I thought this was political chat room

T

The Beaver

My original comments on the "Demise of America"--which has had 22 comment postings by other members since posting the original letter 3 days ago-all of the responses have devolved into fishing trips into Canada, abortion, bantering back and forth about native-American rights, castigating me about not proper intendations, a few jabs hear and there, and a slew of other crap, none of which addressed the theme in my text.

Not one, and I mean not one person has either challenged my claims, agreed with my claims or have written any follow up critiques. I've had people attack me but not my opinion. Maybe the truth is too painful? I'm not complaining about people veering off about the different kinds of bait used on their fishing trips or who was the first people in North America, but maybe those topics should be covered on the appropriate chat room.

As always,
The Beaver

Perhaps if you were willing to discuss serious topics in a respectful, genteel manner, others would wish to engage.

Instead, you went on a rant and became offended when challenged.

If you can't stand the heat.....

I wouldn't take it personally. There was a post about some political chat or other and ended up into a football discussion. Which quaterback was best, who deserved to win and the hall of fame.

Hey Beav,
As for taking the thread off in a tangent, well it's happened to me too and probably everybody else who as started a thread at one point on this board. Unless i see something in a previous page that begs response, I usually try to respond to the last thing posted.

I personally love debate, people like DK make it very hard to debate because he doesn't leave much to respond to (i.e. rolling head avatar). I usually will make the effort to actually confront what people write in their posts. Probably why my back and forth with DK and Said1 got off on such a tangent. My Canada fishing thing started out political, but kinda deviated off course.

If, however, I happen to agree w/ a post, which is where you would come in on this case, I probably will not respond. It's pretty tough to debate someone you agree with and I really didn't see the pt of re-wording what you said just to hear myslef talk...errr write I guess.

In short, sorry for the tangent, but on these things you kinda have to go where the flow takes you.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Beaver, the top half of the board is pretty much designated for the political chat! There are some other good sections below also!
join in on any of them and you will have more fun! strictly politics get's boring, and will only make you feel like ->:blowup:
yeah 100% politics 100% of the time will make you like WJ, BP, and some of the others.

Don't worry Beaver, with a name like that, I am sure we could entertain you in the Adult section!!!!!!!! :p:

Such filthy little minds, now you know there is an animal called the beaver that likes to build damns!!!! :p:

Originally posted by janeeng
Such filthy little minds, now you know there is an animal called the beaver that likes to build damns!!!! :p:
ive also seem some pretty wet beavers...:p:

Never fear, takes a little time with the searching, but we always aim to please!!!!! :D

she'll be there. She'll be just as curious to see what's there, as you guys are!!! even with warnings, you all still click!!! hahahh

The warnings make it even more likley that I will click!!!

I'm sure same is true of others.

some of the stuff is realy yuky though.

hahahh, an honest person Sabir!!!!! you gott love the warnings! :)

Forum List

Back