I thought the Dems didn't believe in Preemptive strikes...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...l_afp/us_vote_congress_040702062257&printer=1

US lawmakers request UN observers for November 2 presidential election

Fri Jul 2, 2:22 AM ET Add Politics - AFP to My Yahoo!

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Several members of the House of Representatives have requested the United Nations (news - web sites) to send observers to monitor the November 2 US presidential election to avoid a contentious vote like in 2000, when the outcome was decided by Florida.

Recalling the long, drawn out process in the southern state, nine lawmakers, including four blacks and one Hispanic, sent a letter Thursday to UN Secretary General Kofi Annan (news - web sites) asking that the international body "ensure free and fair elections in America," according to a statement issued by Florida representative Eddie Bernice Johnson, who spearheaded the effort.

"As lawmakers, we must assure the people of America that our nation will not experience the nightmare of the 2000 presidential election," she said in the letter.

"This is the first step in making sure that history does not repeat itself," she added after requesting that the UN "deploy election observers across the United States" to monitor the November, 2004 election.

The lawmakers said in the letter that in a report released in June 2001, the US Commission on Civil Rights "found that the electoral process in Florida resulted in the denial of the right to vote for countless persons."

The bipartisan commission, they stressed, determined "that the 'disenfranchisement of Florida's voters fell most harshly on the shoulders of black voters' and in poor counties." Both groups vote predominantly Democratic in US elections.

The commission also concluded, the lawmakers added, that "despite promised nationwide reforms (of the voting system) ... adequate steps have not been taken to ensure that a similar situation will not arise in 2004 that arose in 2000."

Thirty-six days after the November 7, 2000 presidential election, after several state court interventions and vote recounts in numerous Florida counties, the US Supreme Court ruled in favor of Republican George W. Bush, awarding him all of Florida's 25 electoral votes.

The ruling tipped the balance against Democratic contender and then vice president Al Gore (news - web sites), who with 267 electoral votes lost to Bush's 271, only one more than the minimum 270 needed to clinch the presidential election.

This will never happen but it shows the depths of their desperation.

OMG - THE UN? To oversee OUR elections? Who's been smoking the shit? Ain't no way. We're not some 3rd world shit hole that needs any outside oversight. These 9 idiots should be removed from office. They alone, go outside to the UN? OMG I cannot believe it.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
OMG - THE UN? To oversee OUR elections? Who's been smoking the shit? Ain't no way. We're not some 3rd world shit hole that needs any outside oversight. These 9 idiots should be removed from office. They alone, go outside to the UN? OMG I cannot believe it.

Fuc* that! I agree with Hgrokit, which happens only once in awhile! Like when we are discussing Constitution and it's being a bit oblique. LOL

Copy of the letter sent to Rep Eddie allegedly from Texas not Florida:

Is this you? http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...l_afp/us_vote_congress_040702062257&printer=1

If not then disregard this letter with my apologies. Then maybe you should contact Yahoo news.

If it is you: then you and your fellow unnamed conspirators deserve to be removed from office. I sincerly hope that there is more than a misidentified state here. If you truly intend to allow foriegn nationals to occupy the USA to ensure the results of elections, then you should renounce your citizenship and live elsewhere.

PE Gwinn
Master Sergeant of Marines (ret)
Abilene Texas

Originally posted by Kathianne
Fuc* that! I agree with Hgrokit, which happens only once in awhile! Like when we are discussing Constitution and it's being a bit oblique. LOL

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My sentiments exactly! :finger: to you, UN! :fu2:

Grand-standing political swine who care nothing about the country, they just want to get some face time in the media. Pretty much like the democratic party's presidential candidate.

These bastards know they have no authority to make this request. Their circus antics are nothing more than pathetic, self-serving attempts to call attention to themselves. Maybe this will wake up the folks who elected these swine. But I doubt it.

OMG - THE UN? To oversee OUR elections? Who's been smoking the shit? Ain't no way.
I know. What a bunch of bullshit. After oil-for-food and having countries like Cuba, Sudan, and Syria on the human rights committee, people think they should then do this? What will it have to take for people to realize how corrupt the UN is.

Eddie Bernice Johnson is from Texas.

She has an 80% voting approval rating from the ACLU.

She and at least four other representatives from Texas voted against the ban on partial birth abortions. What the heck is happening in the Lone Star State?

Damn if I know. She isn't from around where I live. I guess she is there to balance a conservative from CA?

Originally posted by Merlin1047

She and at least four other representatives from Texas voted against the ban on partial birth abortions. What the heck is happening in the Lone Star State?

Originally posted by Merlin1047

The Dems from Texas are just one of the many reasons I have growing hatred for that party in general. A while back, the Dems knew they were going to lose a vote in the House, so instead of working to change peoples minds they acted like a bunch of spoiled brats. In order to take a vote, there has to be a certain percentage of the House present. Knowing if most of them didn't show up it would stop the vote, almost all the Dems hopped on a bus and went to Oklahoma! They hid for several days and essentially shut down the state government because things weren't going the way they wanted them to! Now, the Democrats are making attempts to impeach Gov. Perry based on lame accusations. I'm almost ashamed to admit that a young JimmyEatWorld once walked the streets of Montague County, Texas going door to door in support of the Democratic party. Never again.

As far as the UN thing: Yeah, there's a good idea. How about the UN gets their own room clean before they start moderating anybody else's business. Oil for food anyone?

Forum List

Back