I thought the stimulus was supposed to save the world...

The question could be asked, "How bad could it have been if the stimulas hadn't been passed?". Me personally, I would have prefered not to see the stimulas passed...either one.

-TSO

The question could be asked, "How bad could it have been if the stimulas hadn't been passed?". Me personally, I would have prefered not to see the stimulas passed...either one.

-TSO

The question is:

Without the stimulus, would the people have been able to ride the storm?

When will people realize the truth about stimuli and tax cuts during recessions.

They are marketed as ways to cure the economy, but the most basic of economists know they are simply designed and implemented to ease the pain during a recession.

You can give a man a million dollars, but if he does not need a pair of sneakers, he isnt going to buy them, and the sneaker manufacturer does not manufacture one for him.

Recessions are a result of market saturation...such is why we have them every 6 to 8 years.

Stimuli and tax cuts are political tools....but at least tax cuts do not cost us millions of dollars a day in interest alone!

really, didn't bush borrow most of those tax cut monies from Red China or was it to pay for his wars LOL

really, didn't bush borrow most of those tax cut monies from Red China or was it to pay for his wars LOL

Actually, the best way to implement a tax cut is to add a line on the tax form.

But the theory is 'it does not cost anything to reduce tax revenue; but it costs much in interest to borrow money for governemnt spending.'

And yes, if tax revenue decreases, then the government should simply not spend what doesnt come in.

New Topics

Forum List

Back