I thought Divided Government was good for the Stock Market

The Dow, S&P500 and Nasdaq just went negative for the year. The current question I have is will institutional money managers sell like crazy to lock in any positive gains they have now and then start buying in eek out some gains before the end of the year. Given the lack of news and the selloff continuing, it seems like that is what is happening.

The Dow, S&P500 and Nasdaq just went negative for the year. The current question I have is will institutional money managers sell like crazy to lock in any positive gains they have now and then start buying in eek out some gains before the end of the year. Given the lack of news and the selloff continuing, it seems like that is what is happening.
All bogus.....why does entire market follow a few tech companies that were overbought

Was already grossly over-inflated from the $4+ trillion the Fed pumped into it while Obiedoodle was prez.

The correction had to come...And the Fed raising rates is just the trigger to bring it about.

Ey, mention Reagan's debt and Trump's debt in there to or else you give yourself away as a party cheerleader who chooses to ignore parts of reality and should have his posts viewed through skeptical lenses.

Ey, mention Reagan's debt and Trump's debt in there to or else you give yourself away as a party cheerleader who chooses to ignore parts of reality and should have his posts viewed through skeptical lenses.
My comment was about Fed money printing, not any policy coming out of the WH.....The idiotic spending is something that all parties engage in, and is a given.

My comment was about Fed money printing, not any policy coming out of the WH.....The idiotic spending is something that all parties engage in, and is a given.

Let me say I thanked you for the last part about all the parties especially. Its a complicated issue with both teams adding to the debt in their own ways.

Since I am in high and increasing dividend issues I am going up by an average of @ 0.6%/day but the downside is that once the market stabilizes all I've got is reinvested dividends and option premiums.

Investors know the Democrats will try to crash the economy in their efforts to bring down the President. Can't blame them for cutting and running.

Was already grossly over-inflated from the $4+ trillion the Fed pumped into it while Obiedoodle was prez.

The correction had to come...And the Fed raising rates is just the trigger to bring it about.

Sucks for the $$ value of my 401k, but a lower market value at the end of the year means more share count when my dividends start coming in.

Of course I am only 43 and still have plenty of time till I retire.

Since I am in high and increasing dividend issues I am going up by an average of @ 0.6%/day but the downside is that once the market stabilizes all I've got is reinvested dividends and option premiums.
What's wrong with cheap dividend shares? Found you can increase retirement income quicker with them for less than adding same amount to my 401.

What's wrong with cheap dividend shares? Found you can increase retirement income quicker with them for less than adding same amount to my 401.
I largely agree but 0.6%/day while waiting for the next dividend is fun.

Now it looks like the Dow could be below 20K before years end

The DOW dropping has next to NOTHING to do with the midterms and everything to do with the Fed raising rates (and that eventually ending the stock buyback mania), FANG stocks getting killed, today it is Target's bad numbers (so retail is starting to take hits) and Trump's 'trade war'.

I thought you knew more about economics than this.

Maybe I was wrong...no offense.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back