I understand now -- It's NOT a tax!

Feb 28, 2009
When they penalize us 15% of our income for not buying an approved health insurance policy, it's not a tax.

Although they will use the IRS to enforce this, and this penalty will show up on our tax bill, it's not a tax.

It's simply money the government takes from us, and keeps.

See? Not a tax! I get it!

When they penalize us 15% of our income for not buying an approved health insurance policy, it's not a tax.

Although they will use the IRS to enforce this, and this penalty will show up on our tax bill, it's not a tax.

Indeed. THis is behaviour modification in the form of TAXATION.

Our very leaders that we elect front shit like this...

Ensign receives handwritten confirmation

Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) received a handwritten note Thursday from Joint Committee on Taxation Chief of Staff Tom Barthold confirming the penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee for not buying health insurance.
Violators could be charged with a misdemeanor and could face up to a year in jail or a $25,000 penalty, Barthold wrote on JCT letterhead. He signed it "Sincerely, Thomas A. Barthold."

Enough Said. Are you angry yet? You should be.

Ya, It's sort of like a fee that you must pay for the common good. I don't mind at all. I mean really, what's 15%. Let's see, .15 times .... Holy shit.

The government can take their forced healthcare Marxist loving plan and shove it. I will not be forced. Screw' em.

You don't speak Newspeak too well, do you? I don't either. I think some re-education summer camp is in order.

Unless the people get their way, it will be forthcoming.

It wouldn't surprise me. I really do think the Government themselves are going to leave but ONE option for the people to RID themselves of what vexxes them of their Liberties...

But then they will call for Martial LAW. [But it will be too late]. And they will have no one to blame but themselves ultimately for saying one thing to get elected, and doing another to Control those that gave them the power in the first place.

I hope it doesn't come to this scenario. But it is plausible.

No no no ... you still got it wrong, it's an involuntary donation to the government. :razz:

No no no ... you still got it wrong, it's an involuntary donation to the government. :razz:

I was told it was a required voluntary donation.

Sorry, it's true and he has such a large majority in House and Senate that he can pass anything he wants whenever he wants.

Sorry, it's true and he has such a large majority in House and Senate that he can pass anything he wants whenever he wants.

Uh-Huh...but we are still hearing that the REPUBLICANS are standing in their WAY".

Before the Summer activities we have witnessed, The Democrats told us this was all contrived [astroturf], and we were all Nazi's for putting up resistence to what they wanted to do...

But still, but yet? They didn't pass it before August when his Lowness, Barack Hussein Obama said ..."this MUST pass before the August Recess"

If that were so? Why wasn't it passed?

Who was to stop them?

Ponder...

In New York It's commonly called a Surcharge. See Government did learn from the Mob.

surcharge Also found in: Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia 0.07 sec.

sur·charge (sûrchärj)
n.
1. An additional sum added to the usual amount or cost.
2. An overcharge, especially when unlawful.
3. An additional or excessive burden; an overload.
a. A new value or denomination overprinted on a postage or revenue stamp.
b. The stamp to which a new value has been applied.
5. Law The act of surcharging.
tr.v. sur·charged, sur·charg·ing, sur·charg·es
1. To charge (a person) an additional sum.
2. To overcharge (a person).
3. To place an excessive burden on; overload.
4. To fill beyond usual capacity; overfill.
5. To print a surcharge on (a postage or revenue stamp).
6. Law To show an omission of a credit in (an account).
7. To require (a person) to reimburse funds spent without authorization.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Middle English, from surchargen, to overtax, from Old French surcharger : sur-, sur- + chargier, to charge; see charge.]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
surcharge
Noun
1. a charge in addition to the usual payment or tax
2. an excessive sum charged, often unlawfully
Verb
[-charging, -charged]
1. to charge (someone) an additional sum or tax
2. to overcharge (someone) for something
Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
Noun 1. surcharge - an additional charge (as for items previously omitted or as a penalty for failure to exercise common caution or common skill)
charge - the price charged for some article or service; "the admission charge"
single supplement - a surcharge added to the cost per person when traveling alone
Verb 1. surcharge - charge an extra fee, as for a special service
bill, charge - demand payment; "Will I get charged for this service?"; "We were billed for 4 nights in the hotel, although we stayed only 3 nights"
2. surcharge - rip off; ask an unreasonable price
fleece, gazump, overcharge, plume, rob, soak, hook, pluck
extort, gouge, wring, rack, squeeze - obtain by coercion or intimidation; "They extorted money from the executive by threatening to reveal his past to the company boss"; "They squeezed money from the owner of the business by threatening him"
cheat, rip off, chisel - deprive somebody of something by deceit; "The con-man beat me out of $50"; "This salesman ripped us off!"; "we were cheated by their clever-sounding scheme"; "They chiseled me out of my money"
3. surcharge - fill to capacity with people; "The air raids had surcharged the emergency wards"
overcrowd - cause to crowd together too much; "The students overcrowded the cafeteria"
4. surcharge - print a new denomination on a stamp or a banknote
overprint, print over - print (additional text or colors) onto an already imprinted paper
5. surcharge - fill to an excessive degree; "The air was surcharged with tension"
fill, fill up, make full - make full, also in a metaphorical sense; "fill a container"; "fill the child with pride"
6. surcharge - place too much a load on; "don't overload the car"
overcharge, overload
load, load up, lade, laden - fill or place a load on; "load a car"; "load the truck with hay"
7. surcharge - show an omission in (an account) for which credit ought to have been given
show - give evidence of, as of records; "The diary shows his distress that evening"

surcharge - definition of surcharge by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Ya'll don't understand. Ya'll better wise the fuck up.

WE understand better than you think we do.:eusa_drool:
If you think this is a tax you simply don't understand.

Just like when Obama said he would go through the budget line by line with a scalpel? We didn't understand the definition of a scalpel. This is why he didn't know ACORN was getting any tax monies.

Obama's a PhD.... how dare we stick to dictionary definitions when dealing with someone who is intellectually so far ahead of us. Didn't you see him chide George Stephanopoulos about that?

He said it's not a tax, so it's not a tax. It's simply money the government takes from you, then keeps.

Get it through your thick skulls!

Ya'll don't understand. Ya'll better wise the fuck up.

WE understand better than you think we do.:eusa_drool:
If you think this is a tax you simply don't understand.

Just like when Obama said he would go through the budget line by line with a scalpel? We didn't understand the definition of a scalpel. This is why he didn't know ACORN was getting any tax monies.

Obama's a PhD.... how dare we stick to dictionary definitions when dealing with someone who is intellectually so far ahead of us. Didn't you see him chide George Stephanopoulos about that?

He said it's not a tax, so it's not a tax. It's simply money the government takes from you, then keeps.

Get it through your thick skulls!
With ME my friend? You're preaching to the Choir. I understand the distinction.

Forum List

Back