I thought that America is Israel's ally..

jedidiah

Rookie
Dec 12, 2012
I thought that America is Israel's ally, but I must admit I was wrong because giving tanks and jet fighters to Islamist radicals whom Washington brought to power in Egypt is absolutely insane idea. They won't seriously harm America, but surely will use these toys against Israel after they deal with everyone in Egypt who opposes 'holy and kind' Morsi. That reminds me of how Washington supported Taliban, and now we see the result of it, Americans can't defeat their own brainchild which by the way got no tanks and jets. This is so odd because America speaks about democracy but supports and brings to power Islamist radicals all around the Middle East. What is that, another big game so the White House could get Israel under? You know, friend of my enemy... is my enemy. I hope those ones who support extremists understand that.

I wonder what will be said when those planes are used to kill Americans..

Washington supported Pakistan giving the rebels in Agfghanistan the ability to shoot down Soviet aircraft. I don't think there was ever much support for the Taliban and it's extremes.

Democracy is messy. Especially in countries that have been under authoritarian rule.

So if Egypt does the unthinkable who do you think Washington would side with and supply?

Washington supported Pakistan giving the rebels in Agfghanistan the ability to shoot down Soviet aircraft. I don't think there was ever much support for the Taliban and it's extremes.

Democracy is messy. Especially in countries that have been under authoritarian rule.

So if Egypt does the unthinkable who do you think Washington would side with and supply?[/QUOTE]

Excellent question. Do you have an answer?

So if Egypt does the unthinkable who do you think Washington would side with and supply?[/QUOTE]

Excellent question. Do you have an answer?

I think Israel, hands down, without a doubt, and of course.

The American government and people talk about spreading democracy around the world.

But when the citizens of Egypt democratically elected an Islamic based government and not a western style secular government.

The new government is derided and attacked in the western media as the enemy and not a fellow democratic nation. :cool:

Peace isn't in the interest of the military industrial complex.

What was in its interest was the US government's $30,000,000,000 commitment to the Israeli military (just from 2009 through 2019, mind you) which carries the caveat that 75% of the aid must be spent with American military contractors.

Laundering US tax dollars through military expenditures requires an endless succession of trumped-up conflicts.

The American government and people talk about spreading democracy around the world.

But when the citizens of Egypt democratically elected an Islamic based government and not a western style secular government.

The new government is derided and attacked in the western media as the enemy and not a fellow democratic nation. :cool:

Hopefully, that democratically elected government is only phase one in the Egyptian Revolution. Apparently, Morsi doesn't understand democracy and the people are letting him know he made a big mistake. Did he really think they threw out one dictator just to install another?

An Islamist Egypt inevitable? Not so fast – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs

Democracy and freedom. I think the concerns are from the tyranny of democracy where the 51% can take freedoms from the 49%.

Democracy and freedom. I think the concerns are from the tyranny of democracy where the 51% can take freedoms from the 49%.

They may also be concerned about their democracy devolving into a plutocracy where the 1% can rule over the 99% with relative impunity.

The US is number one in arms sales. Do you think that military arms have a clear concience to whom it sales to? No.

Forum List

Back