CDZ I Told You...Democrats Want To Outlaw AC and Refrigeration In The United States

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
This is one of the things I've been telling everyone for years. Democrats were using the EPA to jack up the price of refrigerants on purpose and now John Kerry is in Austria talking about eliminating air-conditioning and refrigeration to save the planet, comparing them to ISIS.

730x420-33b18e6044564da8b7b56bd3587245c4.jpg

Kerry: Refrigerator chemicals are just as bad as ISIS
By John Siciliano • 7/22/16 2:49 PM

Air conditioners and refrigerators pose as big a threat to "life on the planet" as the threat of terrorism, Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday.

Kerry was in Vienna negotiating a global climate deal to phase out chemicals used as refrigerants in basic household and commercial appliances such as air conditioning and refrigerators, called hydrofluorocarbons, or HFCs. The chemicals are a potent source of greenhouse gas emissions that many scientists blame for contributing to global warming.

Kerry made the remarks as part of a pep talk for negotiators working through the weekend to amend a 1987 treaty called the Montreal Protocol to deal with the chemicals.

"Yesterday, I met in Washington with 45 nations — defense ministers and foreign ministers — as we were working together on the challenge of [the Islamic State], and terrorism," he said. "It's hard for some people to grasp it, but what we — you — are doing here right now is of equal importance because it has the ability to literally save life on the planet itself."

Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Gina McCarthy is one of the U.S.'s lead negotiators in the discussions in Vienna. She said Thursday that one of her goals is to move the HFC agreement into force by the end of the year.

The global deal would match new EPA regulations to ban HFCs in the United States and promote alternative chemicals for use in appliances.

The EPA's rules, together with the negotiations in Vienna, are part of the president's climate agenda for his final year in office.

Kerry: Refrigerator chemicals are just as bad as ISIS

Makes perfect sense to me. What's your problem with replacing the HFC's if they are screwing with the atmosphere?

The global deal would match new EPA regulations to ban HFCs in the United States and promote alternative chemicals for use in appliances.

If there is a better alternative to build these appliances and works just as good, I am all for that. These appliances may be leaking crap into our homes as well I would think...

If Kerry wants to fight poisons in the air, try looking into the crap being put into our hardware floors, and other products that they found to be 1000 times over the limits of acceptable toxins. coming from China giving people cancer and illness.

Makes perfect sense to me. What's your problem with replacing the HFC's if they are screwing with the atmosphere?
The problem is we've already replaced most of them. Why is he bringing it up now?
Because Obama plans on totally ending the use of refrigerants in America within a set number of years.
HFCs were already scheduled to be phased out back in 2010. R-22 was replaced by other refrigerants and all commercial air-conditioning systems now use 410a which operates at much higher pressures, thus causes more leaks than R-22. A 30lb can of R-22 went from $30 to $600 since Obama took office rendering it unaffordable.....and added cost to homeowners who still have systems that operate off of R-22. Eventually they'll tell you that your system can't be serviced and has to be replaced.

Our cars run off of R-134a which will soon be phased out as well. Cars run at much higher temperatures and using 410a would be highly problematic. So, forget about having AC in your car.

Links
1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Montreal Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
R-410A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The problem is we've already replaced most of them. Why is he bringing it up now?
Because Obama plans on totally ending the use of refrigerants in America within a set number of years.
HFCs were already scheduled to be phased out back in 2010. R-22 was replaced by other refrigerants and all commercial air-conditioning systems now use 410a which operates at much higher pressures, thus causes more leaks than R-22. A 30lb can of R-22 went from $30 to $600 since Obama took office rendering it unaffordable.....and added cost to homeowners who still have systems that operate off of R-22. Eventually they'll tell you that your system can't be serviced and has to be replaced.

Our cars run off of R-134a which will soon be phased out as well. Cars run at much higher temperatures and using 410a would be highly problematic. So, forget about having AC in your car.

Links
I don't use my AC, I use windows rolled down..No need to get cool in a car and have to get out and work in the heat..

Links
I don't use my AC, I use windows rolled down..No need to get cool in a car and have to get out and work in the heat..
Congrats. In the South that just doesn't hack it.

But as usual.....a liberal always thinks about what effects them only when Democrats are trying screw others.

Last edited:

Environmental impacts are beyond the intellectual capacity of conservatives

w/o proper AC, old people die

the poor suffer b/c they can't afford to get it or turn it on

it's called thinking ahead, try it, before your suffering in the summer time.
Are you just assuming the replacements will be more expensive? What is it we should "try?"
I was one of those "poor" who couldn't afford A.C. in my apartment or my car all the years I lived in Connecticut and it was miserable in the summer, yes. I sometimes went into stores and pretended to shop just to cool off, or splurged on the $2 rerun movie theater -- who cared what was playing. I even got good at removing my pantyhose while driving home from work.

Yeah.....right.

We're all too stoopid to figure out Obama is trying to send America back to the 1940s.

Links
Windows rolled down works, but I have long wished for screens. I HATE bees in the car.

Links
Windows rolled down works, but I have long wished for screens. I HATE bees in the car.
It's the flies that bug me, and the spiders that follow, they build a web in the car at night...

Are you just assuming the replacements will be more expensive? What is it we should "try?"
I was one of those "poor" who couldn't afford A.C. in my apartment or my car all the years I lived in Connecticut and it was miserable in the summer, yes. I sometimes went into stores and pretended to shop just to cool off, or splurged on the $2 rerun movie theater -- who cared what was playing. I even got good at removing my pantyhose while driving home from work.
The problem with this is you won't have anyplace to go if these progressives have their way. There will be no store AC. The costs of food will skyrocket, because refrigeration will become too expensive. All of the increases will be passed onto us.

This is all designed to raise the costs of living for everyone in America. It won't do one thing to stop Global Warming because China and others won't be stupid enough to follow the rules.

If there is a better alternative to build these appliances and works just as good, I am all for that. These appliances may be leaking crap into our homes as well I would think...

If Kerry wants to fight poisons in the air, try looking into the crap being put into our hardware floors, and other products that they found to be 1000 times over the limits of acceptable toxins. coming from China giving people cancer and illness.

they don't care. the koch brothers paid them to hate the environment and their imbecile minions go along.

The problem with this is you won't have anyplace to go if these progressives have their way. There will be no store AC. The costs of food will skyrocket, because refrigeration will become too expensive. All of the increases will be passed onto us.

This is all designed to raise the costs of living for everyone in America. It won't do one thing to stop Global Warming because China and others won't be stupid enough to follow the rules.
we've already replaced most of them. Why is he bringing it up now?
HFCs were already scheduled to be phased out back in 2010. R-22 was replaced by other refrigerants and all commercial air-conditioning systems now use 410a ....

Seems to me you're arguing against your own doom and gloom here, Mudwhistle. You obviously know a lot about air conditioning and refrigeration, and it sounds like a lot of the older phased out technology is going to have to be replaced eventually; that always sucks. However, in your own words, it has mostly been accomplished without any apocalyptic problems. So far, I haven't heard of stores not being able to refrigerate food or of any outrageous leap in the cost of air conditioning for the home. So why is it supposed to happen now?
Did I miss something?

Yeah.....right.

We're all too stoopid to figure out Obama is trying to send America back to the 1940s.

Nobody will end refrigeration. Remember freon? It is disappearing. We will move to something without such a severe environmental footprint

You will survive

Still miss those incandescent light bulbs don't you?
damned Obama

Links
My old '76 pickup truck doesn't have AC. So about 20 years ago I made something like this and have it ride shotgun on really hot days.

So I take it you will responsibly recycle all your ac units or the central air system in your home and have the ac removed from your car by the end of the week and don't forget your refriferator

we've already replaced most of them. Why is he bringing it up now?
HFCs were already scheduled to be phased out back in 2010. R-22 was replaced by other refrigerants and all commercial air-conditioning systems now use 410a ....

Seems to me you're arguing against your own doom and gloom here, Mudwhistle. You obviously know a lot about air conditioning and refrigeration, and it sounds like a lot of the older phased out technology is going to have to be replaced eventually; that always sucks. However, in your own words, it has mostly been accomplished without any apocalyptic problems. So far, I haven't heard of stores not being able to refrigerate food or of any outrageous leap in the cost of air conditioning for the home. So why is it supposed to happen now?
Did I miss something?
Obviously. This is just another example of Progressive creep. They start out by taking away what works and suggesting a seemingly reasonable solution. "So just let us have this and we won't ask for more."

Later on there is always a surprise involved. "If you like your doctor......You can keep your doctor!!" *wink...wink*

The point I made was simple. This has already been done. What does Kerry want us to do now? As with their anti-gun laws, they start out asking for a ban on certain types of guns......but then somebody ends up proposing a total ban. But the only folks that end up not being able to have it is us, not them. The goal is to get rid of AC entirely for the masses. Period.

All of the EPA regulations that have been put into place to change HFCs laws has only resulted in more problems and more expense. That is the goal. It's not an accident.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back