propagate radical Islam, there's not much I can do to stop you.

I also indicated how main-stream Islamists can mitigate this problem but niether one of you cared to respond.

Mitigate what problem?

Islam doesn't have a problem.

Just people like you have a problem with Islam.

Heck, we really don't care about you are your problem :eusa_angel:

Islam and Islamists don't have a problem???!!!! Then why do so many distrust, fear and hate Islam and Islamists??????????

Once again putting words in my mouth. I never said I had a problem with islam only some Islamists and the more you sidestep, redirect and evade the more suspicious and doubtful you make others of your intentions. But obviously you are to stupid to see that.

You have no desire to show the west that Islam is not a threat? You can't be for real.
And no, quoting idiological theology is not responding to or dealing with actual, practiced theology.

Israel did our dirty work in '82 when they bombed Iraq, got no problem with them taking out Iran's nukes, especially when the current pussy sitting in the White House has no clue what he's doing.

More concerned about Al Qaeda though, and Obama's lack of a plan for dealing with them and Afghanistan.

No, see below.

It's your call. If you decide to believe that "Kalam" is a meticulously maintained alter-ego that I use to propagate radical Islam, there's not much I can do to stop you.

Once again, I have indicated a conundrum and asked a specific question, which both you and Sunni Man keep avoiding. Help me out here.

How do you get realistic figures on public opinion in a repressive police state theocracy?

I'm not sure. You should look into the methodology of organizations that conduct public opinion research in Israel.

How would that tell me anything? There is dissent in Israel.
As you'll recall, there is dissent in Iran as well.

iran-protests.jpg

As with Israel, Iranian police opening fire during protests is not unheard of. Both countries are still repressive and theocratic.

There are free elections in Israel. There is voting by minorities in Israel.
Minority entitlement to rights only applies in Israel if the country's "Jewish character" isn't threatened. Non-Jews are routinely discriminated against, Arab Muslims worst of all. Because they (typically) don't serve in the IDF, Israel is able to discriminate against Arab Muslims indirectly by extending a heap of benefits to its veterans - virtually every non-Arab Muslim member of the population.

See "institutional, legal, and societal discrimination against the country's Arab citizens."

Israel and the occupied territories

Once again, I have indicated a conundrum and asked a specific question, which both you and Sunni Man keep avoiding. Help me out here.

Dude, these guys' thoughts originate in their tin foil turbans. Who gives a crap what they think?

Because not all Islamists hold to the radical beliefs of many others. And when those main-stream Islamists recognize the situation they have been placed in by the radicals then (hopefully) they will do something about it. Until then they will continue to live under the cloud of suspicion, hate and distrust by most in the west.

You said this:
More of a statement and question, not necessarily an accusation. However understand this, (I had this conversation with Sunniman), I am an infidel, therefore to many Islamists it is perfectly ok to lie to, cheat, steal from and kill me without it being considered a sin. You can tell me you are not one of those but I honestly have no way to tell if you are being truthful.​

I responded to you directly here:
It's your call. If you decide to believe that "Kalam" is a meticulously maintained alter-ego that I use to propagate radical Islam, there's not much I can do to stop you.​

I'm not sure what it is you want me to do... :confused:

Forum List

Back