I thought Obama said we had to spend our way back into prosperity?

He needs to shut down the loons so he can run his govenment.
What "loons" are stopping him from doing anything he wants?

cute. :tongue:

ah.. see this is where my issue with him is. the loons are the noisemakers who started the day he was elected...and the sorelosers who started talking about an armed insurrection and secession on that same day..... the ihopehefails crowd who hasn't shut up for 10 seconds.

but... he should find the cojones to not give a flying... and for some reason, he's been trying to get everyone to sing kumbaya and it isn't going to happen.

so i don't think ANYONE should keep him from running his government. Dubya acted like he had a mandate even when he lost the popular vote and was appointed to the office. Obama had a mandate and acted like he was suffering from stockholm syndrome.

jillian....the only people who derailed Obama's healthcare legislation were Democrats. Period. End of story. They had a SUPERMAJORITY, as awarded them by the American people. They didn't need a SINGLE Republican vote and STILL managed to screw it up. You need look no further than Obama and his fellow Democrats if you are looking to place blame.

i can't say i agree with him because i thought he didn't go far enough before..

but .. unlike baby bush who believed the same thing on wednedsay as he did on monday, no matter what happened on tuesday, people do re-evaluate and moderate positions. (credit to stephen colbert).

it's called thinking. ;)

He did. And I think he shouldn't be appeasing the loons yet again.

But maybe its just me who thinks you don't give in to school yard bullies.

But I suspect the first thing he'll do is make sure he's re-elected. Still better than the alternatives.

We dont give into school yard bullies. Why do you think we arent letting Obama push us around?

but .. unlike baby bush who believed the same thing on wednedsay as he did on monday, no matter what happened on tuesday, people do re-evaluate and moderate positions. (credit to stephen colbert).

it's called thinking. ;)
You can keep coming back with Boooooosh all you want, but today is NOW, Boooooosh was yesterday.

It's infantile and childish to keep going to that same well that's been dry for months, expecting water this time.

Wait, that's actually insanity.

jillian....the only people who derailed Obama's healthcare legislation were Democrats. Period. End of story. They had a SUPERMAJORITY, as awarded them by the American people. They didn't need a SINGLE Republican vote and STILL managed to screw it up. You need look no further than Obama and his fellow Democrats if you are looking to place blame.

democrats never agree. it's also much easier to agree on "no" than it is to agree on what to do. remember the old saying: "I don't belong to any organized political party, I'm a democrat".

so what you say is true, too, but i think the bigger part is he wanted everyone to hold hands and sing... wasn't ever going to happen, so they shouldn't have tried to moderate for olympia snow and joe lieberman.

i think the bigger part is he wanted everyone to hold hands and sing...
When I want everyone to come together and sing, I always say stuff like "shut up, get out of the way and let me clean up this mess."

Stop deluding yourself that Obama EVER wanted harmony.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

democrats never agree. it's also much easier to agree on "no" than it is to agree on what to do. remember the old saying: "I don't belong to any organized political party, I'm a democrat".

so what you say is true, too, but i think the bigger part is he wanted everyone to hold hands and sing... wasn't ever going to happen, so they shouldn't have tried to moderate for olympia snow and joe lieberman.

The end result is all that matters. The Democrats failed their President. Obama's Presidency will now forever be marked as the one where the American people put him into office to "fix" healthcare, and he failed. How sad is that?

When I want everyone to come together and sing, I always say stuff like "shut up, get out of the way and let me clean up this mess."

but he didn't say 'get out of the way' until it was clear that the repubs were the party of 'no'.

stop deluding *yourself* into thinking the repubs were ever going to work with him.

but he didn't say 'get out of the way' until it was clear that the repubs were the party of 'no'.

stop deluding *yourself* into thinking the repubs were ever going to work with him.
No hun, he said it repeatedly during the campaign. He was as divisive as he could possibly be, playing to his rabid base. THOSE are the loons.

And I never for one minute thought, believed or said the Repugs would work with him.

it's called thinking. ;)

Isnt it funny how thinking people keep turning to conservative policies to fix the problems of this nation? Odd don't you think?

But then again, most thinking people look at the actual laws govern reality and realize they need to comply with them in order to get a desired result. The laws governing wealth are what we call economics.

Which is why the free market is so important to generating wealth. Because it's through the free market that people choice to sell goods and services and buy goods and services dependent upon their skills and interest. If people are making choices that are the best for them, there needs are being served and wealth increases.

These laws havent changed, why people seem to think that they can govern contrary to these laws makes no sense to me.

His "Spending Freeze" doesn't even amount to a drop in a bucket. Seems like a shallow political ploy to me. Besides,his own party will not support this anyway. Too little,too late. The awful damage has already been done.

it's called thinking. ;)

Isnt it funny how thinking people keep turning to conservative policies to fix the problems of this nation? Odd don't you think?
Don't think for one minute this is actually happening.

Remember what Obama said, "What you see in FDR that I hope my team can emulate is, not always getting it right, but projecting a sense of confidence."

The MESSAGE is all that matters, NOT results.

He's just a cheap con man. His quote there is exactly what con men try to do, project a sense of confidence and that's why con men are called con artists.

He has NO intention at all of reducing spending. He said as much during the campaign, when McSame said he would balance the budget by the end of a second term, Obama laughed that off and said "that's not practical."

This "spending freeze" shit is just lip service.

Oh, I know very clearly he isnt intending to actually implement those policies. I know they are lip service. He needs to look like he is doing the right thing. But it doesnt change that the right thing are the policies conservative-lite policies.

What is so hard about passing a law right now that says all pre-existing conditions can not be blocked by insurance companies, and all Americans have health care, the industry eats the cost through taxation. Let's face it, we are here because health care became big business, and government let them get away with it. So, the industry pays the price for their greed.

I think you're missing the mark a bit if you dismiss the problem as merely a "big business" issue.

If you think about all the other things that have gotten out of hand in terms of costs.. they're usually things we pay for through third parties, through insurers and financiers. While it's unrealistic to pay for a catastrophic healthcare event, the fact that we don't even expect to pay out-of-pocket for basic care, means that practitioners can charge whatever they want. Somebody else is paying the tab, so we don't negotiate price. Then, when we start adding crazy amounts of overhead to the product, even the base-cost, before profit, gets completely out of control.

Look at college educations... Do you think they'd be asking $30,000 per year if parents were paying from their savings? :eusa_eh:
I don't. I think people would be telling them to 'go stuff'.

it's called thinking. ;)

Remember what Obama said, "What you see in FDR that I hope my team can emulate is, not always getting it right, but projecting a sense of confidence."

The MESSAGE is all that matters, NOT results.

He's just a cheap con man. His quote there is exactly what con men try to do, project a sense of confidence and that's why con men are called con artists.

He has NO intention at all of reducing spending. He said as much during the campaign, when McSame said he would balance the budget by the end of a second term, Obama laughed that off and said "that's not practical."

This "spending freeze" shit is just lip service.

The spending freeze will be nothing more than an elaborate shell game. There is very little that the government will deem "discretionary". For example, I just heard on the news that the new "job stimulus" bill would be exempt because it's supposed to stimulate the economy. Another attempt to distract and mislead the public. :evil:

Last edited:

Sometimes the right answer IS "no". Certainly, it was the right answer to unconstitutional legislation, an increase in entitlements, reckless spending, and back-door deals.

Obama has only himself to blame for the partisan tone in Washington. He campaigned on bipartisanship, but wasn't in office three weeks before he thumbed his nose at the notion of it on Porkulus. Instead of setting the standard for his presidency, he passed the ball off to Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid and let them run with it.

What he should have done, was to give them clear (and public) instructions on his expectations of a bipartisan effort, and then sent their pile of crap back to the drawing board when they only delivered three (two) Republican votes.

But he didn't. Again, you blame other people than the ones who are supposed to be doing their JOB. Whose job is it to live up to Obama's campaign rhetoric? Is it Congress' or is it Obama's? :eusa_eh:
It's not like setting a "tone" was beyond his control.

Last edited:
Sometimes the right answer IS "no".
Were I running for office or advising a candidate, I would EMBRACE that "party of NO" label and run on it.

Why the far-left thinks that works as a disparagement is beyond me.

Perhaps because there are still SOME people in this country (right, left and Indie) who believe our elected officials are supposed to work FOR us?

Forum List

Back