CDZ I Told You...Democrats Want To Outlaw AC and Refrigeration In The United States

Makes perfect sense to me. What's your problem with replacing the HFC's if they are screwing with the atmosphere?
The problem is we've already replaced most of them. Why is he bringing it up now?
Because Obama plans on totally ending the use of refrigerants in America within a set number of years.
HFCs were already scheduled to be phased out back in 2010. R-22 was replaced by other refrigerants and all commercial air-conditioning systems now use 410a which operates at much higher pressures, thus causes more leaks than R-22. A 30lb can of R-22 went from $30 to $600 since Obama took office rendering it unaffordable.....and added cost to homeowners who still have systems that operate off of R-22. Eventually they'll tell you that your system can't be serviced and has to be replaced.

Our cars run off of R-134a which will soon be phased out as well. Cars run at much higher temperatures and using 410a would be highly problematic. So, forget about having AC in your car.

Links
1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Montreal Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
R-410A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you read the OP?

Kerry is arguing for the rest of the world to adopt the standards the US has, not trying to "outlaw air conditioning".

You guys get more ridiculous by the day.
He's wasting his time. Most countries don't even have air-conditioning. Which means we're the only country that will have to get rid of it. It's really not feasible, because most of Europe never gets as hot as the US. They really have no need for HVAC systems. Most German homes are made with stone, not wood, so they're better insulated. I can't speak for Italy, Greece, or most of the others.

Last edited:
He's wasting his time. Most countries don't even have air-conditioning. Which means we're the only country that will have to get rid of it. It's really not feasible, because most of Europe never gets as hot as the US. They really have no need for HVAC systems. Most German homes are made with stone, not wood, so they're better insulated. I can't speak for Italy, Greece, or most of the others.

I say we run a test program for this starting with the White House, the Capital Building and all government offices. If nothing else it will save us some tax dollars.

Forum List

Back