I Thought Libs Supported Free Speech

acronyms seem to be as difficult for you to fathom as analogies. :rofl:

Poor little libs DID suffer from PEST after the 04 election. Only libs would allow their lives to be ruined by an election

It would seem Eddie is still within its grip.

Dozens more Kerry supporters flock to Florida therapists
American Health Association reacts with free ‘post-election selection trauma’ counseling

Published Wednesday, November 10, 2004 1:00 pm
by Sean Salai

More shocked John Kerry supporters on Wednesday sought psychological help with “post-election selection trauma” in South Florida, prompting the American Health Association to officially release symptoms of the disorder and open its doors for free counseling.

“When someone commits suicide in New York and Kerry’s loss is even slightly connected, it’s serious,” Rob Gordon, executive director of the AHA, told the Boca Raton News. “There’s a lot of older Democrats here and they outnumber Republicans and you don’t want an epidemic of suicides with the elderly. So our counseling center is now open free to those with post-election selection depression, PEST, who need to exorcise their demons.”

According to Gordon, the Boca-based AHA has formally defined the symptoms of PEST and will offer the free sessions through the end of the year. He said approximately 30 people had contacted AHA for psychological counseling since Kerry conceded the presidential race to President Bush on Nov. 3.

Gordon said symptoms of the trauma are similar to post-traumatic stress disorder and include loss of appetite, sleeplessness, nightmares and pervasive moodiness.

The AHA’s actions come after the Boca Raton News reported Tuesday that Palm Beach County psychotherapist Douglas Schooler has already treated 15 Kerry supporters using intense hypnotherapy. Schooler, contacted Wednesday, said four more people had already set up appointments for the onetime therapy session since the article was picked up internationally and cited on Rush Limbaugh’s radio show.

“The problem is out there and it’s not going to go away anytime soon,” Schooler said. “Conservatives are calling me to say these people are weak-kneed kooks, but they’re not acknowledging that this is a normal psychological response to a severe and disillusioning situation. Any suggestion that this is not a serious problem arises from a political agenda. The Republicans don’t want this talked about.”

http://www.bocanews.com/index.php?src=news&prid=10147&category=Local News

Spoken like the true tyrant you are, and the dictator who gets off on the power you have to vote and to deny others representation. Don't expect me to be nice when this is your attitude but it is the attitude held by the majority of the people who post here.

Again if your going to insist on your baseless labels, at leat know what said label means. If I were an actuall tyrant I would not allow you to boycott anything, no?

Why thank you for telling me about my ignorance as if the opinion of my enemy means anything to me. I am also going to continue using profanity as often as I want because I do not agree with your retarded opinion that thse words are foul instead I think the words spewing forth from your mouth in support of the oppressive constitution are foul. The only good thing about the Constitution is that which was added as a direct result of people who were willing to oppose it and who even threatened to revolt if a Bill of Rights was not included. So do I support the Constitution? I support those parts which are good and hope those which are bad are removed or better yet a new Constitution drafted which deals with the inequalities and lack of representation in our government.

If you desire to use profanity and personal insults, that's your call, but you need to draw the line on how far it goes.

Members family members are off limits unless that member introduces them as a topic for discussion.

If you desire to use profanity and personal insults, that's your call, but you need to draw the line on how far it goes.

Members family members are off limits unless that member introduces them as a topic for discussion.

IMO the gratuitous use of profanity, as exhibited in many of Edward's and Psycho's posts, make the entire board look bad. It's one thing when someone is responding to what they think is something outrageous, but in both their cases, they use it to bully others.

It is a mark of Ignorance. In the case of making personal attacks that have nothing to do with the subject it further proof of IGNORANCE. The people that do it have no real argument, know it and so try to use scare tactic, foul language and personal insults to obfusicate their total lack of a point.

IMO the gratuitous use of profanity, as exhibited in many of Edward's and Psycho's posts, make the entire board look bad. It's one thing when someone is responding to what they think is something outrageous, but in both their cases, they use it to bully others.

It's a freedom of speech board, and the last thing I want to do is censor or ban anyone.

IMO, with the privilege of free speech goes the responsibility of knowing when an where to draw the line. Anyone who cannot figure out when and where to draw it will have it drawn for them.

In the case of making personal attacks that have nothing to do with the subject it further proof of IGNORANCE. The people that do it have no real argument, know it and so try to use scare tactic, foul language and personal insults to obfusicate their total lack of a point.

Please read your message on:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=575307&postcount=11

I am not sure what planet you two live on, maybe Looney Toons?

Thanks for helping to define yourself.

Please read your message on:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=575307&postcount=11

Thanks for helping to define yourself.

I think he was pointing out the same thing I pointed out earlier in this thread. There is a group of people on this board who consistantly jump to conclusions and make assumptions thar are not realistically, hence the statement you must be from another planet(where the rules of reality may be different).

We wont' leave even if asked to by the Iraqi govt - based on what realisitic evidence, i don't know.

the BBC is going to stop reporting on certain topics all together - based on what realistic evidence, I don't know

I am a tyrant/retard - based on what realistic evidence, i don't know

RGSs wife is a whore - based on what realistic evidence, I don't know

RGS children are bastards - based on what realistic evidence I don't know.

Back to the topic at hand.................

Battered by criticism, Broward may keep deal with Rush Limbaugh radio station

Radio station WIOD likely will remain Broward County's official channel for emergency information despite concerns it is also home to conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh.

County commissioners said they were deluged with complaints from throughout the country Wednesday after they questioned whether to cut their ties with the station because of their dislike for Limbaugh. By the end of the day, a majority of commissioners vowed to renew WIOD's agreement next week.

Kristin Jacobs and Ilene Lieberman, commissioners who served as mayor during hurricanes in 2004 and 2005, came to the defense of WIOD. They were absent from Tuesday's meeting because they were in Tallahassee talking to state lawmakers about tax reform legislation.

"If your roof gets blown off, do you really care if the radio station that is giving you the information that you need also carries Rush Limbaugh?" Jacobs asked. "I don't think so. I don't agree with that man's philosophy and I don't listen to him, but I'm not going to not choose WIOD because of it."

Limbaugh responded to the commissioners Wednesday on his radio show, saying the qualms about WIOD were a sign of out-of-control partisanship in the nation.

"They are politicizing the delivery of emergency news, which is non-partisan," Limbaugh said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...un14,0,3927815.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Yup, sure thing, thats JUST like Edward, Chips and a couple others.... sorta like McVay means all christians are like thousands of suicide bomber muslims.

I may be an agnostic but no agnostic or agnostic group speaks for me and I don’t speak for other groups of agnostics. I may be a moderate but I don’t speak for moderates and moderates don’t speak for me. Each person should be held for the individual comments and actions that come from him. Also, two wrongs do not make a right. I dislike the childish excuse that goes: If a democrat does it, I have permission to do it. If RSR behaves like this, then I can behave like this too. Raise yourself above your environment.

Well except telling someone they live in lala land after some real ignorant posts devoid of any reality, is NOT the same as cusing, screaming, name calling, lying about someone elses family members, making false accusations of crimes or claiming family members of the person you disagree with are "insert something bad here". That anyone would claim they are the same has a serious inability to reason in my opinion.

Back to the topic at hand.................

Battered by criticism, Broward may keep deal with Rush Limbaugh radio station

Radio station WIOD likely will remain Broward County's official channel for emergency information despite concerns it is also home to conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh.

County commissioners said they were deluged with complaints from throughout the country Wednesday after they questioned whether to cut their ties with the station because of their dislike for Limbaugh. By the end of the day, a majority of commissioners vowed to renew WIOD's agreement next week.

Kristin Jacobs and Ilene Lieberman, commissioners who served as mayor during hurricanes in 2004 and 2005, came to the defense of WIOD. They were absent from Tuesday's meeting because they were in Tallahassee talking to state lawmakers about tax reform legislation.

"If your roof gets blown off, do you really care if the radio station that is giving you the information that you need also carries Rush Limbaugh?" Jacobs asked. "I don't think so. I don't agree with that man's philosophy and I don't listen to him, but I'm not going to not choose WIOD because of it."

Limbaugh responded to the commissioners Wednesday on his radio show, saying the qualms about WIOD were a sign of out-of-control partisanship in the nation.

"They are politicizing the delivery of emergency news, which is non-partisan," Limbaugh said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...un14,0,3927815.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Well I would think that if what Edward says is true (that there are major 1st ammendment issues here) a dem would have had the ACLU ready in a heart beat. Pretending for a second that I don't understand the constitution, the fact we haven't heard a peep from them is good enough evidence for me that no such issue exists.

Well except telling someone they live in lala land after some real ignorant posts devoid of any reality, is NOT the same as cussing, screaming, name calling, lying about someone else’s family members, making false accusations of crimes or claiming family members of the person you disagree with are "insert something bad here". That anyone would claim they are the same has a serious inability to reason in my opinion.

My post was not ignorant. It was a clearly and logically established opinion based on an article. Following it, Truthmatters made an excellent point by saying that the elected government asked for troop freezes and withdrawal timetables. See:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=575318&postcount=14

Following that, I said that based on the article that I provided, it looks like the Iraqi people do not want the bases. Oh well. Sometimes governments do not do what people want.

Going back to your previous personal attack, you could have simply explained where I was misinformed or where my logic and reasoning was fallacious. Instead, your comment was just petty, silly, ignorant, and added nothing to the discussion. Your comment that I perhaps lived on a planet called Loony Tunes was practically an ad homonym – a personal attack not relevant to the debate. It accomplished nothing but simply demonstrate your lack of class.

My post was not ignorant. It was a clearly and logically established opinion based on an article. Following it, Truthmatters made an excellent point by saying that the elected government asked for troop freezes and withdrawal timetables. See:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=575318&postcount=14

Following that, I said that based on the article that I provided, it looks like the Iraqi people do not want the bases. Oh well. Sometimes governments do not do what people want.

Going back to your previous personal attack, you could have simply explained where I was misinformed or where my logic and reasoning was fallacious. Instead, your comment was just petty, silly, ignorant, and added nothing to the discussion. Your comment that I perhaps lived on a planet called Loony Tunes was practically an ad homonym – a personal attack not relevant to the debate. It accomplished nothing but simply demonstrate your lack of class.

Your claim is without merit. But then you already know that. This is just another example of obfusication when ones "points" do not add up nor survive reason.

I can see it now.... The United States will FORCE Iraq to let us keep troops there because, after all, we are just Nazi wanna bes anyway. The dems and the repubs will of course openly support this because they ALL think it a grand idea. That would be the looney Toons part. That you can , with a straight face claim that we can establish bases in a country that doesn't want us WHEN everyone is howling for us to LEAVE NOW. I guess I missed using my super secret decoder ring on the Constitution where it lets the President appropriate money for the military with out Congressional approval AND do it for longer than 2 years at a time.

UNLESS of course your claiming that secretly while the DEMs demand we leave, they are really making plans to create permanent bases as soon as a Dem wins the White House.

Forum List

Back