I thought Joe Theisman should have won the1970 Heisman Trophy

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
until I heard him on these recent TV ads re a product to keep you from peeing...........

turnoffs............................ Super Beta Prostrate

A better QB than Plunkett - who was pretty good in his own correct..........

Prob I always had was that Joe did not need to change the pronunctiation of his name to ryme with Heisman - total dissrespect to his parents....................

Last edited:
until I heard him on these recent TV ads re a product to keep you from peeing...........

turnoffs............................ Super Beta Prostrate

A better QB than Plunkett - who was pretty good in his own correct..........

Prob I always had was that Joe did not need to change the pronunctiation of his name to ryme with Heisman - total dissrespect to his parents....................
He would've won, if he was able to beat USC. But he threw 4 touchdowns and the Trojans came back and won. If he would've been able to pull out a come-from-behind victory, they wouldn't of given' it to Plunkett.

Then there's some people who say if Archie Manning hadn't of broken his arm, he would've won it.

Since I'm a Notre Dame fan, my vote went to Joe.

Theisman was so good at Notre Dame, that when he left, we all thought, who could possibly follow him. Then we got Joe Montana.

Joe T had a better pro career than Manning - and at least equals to Plunketts.

Should have won the 70 HT.

The los s at USC was probably his best game - 526 yards.........................

The los s at USC was probably his best game - 526 yards.........................
I don't forget games where we jump out to a big lead and whind up losing.

You know, I'm still pissed off at Anthony Davis!

I don't forget games where we jump out to a big lead and whind up losing.

You know, I'm still pissed off at Anthony Davis!

Plunkett and Mannning lost at least 3 gameseach in 1970.

Joe T had a historic passing game in the oneloss - 500 yards passing games were off-the-charts back in those day some of thatwas ND got behind USC 28-7 and had to play catch up - 300 yard games big - 400 yard games unheard of -500 yard games historic.

Not a big problem with Plunkett winning the HT -was dissapointed.

Joe T had a historic passing game in the oneloss - 500 yards passing games were off-the-charts back in those day some of thatwas ND got behind USC 28-7 and had to play catch up - 300 yard games big - 400 yard games unheard of -500 yard games historic.

You remember the game better than I do.

Do you remember Simpson's run against UCLA in '69?

You remember the game better than I do.

Do you remember Simpson's run against UCLA in '69?

That was in '67.

Watched it on TV with Chris Schenkel: " first down, and more.........."

Forum List

Back