I thought Michael Moore was retarded...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/aplocal_story.asp?category=6420&slug=WA Pants on Fire

Ben & Jerry's co-founder inflamed by Bush

By CHRIS RODKEY
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Call it the burning Bush.

The co-founder of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream is on the road, towing a 12-foot-tall effigy of President Bush with fake flames shooting out of the pants.

Ben Cohen believes it is an acceptable way to point out what he calls the president's lies.

"In a polite society, you don't go up to a person and look at them in the face and say, 'You're a liar,'" Cohen said in a telephone interview before arriving in Spokane, the next stop on the Pants on Fire Tour.

"We think it's a lot more dignified and there's a lot more decorum to say, 'Excuse me sir, your pants are getting a little warm, don't you think?'" Cohen said.

The "PantsOnFire-Mobile" is a trailer pulled behind a car. The Bush character is wearing a flight suit with the words "Mission Accomplished" emblazoned on the back, a reference to the president's declaration that major hostilities had ended in Iraq. An electronic ticker on the front shows what Cohen says are Bush's lies.

The head is a rotating cylinder with various Bush facial expressions.

White House spokesman Ken Lisaius said most people in America support Bush's policies, and that the president supports free speech.

"The president welcomes the fact that we live in a democracy and that people in this country are free to make their own opinions known," Lisaius said.

Ben & Jerry's pioneered "mobile promotions," when Cohen and co-founder Jerry Greenfield took an RV across the country and doled out ice cream on a nationwide "scooping tour," in lieu of expensive national advertising. The same concept is at work with the PantsOnFire-Mobile, Cohen said.

The project is run by volunteers. Cohen flies to a town to train a crew of drivers, teaching them things like how to crank up the smoke machine. Volunteers come from an Internet organization Cohen founded called TrueMajority.org, which he said has 500,000 members.

The Web site, which sends out liberal action calls to subscribers, is not affiliated with Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. In 2000, international conglomerate Unilever purchased the ice cream company. Cohen and co-founder Jerry Greenfield now serve as "ambassadors" for the company.

Reaction to the effigy across the country has been overwhelmingly positive, Cohen said, so much so that he has commissioned a second one to tour.

Portraying flames shooting out of the pants of the president isn't disrespectful, Cohen argued.

"I believe that it's disrespectful of the president to essentially lead the country based on lies," he said. "If that happens, then I believe it's actually our patriotic duty to make people aware of it."

The PantsOnFire-Mobile will spend two weeks in Spokane before rolling off to Seattle. The tour began last November on Long Island, N.Y., and will continue until the Nov. 2 elections. It has already made stops in Florida, Texas, Arizona and Colorado.

Wow! Maybe Moore gets his dementia from Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. Lord knows he eats enough of it.

Don't fret! There's a better ice cream for bastards like you and I.

Check out this site, it's kickass. Don't miss the hatemail they post up there for everyone to enjoy, it's Liberals in rare form!

http://www.starspangledicecream.com/index.cfm

Here's some of their flavors :

Gun Nut (Coconut Ice Cream with Almonds and Chocolate Chips)
I Hate The French VANILLA (Real American Vanilla, NOT French Vanilla)
Iraqi Road (Chocolate with Roasted Almonds and Rich Chocolate Chips)
Nutty Environmentalist (Rich Buttery Ice Cream with Roasted Pecans)
Smaller Govern-MINT (White Mint with Rich Chocolate Chips)
Donald Rum Raisin
GuantanaMocha
Kerry Ketchup Dough
Tank Tracks
Dutch (Reagan) Chocolate
Orange Alert Sherbet

And favorite flavors from the past :

Clinton Im-Peach, White House Fundraiser Coffee and Jimmy Carter Peanut Malaise.

NightTrain said:
Don't fret! There's a better ice cream for bastards like you and I.

Check out this site, it's kickass. Don't miss the hatemail they post up there for everyone to enjoy, it's Liberals in rare form!

http://www.starspangledicecream.com/index.cfm

Here's some of their flavors :

Gun Nut (Coconut Ice Cream with Almonds and Chocolate Chips)
I Hate The French VANILLA (Real American Vanilla, NOT French Vanilla)
Iraqi Road (Chocolate with Roasted Almonds and Rich Chocolate Chips)
Nutty Environmentalist (Rich Buttery Ice Cream with Roasted Pecans)
Smaller Govern-MINT (White Mint with Rich Chocolate Chips)
Donald Rum Raisin
GuantanaMocha
Kerry Ketchup Dough
Tank Tracks
Dutch (Reagan) Chocolate
Orange Alert Sherbet

And favorite flavors from the past :

Clinton Im-Peach, White House Fundraiser Coffee and Jimmy Carter Peanut Malaise.

Great site....already got it book marked

Hannitized said:
Well, I wont be eating Ben and Jerry's thank you very much!!! :dev1:

I think the hippie freak already sold off his share of the company.

He's just another example of an individual with a vast fortune who wants to make sure everyone else who accumulates wealth is taxed like there is no tomorrow.

Comrade said:

He's just another example of an individual with a vast fortune who wants to make sure everyone else who accumulates wealth is taxed like there is no tomorrow.

Thats what i don't get. They worked hard and made it big. They lived the American Dream. So why can't others partake in the same thing? Why does the government have to take care of them?

Such an ego these guys have that they think they are the only ones who could have possibly overcame the odds and made it in the world.

Comrade said:

That is true he did sell but I think he remains in some kind of creative input capacity.

insein said:
Thats what i don't get. They worked hard and made it big. They lived the American Dream. So why can't others partake in the same thing? Why does the government have to take care of them?

Such an ego these guys have that they think they are the only ones who could have possibly overcame the odds and made it in the world.

It almost seems like they want to be the only ones who live the good life so that the rest can continue to adore and look up to them. If society gets too sucessfull and sophisticated the elites become irrelevant and loose their appeal, mystique....Remember most of them have very big egos.......Just a theory?

I am amazed that someone would actually put so much effort into something that would probably be appealing to my 3 year old daughter. Are these people grown ups,or wittle kids?!

:baby:

That ice cream site is great, especially since they got a free endorsement from Ted Nugent (who loves Gun Nut). I also love the liberal flames, like

"This is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Why don't all of you imbeciles get a real job? Oh, sorry, there aren't any jobs. But as long as you're 'patriotic' you think everthing will be fine. You people are PATHETIC!"

They also likkke to substitute kkk in for hard c's and k's all over the place, likkke 'Republikkklan' and 'target markkket.'

insein said:
You would get it. After all your on that same level.

I think you meant "you're."

Yeah, if by on the same level you meant willing to drive around the country to get my point across, you're right.

Well, I think it would have made more since to put Clinton up there with his pants on fire, they must be since he can't keep them on.

See, it doesn't matter which side you're on, it's stupid to drive a freakin' ice cream truck around with THE PRESIDENT on it with his pants on fire! Re-freakin'-diculous!!! (And yeah, I know that's spelled wrong!)

Forum List

Back