I took that 6-1 bet

Feb 28, 2009
I just put $10 grand on Mine That Bird to WIN the Preakness today. The Kentucky Derby winner is up at 6-1, which means my payoff when he wins is $60,000.

First-ever gamble on any horse, ever.

Anyone else getting into this action?

Do you lose all your money if Mind That Bird doesn't win?

I have no clue how horse race betting works.

Anyway, good luck.

Do you lose all your money if Mind That Bird doesn't win?

I have no clue how horse race betting works.

Anyway, good luck.
Yes. If #2 does not win, I lose the $10K

Isn't it exciting?
Man, you have some guts.

With that kind of money on the line your adrenaline has to really be going.
"If you have a hunch, bet a bunch" is the mantra.

This is live on NBC if you wanna watch,my horse is #2

Came in 2nd.... Came from the back of the pack again but lost by 3/4 of a length... Needed about a furlong more to win.....

There went 10 Grand...

Came in 2nd.... Came from the back of the pack again but lost by 3/4 of a length... Needed about a furlong more to win.....

There went 10 Grand...
LOL easy come, easy go
When they rounded the corner and my horse turned the jets on, and passed 11 horses in just a few seconds, I thought lightning was striking again... Just ran outta track.....

There went 10 Grand...
Well, I thanked you ten times and increased your rep, so I hope that softens the blow a little bit.

Hmm, maybe I should thank you 10,000 times . . .

There went 10 Grand...
Well, I thanked you ten times and increased your rep, so I hope that softens the blow a little bit.

Only one thanks counts but, it's actually the thought that counts.

You'll no doubt find out I'm hated by all Libs here simply because I CAN put 10 grand on a horse just for the fun of it, they hate all "rich" folks like me...

This almost cancels out the $15K I earned in short stocks a couple months ago.... So my income for the year stays below the poverty line!

There went 10 Grand...

You'll no doubt find out I'm hated by all Libs here simply because I CAN put 10 grand on a horse just for the fun of it, they hate all "rich" folks like me...

This almost cancels out the $15K I earned in short stocks a couple months ago.... So my income for the year stays below the poverty line!
Yes, liberals do despise success as it invalidates their world view of capitalism = depression.

Anyway, are you going to bet on the Belmont, too?

Yes, liberals do despise success as it invalidates their world view of capitalism = depression.

Anyway, are you going to bet on the Belmont, too?
If Mine That Bird runs and if the odds are good, definitely.

There went 10 Grand...

Met a guy today who was betting on the thunderstorms, after I told him that there was a 50% chance of that.... LOL

Forum List

Back