I Thought Libs Supported Free Speech

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Am I wrong on this? I thought liberals were for free speech, or do they only support liberal speech?

Broward may cancel deal with radio station because it airs Rush Limbaugh

By Scott Wyman
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted June 13 2007, 1:19 PM EDT

Rush Limbaugh has long been a thorn in the side of liberals, but now, because of him, some Democratic politicians don't even want to join with a local radio station to broadcast hurricane information.

Radio station WIOD, AM 610, has been the official channel for emergency information from Broward County government for the past year. The County Commission, all Democrats, balked at renewing the deal Tuesday, unable to stomach the station also being home to Limbaugh's talk show.

Commissioner Stacy Ritter said she did not want to support a station that's out of step with area politics. Ritter, a Democratic stalwart in the state Legislature before being elected to county office, cited talk shows hosted by Limbaugh and Sean Hannity and WIOD's partnership with Fox News.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...un13,0,4183214.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Should not the "official channel for emergency information from Broward County government" be the radio station with the greatest number of listeners, i.e., the highest ratings? Obviously in an emergency, the government should want to reach the greatest possible number of people. The political content of the station is irrelevant in an emergency.

Should not the "official channel for emergency information from Broward County government" be the radio station with the greatest number of listeners, i.e., the highest ratings? Obviously in an emergency, the government should want to reach the greatest possible number of people. The political content of the station is irrelevant in an emergency.

Only the left would put politics ahead of informing the people in an emergency

liberals are too scared to go outside because of global warming so why even warn them? they see a cloud and rush back inside to donate 10 dollars via paypal to code pink

its the same hypocrisy with liberals refusing to debate on fox, excuse me, but i didnt see the conservatives refuse msnbc, and they are so liberal, its funny. The worst tv station ever. did you see that debate?, what do you like least about america?

Answer; should of been, the fact that your asking me such a stupid fucking question. I expect that horse shit :rolleyes: from al queda's bitch, er tv station, al jizz in your eara

Am I wrong on this? I thought liberals were for free speech, or do they only support liberal speech?

Broward may cancel deal with radio station because it airs Rush Limbaugh

By Scott Wyman
Posted June 13 2007, 1:19 PM EDT

Rush Limbaugh has long been a thorn in the side of liberals, but now, because of him, some Democratic politicians don't even want to join with a local radio station to broadcast hurricane information.

Radio station WIOD, AM 610, has been the official channel for emergency information from Broward County government for the past year. The County Commission, all Democrats, balked at renewing the deal Tuesday, unable to stomach the station also being home to Limbaugh's talk show.

Commissioner Stacy Ritter said she did not want to support a station that's out of step with area politics. Ritter, a Democratic stalwart in the state Legislature before being elected to county office, cited talk shows hosted by Limbaugh and Sean Hannity and WIOD's partnership with Fox News.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...un13,0,4183214.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

its the same hypocrisy with liberals refusing to debate on fox, excuse me, but i didnt see the conservatives refuse msnbc, and they are so liberal, its funny. The worst tv station ever. did you see that debate?, what do you like least about america?

Answer; should of been, the fact that your asking me such a stupid fucking question. I expect that horse shit :rolleyes: from al queda's bitch, er tv station, al jizz in your eara

Dems are scared of Fox, afraid of terrorists, and cower in fear of conservative talk radio

and this is party that will defend America from AQ and those that want to destroy America?

:rofl:

liberals are too scared to go outside because of global warming so why even warn them? they see a cloud and rush back inside to donate 10 dollars via paypal to code pink

Did you know Rush destroyed the Hindenburg when he lit a cigar?

There is only one problem and that is that people who think Rush Limbaugh is nothing more than a jackass won't be listening to this radio station and they will not be reaching the greatest possible number of people. The only people they will be reaching are those who would listen to such garbage from the minds of retarded morons like Rush Limbaugh. If the County officials would have a problem listening to this radio station than it only makes sense that those who voted for them would too and that means that they are not reaching the greatest number of people possible instead they would be reaching the greatest number of Rush Limbaugh listeners. Also, free speech allows the government to decide whether they will support a specific station and to drive the number of their listeners up because they provide the county emergency broadcast. If the County wants to contract out to a different radio station than that is their right and people will listen to that radio station more if they wish to hear public broadcasts like these ones. I know conservatives don't think the County government and the elected officials of the County have any free speech rights but they do.

The County is deciding that conservatives who listen to Rush Limbaugh aren't the only ones who should be notified by the county in case of an emergency. Those who do not want to listen to Rush Limbaugh also have the right to hear an emergency broadcast and since only one station is able to provide official emergency broadcast it should be one that everyone will listen to and not just those who agree with or can tolerate Rush Limbaugh. This has absolutely nothing to do with politics and everything to do with the fact that if the county continued to use this station as its emergency broadcast provider than the only people who would not receive this service would be those who do not listen to the station or in other words people who refuse to listen to Rush Limbaugh or to a station which would air him. The County decided that since this station was playing politics that they no longer would be used as the official emergency broadcast provider because those who don't listen to Rush Limbaugh also have the right to hear emergency broadcast. I applaud them for protecting the interests of everyone in the county and deciding that an emergency broadcast provider cannot be a provider that offends so many people including County Council members and thus a SPECIFIC population would not be privy to emergency broadcasts. It would be the same if the County chose to use Fox News as its emergency broadcast provider because a SPECIFIC population will never listen to Fox News under any circumstance and to have the County use a radio or television station that a specific population never listens to endangers the lives of that population while warning those who listen to that radio or television station. I for one think they made the right decision in choosing not to just warn conservatives and Rush Limbaugh listeners and instead decide to use a different station to provide emergency broadcast to the greatest number of people and not just to those who would continue to listen to a radio station that would air a motherfucking loser like Rush Limbaugh.

Dems are scared of Fox, afraid of terrorists, and cower in fear of conservative talk radio

and this is party that will defend America from AQ and those that want to destroy America?

:rofl:

It is obvious you confuse fear with dislike. Democrats do not like Fox because those on Fox are generally moronic losers and it would be wrong for the government to decide to use Fox as the government's official emergency broadcast provider because liberals choose to exercise their freedom of association, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and freedom of assembly and not listen to Fox News. This would essentially mean that the only people the government warn are conservatives and an entire population would be without access to emergency broadcasts.

It is the retard George who refuses to go after al-Qaeda and who has said that bin Laden isn't a priority while Democrats have called for the elimination of Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda. To this day Republicans refuse to address the threat posed by al Qaeda instead preferring to invade Iraq. Republicans being tyrants think it is their right to send our sons and our daughters to die in Iraq for their opinions. I don't care that you can vote when your vote would send my loved one to die for your opinion because that is no different than what any Monarch or Dictator does and that is what every Republican voter is. Each of these individuals have decided that they can send those of us who disagree with them to die solely because they voted. A King votes too, and so does a tyrant but that doesn't change the fact that they are individuals and that those who decided to take us into Iraq are individuals and thse individuals decided to send our loved ones to fight and to die for their opinion even though we disagree. What does this mean? It means that John Republican is a tyrant and that when he cast his vote he did it as an individual and that he as an individual is a dictator who would send the sons and daughters of those of us who disagree with him to die for him, and his opinion. He might as well be the King because that is all that he and his fucking family are. Individuals who cast their vote to send our sons and our daughters to die based solely on their opinion are murderers and tyrants. Every patriotic American would fight and die defending us but the tyrant in the White House and the tyrants who voted for him decided that we would fight and die for their opinions and its to fucking bad if we don't like it SINCE KING AND QUEEN VOTER HAVE CAST THEIR VOTE AND EVERYONE WHO VOTED DIFFERENTLY INCLUDING AMERICAN SOLDIERS CAN SHUT THE FUCK UP AND FUCKING DIE FOR THE OPINION OF JOHN AND JANE REPUBLICAN BECAUSE THIS ISN'T A FREE COUNTRY WHERE PEOPLE HAVE RIGHTS BUT A COUNTRY OF THE REPUBLICAN VOTER AND THE PIECE OF SHITS THEY VOTED FOR. THE REPUBLICAN KINGS AND QUEENS WHO VOTED ON ELECTION DAY TO SEND OUR LOVED ONES TO DIE FOR THEM THINK THEY HAVE THIS RIGHT AS DOES ANY TYRANT. THEY THINK THEY HAVE THIS RIGHT AS ANY RULER HAS TO TAKE US INTO A WAR OF OFFENSE, AND IF THOSE WHO DISAGREE OBJECT THEY CAN GO TO HELL BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO RIGHTS.

What it comes down to is that Dictator RSR thinks he has a right to rule over this country in tyranny as does his elected representatives and when people object to wars of agression based solely on the opinions and ideology of those who want to fight that war they are accused of being weak or cowardly when in fact it is their courage that allows them to stand up to the tyrants who would send their loved ones to fight and to die for an opinion. Every King, Queen or dictator has an opinion and they think their opinion is right and therefore they think that they have the God-given right to send people to die for that opinion. Liberals on the other hand object to sending people to fight in wars of offense because they recognize that this is a violation of the rights of those who disagree with that war and who signed up to defend and not to fight for the opinion of liberals.

Edward, cut to the chase. Shouldn't Broward County put the warnings on every station, am and fm where perchance the citizens effected might hear? Seems a no brainer.

What they wish to do or rather are wishing to do, is kill off opposition politically. Even during Katrina no one made that accusation, much less leaving themselves open to such before it hit.

I think this is ill advised. I believe that every station should broadcast emergency alerts. period.

Edward, cut to the chase. Shouldn't Broward County put the warnings on every station, am and fm where perchance the citizens effected might hear? Seems a no brainer.

What they wish to do or rather are wishing to do, is kill off opposition politically. Even during Katrina no one made that accusation, much less leaving themselves open to such before it hit.

It simply isn't cost effective or wise to put emergency broadcast warnings on every station. If these stations want to air these broadcasts they can listen to the radio station that does and choose to inform their listeners to turn the channel just like we see on television where we watch the scroll bar comes across the screen informing us there is an emergency broadcast, amber alert, etc and to turn to X station. Of course this might upset Rush Limbaugh if he is speaking an radio program and people turn it to another channel to listen to an emergency broadcast and he will probably tell people how upset he is that people listened to something as minor as an emergency broadcast instead of the Great Rush Limbaugh. Also, this action does not cut off opposition politically and the radio station can present its view or lack thereof all they want and people will choose to listen to them or not as they see fit. Please show how this action harms the station and once you do it will become quite obvious that it is you who wants the County to support this station and to give them an unfair advantage over other stations and I for one think that is the root issue here. Whether, the County should support a radio station that many people do not listen to and seek to drive listeners to them by being the official broadcast station for emergencies. This is demonstrated by the fact that members of the County Council do not even want to listen to them. Of course, they could always put it on a radio station that plays songs with lyrics that have profanity in them and then all the Christians will be able to listen to it too. Do you see the point? How would you feel if you are forced to turn to a radio station that play such music and listen to it because it happens to be the official radio station for emergency broadcasts? How about listening to Michael Moore? The County should choose a radio station that isn't offensive to others and that people will not ABSOLUTELY refuse to listen to under any circumstance. This doesn't mean that people cannot disagree with the radio station or dislike what they play but only that they aren't so offensive that people would boycott them.

I think this is ill advised. I believe that every station should broadcast emergency alerts. period.

All radio stations do, but the County in order to cut costs and to provide clear response time must have an official emergency broadcast station just like we do on television stations. It means that people will turn to that channel and watch the emergency broadcast because they are notified of the emergency broadcast by other stations. If this radio station refuses to inform its listeners that there is an emergency broadcast on another station than they are slimeballs and should be ashamed of themselves for putting their ratings ahead of the interests and safety of their listeners.

I agree with maineman, its wrong to pull emergency warnings, on any station, especially because you dont like them politically.

All radio stations do, but the County in order to cut costs and to provide clear response time must have an official emergency broadcast station just like we do on television stations. It means that people will turn to that channel and watch the emergency broadcast because they are notified of the emergency broadcast by other stations. If this radio station refuses to inform its listeners that there is an emergency broadcast on another station than they are slimeballs and should be ashamed of themselves for putting their ratings ahead of the interests and safety of their listeners.

There is only one problem and that is that people who think Rush Limbaugh is nothing more than a jackass won't be listening to this radio station and they will not be reaching the greatest possible number of people. The only people they will be reaching are those who would listen to such garbage from the minds of retarded morons like Rush Limbaugh. If the County officials would have a problem listening to this radio station than it only makes sense that those who voted for them would too and that means that they are not reaching the greatest number of people possible instead they would be reaching the greatest number of Rush Limbaugh listeners. Also, free speech allows the government to decide whether they will support a specific station and to drive the number of their listeners up because they provide the county emergency broadcast. If the County wants to contract out to a different radio station than that is their right and people will listen to that radio station more if they wish to hear public broadcasts like these ones. I know conservatives don't think the County government and the elected officials of the County have any free speech rights but they do.

The real reason is in the story

Typical liberal - if you do not like what someone says they want to silence them. Libs have been trying to compete with Rush and have failed

Rush is a goldmine to the station and the sponsors who pay to run ads during his show This is just yet another liberal having a temper tantrum

The slimeballs are the libs who want to pressure a radio station into droping a program they disagree with

Is this another version of the Fairness Doctrine - do what we tell you or else?

It looks like the libs are going to fold on this issue

Battered by criticism, Broward may keep deal with Rush Limbaugh radio station

By Scott Wyman
Posted June 14 2007

Radio station WIOD likely will remain Broward County's official channel for emergency information despite concerns it is also home to conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh.

County commissioners said they were deluged with complaints from throughout the country Wednesday after they questioned whether to cut their ties with the station because of their dislike for Limbaugh. By the end of the day, a majority of commissioners vowed to renew WIOD's agreement next week.

Limbaugh responded to the commissioners Wednesday on his radio show, saying the qualms about WIOD were a sign of out-of-control partisanship in the nation.

"They are politicizing the delivery of emergency news, which is non-partisan," Limbaugh said.

The all-Democrat commission was on the verge of rejecting the WIOD contract when it instead delayed a decision to get more information about why its staff favored the station and what its other options are. The firestorm began when Commissioner Stacy Ritter said she didn't want to patronize the station because of Limbaugh and other conservative programming.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...un14,0,3927815.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Will libs say the right wing attack machine forced the innocent Dems into giving up their good fight?

Only the right would leave a city full of black people suffer for DAYS after a hurrincae flooded their city. Republicans at their best..

OWNED !!!!!!

Forum List

Back