I Told You So! BP PR Ad-$20 billion kitty.

Just watch who controls the money, where it goes, how long it takes to get there, how much gets skimmed off as salary to handlers, consultant fees, maybe even a new Czar and staff ... things like that.

Twenty billion dollars can buy a lot of votes.

Indeed. Let's see how much ends up in the rebranded ACORN network for "job counselling" efforts among the those who make less than $24K per year (Obama's last bastion of support) right before the election.

gawd almighty...you guys need to grow up....sheesh, beyond silly boe! :cuckoo:

Beyond Silly is a great starting definition for politicians. :lol:

Del, I have never said Obama FORCED them to do this nor that obama was FASCIST in doing so....but the right wing was stuck on this.....and some like Chris on the left were.

As far as Obama's job....McCain/Palin.... would have been NO BETTER imho....Hillary, is another story....she could have been better than the 2 choices on election day.

What do you call it when the Attorney General starts a criminal investigation, and then sits in on the negotiating session on the escrow fund topic?
I don't think I would be comfortable with it, if it were true or what would be behind him doing such?

Is the Attorney General representing the people that were harmed?

No, Holder is not representing the people who were harmed. Holder attended for the purpose of Kabuki Theater last Wednesday.

Given his role in overseeing a Criminal Investigation of BP, what purpose other than to intimidate BP during a negotiation for what are essentially prepaid civil damages does his presence serve?

When the President and Vice President went into the meeting, they were joined by Secretaries Napolitano, Salazar, Chu, Locke, and Solis as well as Attorney General Holder, Rahm Emanuel, Valerie Jarrett, and Tracy Wareing, Counselor to Secretary Napolitano and coordinator for claims oversight," the White House said in a statement.

BP Executives Finally Meet with President Obama, Make $20 Billion Escrow Account Agreement Row 2, Seat 4

There were plenty of Cabinet Level staff with direct oversight of clean up and recovery efforts. The only reason for Holder to be there was to provide a visible reminder of the big club of criminal prosecution.

Last edited:
Indeed. Let's see how much ends up in the rebranded ACORN network for "job counselling" efforts among the those who make less than $24K per year (Obama's last bastion of support) right before the election.

gawd almighty...you guys need to grow up....sheesh, beyond silly boe! :cuckoo:

Beyond Silly is a great starting definition for politicians. :lol:

Well, with THAT, we can agree, there is no impartiality!

Del, I have never said Obama FORCED them to do this nor that obama was FASCIST in doing so....but the right wing was stuck on this.....and some like Chris on the left were.

As far as Obama's job....McCain/Palin.... would have been NO BETTER imho....Hillary, is another story....she could have been better than the 2 choices on election day.

What do you call it when the Attorney General starts a criminal investigation, and then sits in on the negotiating session on the escrow fund topic?

It's called "prosecutorial discretion"

Well, others have been complaining that BP had to put 20 billion in the kitty for those that have been hurt through their negligence...

I posted at least twice on the various threads on this, that Obama DID NOT FORCE BP to put this money in the kitty....that this was probably BP's PR idea in the first place....

And low and behold, last night, less than a week from Obama's statement of the BP 20 billion kitty....

I see, a BP ad on tv...with a black man talking all about BP putting this money in the kitty to HELP YOU, of the gulf region, through this unfortunate situation....that THEY ARE THERE FOR YOU....

this was ALL BP'S idea, and for PR purposes....

NO ONE FORCED bp to do this with Obama....as republicans are crying a river about....

this was what BP's PR team TOLD them to do...and NOW, just 5 days later they have an entire ad campaign running, that uses this for their benefit.

It takes much longer than 5 days to create an ad for television...I was in the marketing business so I know this as FACT.....

This means that BP had been working on this ad quite a bit, BEFORE Obama's announcement on this....it means it was BP's idea and that no one at BP was FORCED to do such.

Exactly as I said all along. It was BP's Idea. Obama simply was trying to steal credit for it when he acted like a bully and demanded it. He wants People to think he demanded and got it. That simple, and pathetic.

Well, others have been complaining that BP had to put 20 billion in the kitty for those that have been hurt through their negligence...

I posted at least twice on the various threads on this, that Obama DID NOT FORCE BP to put this money in the kitty....that this was probably BP's PR idea in the first place....

And low and behold, last night, less than a week from Obama's statement of the BP 20 billion kitty....

I see, a BP ad on tv...with a black man talking all about BP putting this money in the kitty to HELP YOU, of the gulf region, through this unfortunate situation....that THEY ARE THERE FOR YOU....

this was ALL BP'S idea, and for PR purposes....

NO ONE FORCED bp to do this with Obama....as republicans are crying a river about....

this was what BP's PR team TOLD them to do...and NOW, just 5 days later they have an entire ad campaign running, that uses this for their benefit.

It takes much longer than 5 days to create an ad for television...I was in the marketing business so I know this as FACT.....

This means that BP had been working on this ad quite a bit, BEFORE Obama's announcement on this....it means it was BP's idea and that no one at BP was FORCED to do such.

Exactly as I said all along. It was BP's Idea. Obama simply was trying to steal credit for it when he acted like a bully and demanded it. He wants People to think he demanded and got it. That simple, and pathetic.

And the cons were conned by their own representatives into thinking it was a "shakedown". Those conservative dupes will believe anything liars like Gingrich tell them
:rofl:

Forum List

Back