I told my employer i'm not signing up

by "my fair share" you guys mean , health insurance that I don't need, inflated health insurance profits , and chronic welfare kings that the system hands free money to right?

you guys are saying there's money I owe for all that right?

Unfortunately, we will always have deadbeats, welfare cheats, child support deadbeats, and insurance deadbeats. I guess that all the self righteous indignation on the right about "personal responsibility", and getting ahead through hard work, etc., is all just hot air. I confess that I am a little surprised that the Right feels right at home next to a Chicago Welfare Queen.

Not true. Before, when I didn't have insurance, and ended up in the hospital, I got a bill, and I paid the bill.

Thanks to Obama, I no longer have to, but when I did have to.... I did.

You people on the left, don't seem to grasp that when you setup a system.... people take advantage of the system.

Doesn't matter if that person is left wing or right wing.

If you came to my home, and said "Androw... I've decided to offer you a car, and I'll pay the payments".

Does that change my views on working for what you have? No it does not. *I* did not offer the free car.

*YOU* offered the free car. You paying for my car, does not violate my views.

Now if I held the view that people should not accept free cars, and I accepted your free car.... then I would be violating my views.

You generally do not see me complaining about people taking advantage of welfare.

My problem is that we are offering welfare for people to take advantage of.

I don't fault people for taking whatever we the public are stupid enough to give out through the government.

I fault leftists and the public, for being so dumb as to give out all this money.

But if *YOU* are so dumb you want to pay for my food, my car, my health care, my home, my cell phone, my everything.... man I'll take it!

I'll take everything you are dumb enough to give me. I will too. You offer me your pay check for next month, I'll take every penny, sucks to be you. Your fault for being that stupid.

It doesn't violate my views for me to take advantage of the system you were dumb enough to create.

It would only violate it, if I supported that system. I never have, and never will, and I support repealing it even to this day.

I'll pay the price of you leaching off the system. My lifetime career was in health insurance. I was an underwriter. It was my job to tell people who had pre-existing conditions that they could not buy our insurance. I did it for 50 years, and dozens of people died because of what I had to do to keep my employer competitive, and in business. What I did for a living is now illegal, and I could not be happier. Nobody is employed at my old company getting photographs of children who were born with a hole in their heart, like I did, from grieving parents after that child has died. So, if you want to take advantage of our desire to save lives of the truly needy, then I am sure that you can rationalize it, without help from me. You are the one who has to shave the face that you see in the mirror in the morning, not me. As for me, I am diabetic, and if I wanted to take advantage of it, I can get a $250 pair of special shoes every year. I can get a free eye exam every year. When I had regular health insurance, I could get new glasses every year. But, I did not, and I do not, because I know that somebody has to pay for it, and I don't really need that stuff, so I have no problem shaving my face every morning.

Unfortunately, we will always have deadbeats, welfare cheats, child support deadbeats, and insurance deadbeats. I guess that all the self righteous indignation on the right about "personal responsibility", and getting ahead through hard work, etc., is all just hot air. I confess that I am a little surprised that the Right feels right at home next to a Chicago Welfare Queen.

Not true. Before, when I didn't have insurance, and ended up in the hospital, I got a bill, and I paid the bill.

You people on the left, don't seem to grasp that when you setup a system.... people take advantage of the system.

If you came to my home, and said "Androw... I've decided to offer you a car, and I'll pay the payments".

Does that change my views on working for what you have? No it does not. *I* did not offer the free car.

Now if I held the view that people should not accept free cars, and I accepted your free car.... then I would be violating my views.

You generally do not see me complaining about people taking advantage of welfare.

I don't fault people for taking whatever we the public are stupid enough to give out through the government.

I fault leftists and the public, for being so dumb as to give out all this money.

But if *YOU* are so dumb you want to pay for my food, my car, my health care, my home, my cell phone, my everything.... man I'll take it!

I'll take everything you are dumb enough to give me. I will too. You offer me your pay check for next month, I'll take every penny, sucks to be you. Your fault for being that stupid.

It doesn't violate my views for me to take advantage of the system you were dumb enough to create.

It would only violate it, if I supported that system. I never have, and never will, and I support repealing it even to this day.

I'll pay the price of you leaching off the system. My lifetime career was in health insurance. I was an underwriter. It was my job to tell people who had pre-existing conditions that they could not buy our insurance. I did it for 50 years, and dozens of people died because of what I had to do to keep my employer competitive, and in business. What I did for a living is now illegal, and I could not be happier. Nobody is employed at my old company getting photographs of children who were born with a hole in their heart, like I did, from grieving parents after that child has died. So, if you want to take advantage of our desire to save lives of the truly needy, then I am sure that you can rationalize it, without help from me. You are the one who has to shave the face that you see in the mirror in the morning, not me. As for me, I am diabetic, and if I wanted to take advantage of it, I can get a $250 pair of special shoes every year. I can get a free eye exam every year. When I had regular health insurance, I could get new glasses every year. But, I did not, and I do not, because I know that somebody has to pay for it, and I don't really need that stuff, so I have no problem shaving my face every morning.

First, I don't believe you. You say people died because they were denied insurance? Names, and locations. Citations please.

I did not have insurance either, and I went to the hospital. I got a bill. I paid the bill.

I don't know of any hospital that simply let's people die if they don't have insurance. Could have sworn it was illegal to turn away people at the ER.

As for the rest of your post.... welcome to reality. When you offer free stuff to people, they take it. Why is that so hard to grasp? You setup a system where I can sign up for insurance AFTER I am sick, and have all of you people pay for it.... whose fault is that? Mine? I was against it from the start.

That's your fault. Now you are bitching at me because I'm using the system you created?

In Hawaii they created a system where if your child wasn't covered by insurance, then you could apply for the state to provide health insurance for uninsured children.

Shockingly tens of thousands of parents canceled their insurance and applied for state fund child insurance.

What part of this concept is too hard for you people to grasp? Every time you setup a system where other people pay for an individuals anything, those individuals are going to change how they live, to get that free money.

That's how that works. Has been throughout all human history.

Obama lowered the requirements to get food stamps... suddenly millions more people are on food stamps. Well no duh.

Bush and later Obama, increased unemployment compensation benefits... suddenly millions more are on unemployment compensation instead of getting a job. Well no duh.

Obama Care says that I can refuse to have insurance, go years without it, and if I ever get sick, I can sign up for health insurance AFTER I'm sick, and you premium payers have no choice but to fund me.

And you think no one is going to do that? You want to complain that others are taking advantage?

I have no problem whatsoever taking advantage of the system YOU created. I have no problem shaving in the morning, because I'm not the one that pushed this bad policy. You did.

You pushed a bad policy, and now all of you are going to pay for it. That's divine irony in my book. If you feel good about screwing yourself and every other premium payer over... that's great. But remember this... I didn't setup this system. You did. Not me.

Leftists always try to shift blame for policy failures. Food shortages in Venezuela are not the fault of bad policies... no no it was those evil farmers. Try and blame everyone but the person who pushed the policy.

First, I don't believe you. You say people died because they were denied insurance? Names, and locations. Citations please.

I did not have insurance either, and I went to the hospital. I got a bill. I paid the bill.

I don't know of any hospital that simply let's people die if they don't have insurance. Could have sworn it was illegal to turn away people at the ER.

As for the rest of your post.... welcome to reality. When you offer free stuff to people, they take it. Why is that so hard to grasp? You setup a system where I can sign up for insurance AFTER I am sick, and have all of you people pay for it.... whose fault is that? Mine? I was against it from the start.

That's your fault. Now you are bitching at me because I'm using the system you created?

In Hawaii they created a system where if your child wasn't covered by insurance, then you could apply for the state to provide health insurance for uninsured children.

Shockingly tens of thousands of parents canceled their insurance and applied for state fund child insurance.

What part of this concept is too hard for you people to grasp? Every time you setup a system where other people pay for an individuals anything, those individuals are going to change how they live, to get that free money.

Obama lowered the requirements to get food stamps... suddenly millions more people are on food stamps. Well no duh.

Bush and later Obama, increased unemployment compensation benefits... suddenly millions more are on unemployment compensation instead of getting a job. Well no duh.

Obama Care says that I can refuse to have insurance, go years without it, and if I ever get sick, I can sign up for health insurance AFTER I'm sick, and you premium payers have no choice but to fund me.

And you think no one is going to do that? You want to complain that others are taking advantage?

I have no problem whatsoever taking advantage of the system YOU created. I have no problem shaving in the morning, because I'm not the one that pushed this bad policy. You did.

You pushed a bad policy, and now all of you are going to pay for it. That's divine irony in my book. If you feel good about screwing yourself and every other premium payer over... that's great. But remember this... I didn't setup this system. You did. Not me.

Leftists always try to shift blame for policy failures. Food shortages in Venezuela are not the fault of bad policies... no no it was those evil farmers. Try and blame everyone but the person who pushed the policy.

The fact that you don't believe me is not only not my problem, but will soon be YOUR problem. Hospitals and doctors do NOT have to treat you for free, other than to stabilize critically ill patients. Look it up for yourself. A lung transplant currently costs about $400,000. I would love to see you walk in to a hospital and write a check for that. If you need chemo, they are going to demand insurance information, or cash, before they start. The same is true for a bypass operation, open heart surgery, and virtually everything else you need from a doctor. What the hell makes you think that a doctor is going to do this for you for free? And, yes, people died because of my underwriting decisions. For 50 years, I turned critically ill people away. My ultimate answer to these people always came back to, "We are not a charitable institution. We do not have to insure you, and because of your health, we are not going to". I also worked for Charity Hospital in New Orleans before they were closed by Katrina, and my ultimate answer to uninsured people was the same. In spite of the name, which was derived from the fact that the hospital had been founded by the Sisters of Charity, if was NOT a charity operation. You need a kidney transplant? Show me your insurance card, or the color of your money. Otherwise take a walk.

Last edited:

The fact that you don't believe me is not only not my problem, but will soon be YOUR problem. Hospitals and doctors do NOT have to treat you for free, other than to stabilize critically ill patients. Look it up for yourself. A lung transplant currently costs about $400,000. I would love to see you walk in to a hospital and write a check for that. If you need chemo, they are going to demand insurance information, or cash, before they start. The same is true for a bypass operation, open heart surgery, and virtually everything else you need from a doctor. What the hell makes you think that a doctor is going to do this for you for free? And, yes, people died because of my underwriting decisions. For 50 years, I turned critically ill people away. My ultimate answer to these people always came back to, "We are not a charitable institution. We do not have to insure you, and because of your health, we are not going to". I also worked for Charity Hospital in New Orleans before they were closed by Katrina, and my ultimate answer to uninsured people was the same. In spite of the name, which was derived from the fact that the hospital had been founded by the Sisters of Charity, if was NOT a charity operation. You need a kidney transplant? Show me your insurance card, or the color of your money. Otherwise take a walk.

Great. Then you should easily supply us with a list of names and locations, of all the people you killed.

By the way.... by any measurement taken, you have a higher chance of getting a transplant in the US, than any other 1st world country.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Health/Transplants/Kidney-per-million

Kidney transplants per capita. Top of the list, Austria with 48.

Want to know how many the US does per capita?
http://www.kidneylink.org/Statistics.aspx
Year 2000, 14,600 transplants, 282 Million population. 51.
Year 2005, 17,500 transplants, 295 Million population. 59.

Need a kidney transplant, you have a better chance here than anywhere else.

But wait.... over in most of those countries, health care is 'free'.... right? And according to you the only reason they didn't get a transplant is because they couldn't afford it.... right?

Problem is, government doesn't have unlimited money either. The reason their transplant numbers are lower in other countries, is because they simply don't give the transplant.

People don't work for free. Equipment and treatment isn't free. Whether government pays for health care, or individuals pay for health care, either way someone has to pay for the health care.

Under our system, the more people have access to the care.

Under their system... you just sit on a waiting list until you die. The government has a limited amount of money, and therefore, it can only provide a limited amount of care.

That's exactly what the whole VA scandal is about. Government doesn't have unlimited money to provide unlimited care to Veterans. So.... they put Vets on waiting lists. When people started complaining about the waiting lists being too long... they just cut people from the list.

Well why didn't they just pay for all the care? They can't. Government doesn't have the money.

When people pay for their own care, more people can get more care. When government does it, fewer people get less care. That's how that has worked throughout all human history. The soviet union is gone, following that plan.

Last edited:

Great. Then you should easily supply us with a list of names and locations, of all the people you killed.

Not only would that be in violation of a federal law, HIPPA, but I don't have any idea of the names of the thousands of people that I turned away from 1966 to 2005, and you know it. Why in hell do you thin k that ACA made underwriting illegal, if it wasn't causing people to be denied for insurance? What in the world do you think all the controversy is about? Before this thread, I would have sworn that nobody could be so misinformed as you turned out to be about US medical care. Why do you think that doctors offices and hospitals require admittance paperwork, including insurance information, before you are allowed to see the doc or be admitted to the hospital. Why would you think that I would tell you something like this, if I have not spent 50 years doing it?

You simply can not be this naïve about health care.

Oh, please, not that old hackneyed waiting list and death panel crap, again. Every person in the USA who is over 65 years old has Medicare, and there is no problem for any of us to get whatever care we need under the plan, including me, and I have had 3 operations in the last year and a half.

I'm out of this frustrating conversation. It is on the same level as when my 3 year old daughter would try to argue with me about the virtues of her being allowed to not have to go to bed until she felt like doing it.

Last edited:
Huh? Who has their health care paid for? Where is that deal? Are you talking about government employees or something?

Because out here in the real world, I haven't met an employer yet that entirely paid for health care. The plan where I work is over $500 a month. I got that fixed. I canceled insurance, and when I get sick, I'll apply for insurance only then, and thanks to leftists and Obama, they can't decline me for pre-existing conditions.

Then after I'm fixed up, I'll cancel.

The insurance company will pass all my costs onto you all, and I'll not pay a dime, other than the $90 at the end of the year in my tax bill.

So that's how you far RW bastards rationalize that evil shat.

Interesting.

BTW, you're despicable.

Last edited:
Huh? Who has their health care paid for? Where is that deal? Are you talking about government employees or something?

Because out here in the real world, I haven't met an employer yet that entirely paid for health care. The plan where I work is over $500 a month. I got that fixed. I canceled insurance, and when I get sick, I'll apply for insurance only then, and thanks to leftists and Obama, they can't decline me for pre-existing conditions.

Then after I'm fixed up, I'll cancel.

The insurance company will pass all my costs onto you all, and I'll not pay a dime, other than the $90 at the end of the year in my tax bill.

So that's how you far RW bastards rationalize that evil shat.

Interesting.

BTW, you're despicable.

Oh.... dear... I'm sorry, so very sorry. I must have inadvertently given you the impression your opinion of me, matters to me in any way. I do apologize.

Allow me to straighten out that mistake. There is no possible way for me to care any less what you think about me at all. There is lint in my clothes drier that has a higher value to me, than your opinion of me.

If that ever changes... I will make sure to inform you at absolute earliest possible time. Until then, you can assume I don't give crap what you think about me. Thanks for stopping by! Have nice day. :bye1:

Not only would that be in violation of a federal law, HIPPA, but I don't have any idea of the names of the thousands of people that I turned away from 1966 to 2005, and you know it. Why in hell do you thin k that ACA made underwriting illegal, if it wasn't causing people to be denied for insurance? What in the world do you think all the controversy is about? Before this thread, I would have sworn that nobody could be so misinformed as you turned out to be about US medical care. Why do you think that doctors offices and hospitals require admittance paperwork, including insurance information, before you are allowed to see the doc or be admitted to the hospital. Why would you think that I would tell you something like this, if I have not spent 50 years doing it?

You simply can not be this naïve about health care.

Ah true. Yes, you couldn't tell us because it would violate the law. My bad. I forgot about it.

For years now, I've looked for the long list of endless casualties from people who didn't have health insurance, and were declined from life saving treatment.

There should be literally MILLIONS of these people. We should have lists and lists. Millions of them.

Yet, we do have lists of people in other 'free health care' countries who have died on waiting lists. We do have people who were declined from life saving treatment, because the government had limited funds to provide care.

We have articles about hundreds of mothers sent to the US to give birth, because their 'free' system didn't have beds. We have articles about babies in the UK intentionally left to die, because the 'free' system didn't have to provide care. We have people who fly to India, Singapore, even the US, to pay for care, because the 'free' system in their own country would have killed them.

Yet when I look for such examples in the US.... I can't actually find any real examples. The only ones I know of, are where the policy buyer lied on their policy, in order to avoid higher premiums.

And quite frankly, if you lie.... yeah, they shouldn't have to pay you.

So... again my point is this. You setup this system, and now it's going to be abused. Just like we said it would.

Your deal. When premiums start spiking up faster than ever before, and fewer people than ever can afford health care.... that's your fault.

Intentions don't matter jack diddly squat. Results are what matter. Instead of demanding other people pay for everything, how about you start a charity and help people yourself?

Nope, let's screw over the entire country, and you can 'feel good' about your accomplishment.

OnePercenter said:
Why wouldn't you want free healthcare from your employer?
Because its Obamas FORCED plan to merge everyone under one roof!!!!! (so to speak)

Garbage.........

Forum List

Back