I Urge Israel To Take Out Iran's Nuke Plant. You?

Anyone recall this from earlier this yeart?
IAF airstrike in Sudan hit convoy of weapons destined for Gaza
By Yossi Melman, Amos Harel and Barak Ravid, Haaretz Correspondents, and News Agencies
Tags: IDF, Israel News, Hamas, Gaza

The Israel Air Force carried out an attack last January against a convoy of trucks in Sudan carrying arms for Hamas in the Gaza Strip, according to the American network CBS.

According to the report, 39 people riding in 17 trucks were killed, while civilians in the area suffered injuries.
IAF airstrike in Sudan hit convoy of weapons destined for Gaza - Haaretz - Israel News

Israel seems to have a decent range.

And, BHO has stated over an over that the USA will not interfere with Israel's right to protect herself.

The people support the nuclear facilities as much as the government does. Unwarranted opposition to their power facilities from the West and Israel has turned the existence of those facilities into a matter of national pride.
I sincerely doubt that the people of Iran support nuclear weapon development, though.

Probably not. American foreign policy where Israel is concerned has been exceptionally imprudent. Apart from Obama's hollow condemnations of expansionism in the West Bank, there seems to be little indication of that changing.

Good!

Let's hear it for ethnoreligious discrimination and humanitarian crises.

I'm glad you're for that because the Arab world is exactly in that camp. Nowhere will you find discrimination that would be intolerable in any other part of the world than in the Arab world. Nowhere will you find humanitarian crises fomented by gov'ts more than in the Arab world.

The people support the nuclear facilities as much as the government does.
How would we know what the people of Iran support?

Support for nuclear enrichment capacity is at ~90%...

Nuclear weapons are another story. Then again, considering the issuance of Ayatollah Khomeini's "fatwa" against nuclear weapons, I'm not sure that the ruling regime fully supports them either.

Iranian Public Ready to Deal on Nuclear Weapons, But Not Uranium Enrichment - World Public Opinion

The people support the nuclear facilities as much as the government does. Unwarranted opposition to their power facilities from the West and Israel has turned the existence of those facilities into a matter of national pride.
I sincerely doubt that the people of Iran support nuclear weapon development, though.

You're right - see above. ;)

The people support the nuclear facilities as much as the government does.
How would we know what the people of Iran support?

Nuclear weapons are another story. Then again, considering the issuance of Ayatollah Khomeini's "fatwa" against nuclear weapons, I'm not sure that the ruling regime fully supports them either.

Iranian Public Ready to Deal on Nuclear Weapons, But Not Uranium Enrichment - World Public Opinion
:rolleyes: Of course the people are in favor of enrichment for nuclear fuel (LEU). The world does not deny Iran that ability at all and your poll indicates as much.

However, Iran's operations are for enrichment of HEU, where there is no rational need for such abilities unless one desires weapons. Iran's facilities are for HEU production at weapons capacity.

Last edited:

Nuclear weapons are another story.
And we are talking, weapons.
The discussion is about bombing the nuclear facilities regardless of whether they're actually being used to develop weapons. As you can see, approximately 90% of Iranians would oppose that.
90% voted how they believe they were supposed to. The other 10% better hope they're not identified.

How do you get realistic figures on public opinion in a repressive police state theocracy?

I'm not sure. You should look into the methodology of organizations that conduct public opinion research in Israel.

How do you get realistic figures on public opinion in a repressive police state theocracy?

I'm not sure. You should look into the methodology of organizations that conduct public opinion research in Israel.

How would that tell me anything? There is dissent in Israel. There are free elections in Israel. There is voting by minorities in Israel.
How many Bahai occupy positions of power in Iran?

And we are talking, weapons.
The discussion is about bombing the nuclear facilities regardless of whether they're actually being used to develop weapons. As you can see, approximately 90% of Iranians would oppose that.
90% voted how they believe they were supposed to. The other 10% better hope they're not identified.

The suggestion that the government has any idea who voted for what - or that it even cares about the results of this survey - is ridiculous. Unless you have evidence that shows what you've said to be true, we can safely assume that it's incorrect and that the survey accurately reflects Iranian public opinion.

Forum List

Back