I Urge Israel To Take Out Iran's Nuke Plant. You?

Israel has a right to exist, but if it nukes Iran, it won't exist thereafter. Israel is the geographic size of New Jersey and is surrounded by hostile nations. It wouldn't stand a chance of surviving retaliation.

did i miss something? i didn't see any suggestion that Israel nuke Iran. The suggestion was that Israel take out Iran's nuclear capability.

And you presume that the moderate Arab states would be troubled by Iran being de-nuked. I think that's a leap.
Yep. It's a leap:
SAUDIS WILL LET ISRAEL BOMB IRAN NUCLEAR SITE

Sunday September 27,2009
By Gordon Thomas and Camilla Tominey

INTELLIGENCE chief Sir John Scarlett has been told that Saudi Arabia is ready to allow Israel to bomb Iran’s new nuclear site.
Daily Express | UK News :: Saudis will let Israel bomb Iran nuclear site

Israel would have to fly over Iraq airspace to reach Iran.
Actually, there's a couple of other routes they could use. None of them, including flying over Iraq, appear practical however.

The question is, would the Israelis ask permission or just go, hoping the US doesn't shoot them down for violating the airspace.

If the US doesn't shoot them down, is that permission?
There is NO way Israel won't inform the US about an impending attack on Iran.

Or fly over Iraqi airspace without consulting our government first.
Really?

What about Jordan? Or Syria? A direct route to Iraq would require a flyover of one of those countries as well. They gonna ask permission? I think not.

If they do it they will just do it, no asking permission, anything like that. Because one of the problems is Iranian air defenses, who WILL be alerted by either Syria or Jordan. So they will try to cross those "on the deck" to avoid detection. Then take their chances with Iraqi airspace, where they can't fly undetected.

Last edited:
answer me honestly.

do the arab states benefit from a nuclear iran that can shoot missiles at them?

im basically asking whats worse the u.s. and or israel attacking iran and stopping them from getting a nuclear program that threatens not only israel but saudi arabia, jordan egypt , their arab neighbors, or iran getting nukes

The United States controls that airspace.

If we let Israel fly over it to attack Iran

We will be considered as part of the attack on Iran by the entire world.

Israel would have to fly over Iraq airspace to reach Iran..

Israel was planning to use Georgia 's airfields to launch an attack on Iran. That is no longer an option:

"According to this report by veteran Washington Times correspondent Arnaud de Borchgrave, the close cooperation of the Israelis with the Georgian military in the run-up to President Saakashvili’s blitz of South Ossetia was predicated on a Georgian promise to let the Israelis use Georgia’s airfields to mount a strike against Iran."

Israel has a right to exist, but if it nukes Iran, it won't exist thereafter. Israel is the geographic size of New Jersey and is surrounded by hostile nations. It wouldn't stand a chance of surviving retaliation.

did i miss something? i didn't see any suggestion that Israel nuke Iran. The suggestion was that Israel take out Iran's nuclear capability.

And you presume that the moderate Arab states would be troubled by Iran being de-nuked. I think that's a leap.
Yep. It's a leap:

Sunday September 27,2009

INTELLIGENCE chief Sir John Scarlett has been told that Saudi Arabia is ready to allow Israel to bomb Iran’s new nuclear site.
A route over Saudi Arabia might not be within the capabilities of the Israeli jets without a refuel in transit.

answer me honestly.

do the arab states benefit from a nuclear iran that can shoot missiles at them?

im basically asking whats worse the u.s. and or israel attacking iran and stopping them from getting a nuclear program that threatens not only israel but saudi arabia, jordan egypt , their arab neighbors, or iran getting nukes

The United States controls that airspace.

If we let Israel fly over it to attack Iran

We will be considered as part of the attack on Iran by the entire world.
The US provides a nuclear umbrella over all of the countries you mentioned.

The Iranians are a highly educated nation and not wanting to committ national suicide by attacking Israel.

Yep. It's a leap:

Sunday September 27,2009

A route over Saudi Arabia might not be within the capabilities of the Israeli jets without a refuel in transit.
Maybe. It goes more to show that some important Arab states do not want a nuclear Iran, either.

Maybe. It goes more to show that some important Arab states do not want a nuclear Iran, either.
I suppose they could refuel over Arabia, with tankers. That would take a great deal of cooperation. It would also risk tipping their hand, by moving tankers into position prior to the attack.

I suppose they could land and refuel too. Would take a great deal of cooperation as well.

The people support the nuclear facilities as much as the government does. Unwarranted opposition to their power facilities from the West and Israel has turned the existence of those facilities into a matter of national pride.

Probably not. American foreign policy where Israel is concerned has been exceptionally imprudent. Apart from Obama's hollow condemnations of expansionism in the West Bank, there seems to be little indication of that changing.

Good!

Let's hear it for ethnoreligious discrimination and humanitarian crises.

Let's hear it for the destruction of radical Islam in all it's guises.

Forum List

Back