I Thought Only Whites Were Racist?

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
Surely this is a typo. We all know Blacks don't hate the Brown people.

Cops investigating Staten Island attack as hate crime - NYPOST.com

A Mexican immigrant (Illegal Alien) walking home from work was savagely beaten on Staten Island in a hate crime, cops said yesterday. Alejandro Galindo, 52, was on Forest and Jewett avenues in Elm Park around 12:10 a.m. Thursday when he was approached by three unidentified African-American (Black) men who started shouting anti-Mexican slurs, law enforcement officials said.
Why would Blacks hate Mexicans? I mean it's not like they're taking jobs that Blacks would be doing right?

Right?

A Mexican immigrant (Illegal Alien) walking home from work was savagely beaten on Staten Island in a hate crime, cops said yesterday. Alejandro Galindo, 52, was on Forest and Jewett avenues in Elm Park around 12:10 a.m. Thursday when he was approached by three unidentified African-American (Black) men who started shouting anti-Mexican slurs, law enforcement officials said.
Why would Blacks hate Mexicans? I mean it's not like they're taking jobs that Blacks would be doing right?

Right?

Don't know who told you only whites could be racist. They were incorrect.

Unfortunately there is racism coming from all sides. Pure stupidity, we have no choice but to share this old earth.

So true! In addition to dysfunctional families, hatred, anger and ignorance grows with each passing legislation and will continue.

Right?

Blacks can not be racist against whites, get it right.

I've never heard the sayings "all whites were racist" or "only whites can be racist." Did I miss the memo or something?

I've been expecting exactly this response to the illegal immigrant situation for quite some time and I'm surprised it's taken this long to manifest. The fact is undocumented workers have invaded the pecking order in the unskilled labor market and this is the inevitable reaction.

While the conflict appears to be racial there is an underlying economic factor.

Last edited:
Most of you assume we don't think african americans or any other ethnic group can be racist.

I've been expecting exactly this response to the illegal immigrant situation for quite some time and I'm surprised it's taken this long to manifest. The fact is undocumented workers have invaded the pecking order in the unskilled labor market and this is the inevitable reaction.

While the conflict appears to be racial there is an underlying economic factor.

While this may be true, I don't really think calling someone a <insert racial slur> before kicking their ass should qualify as a hate crime. Me calling someone a fat bastard before kicking their ass doesn't mean that I hate all fat people. But going out looking to kick the ass of any/every fat person should.

Racism is alive and well in all groups. I work in a very diverse school where (some) whites hate blacks, Puerto Ricans hate Mexicans, light skinned black hate the darker ones, etc. Sometimes I feel I've slipped into a time warp and its 50 years ago. Self segregation is alive and well. I never experienced racial tension growing up. Its not healthy for us as a nation. We are the melting pot for crying out loud. I blame multiculturism.Being a "proud AMERICAN" now has a negative connotation.

Racism is alive and well in all groups. I work in a very diverse school where (some) whites hate blacks, Puerto Ricans hate Mexicans, light skinned black hate the darker ones, etc. Sometimes I feel I've slipped into a time warp and its 50 years ago. Self segregation is alive and well. I never experienced racial tension growing up. Its not healthy for us as a nation. We are the melting pot for crying out loud. I blame multiculturism.Being a "proud AMERICAN" now has a negative connotation.

It doesn't help when people are being grouped as real Americans or not real Americans either.

I agree. But I had a particularly challenging year last year with a few bonafide racists and some jokers. It is very difficult to distinguish. I found myself saying daily "No more racial comments please" which sometimes ended up with "Lighten up Ms C" or feeling I wasn't being tough enough. Fine line.

I think the schools should do more to promote our common values; not just differences.

Right?

Wow...I didn't realize you were stupid.

Forum List

Back