I Think This Qualifies As Pissed and I Agree With Him

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YTZjNDNlZmNiZGEzMjdlOTljMjRkYmU2ZGRjOTUwZGE=

Well I didn't keep my mouth shut on all his points, but the end result is the same. ;)

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Border Follies [John Derbyshire]
This thing about our govt. colluding with Narcistan — sorry, I mean Mexico — to keep the flow of illegal immigrants coming, is the last straw. Either our govt. is criminally incompetent, or else it is maliciously hostile to ordinary American citizens. Or both.

I kept my mouth pretty well shut when the splendid whack-'em'upside-the-head assault on Iraq turned into a ludicrous and apologetic "nation-building" exercise. I bellyached in a restrained fashion at the Harriet Miers farce. I kept my grumbling over Medicaid, the budget bloat, and border security at a decently low volume. This one, though, I can't take.

I can't think of a single thing to say in favor of the national Republican party, its senators, representatives, governors, and administration. I can't think of a single reason why, right now, I should vote for any of them.

I could never vote for the liberal mob; but if a conservative third party comes up between now and 2008, they'll have my full attention — likely my money and my vote, too. We are on the last page of Animal Farm here; I can no longer tell the men from the pigs.
Posted at 8:49 AM

Kathianne said:
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YTZjNDNlZmNiZGEzMjdlOTljMjRkYmU2ZGRjOTUwZGE=

Well I didn't keep my mouth shut on all his points, but the end result is the same. ;)

Hello, Kathianne,

I agree. Even though I firmly believe we did the right thing by fighting this war on terrorism, over there, not ~on Iraq as too many people like to say, but The War on Terrorism, I especially agree with this for the reasons stated in the article:

I could never vote for the liberal mob; but if a conservative*third party comes up between now and 2008, they'll have my full attention —

I lurk a lot, Kathianne, and rarely reply, but this says so much as to ~what I am waiting for, hopefully, by some miracle such will develope before and FOR the 2008 elections. I am not fully atuned, nor, stay abreast of current events and articles as much as others, so I thank you for your awareness and so many of your posts. More than one of us read you, without responding online. Keep up the good work.

Again, thanks,

Kathy Sue

Kathy Sue said:
Hello, Kathianne,

I agree. Even though I firmly believe we did the right thing by fighting this war on terrorism, over there, not ~on Iraq as too many people like to say, but The War on Terrorism, I especially agree with this for the reasons stated in the article:

I lurk a lot, Kathianne, and rarely reply, but this says so much as to ~what I am waiting for, hopefully, by some miracle such will develope before and FOR the 2008 elections. I am not fully atuned, nor, stay abreast of current events and articles as much as others, so I thank you for your awareness and so many of your posts. More than one of us read you, without responding online. Keep up the good work.

Again, thanks,

Kathy Sue

Why thank you so much! Very kind and I hope you will post more, as you have read no doubt, I could use some 'friends.' :laugh: BTW, I love your name, I have a cousin from LA with the same!

Kathy Sue said:

Again, thanks,

Kathy Sue

You're so right, Kathy Sue. Kathianne is a treasure!

Welcome to the board!

musicman said:
You're so right, Kathy Sue. Kathianne is a treasure!

Welcome to the board!
You do know that if I didn't love Joz, I'd be nuts for you! :teeth:

musicman said:
Ah - you flatter me, m'lady. Stop it, I say!

Now - stop it some more!!! ;) :beer: :D :)
;) to you and ((((hugs)))) to Joz! :beer:

LOL at you two. You're welcome, Kathianne and thank you, Musicman, for the warm welcome.

Now, on to see what other good stuff Kathianne has posted to stir up the liberal mob and disgruntled Republicans, and such..., re: in this article presented, I believe it touches so many of us and how we are feeling right about now. :)

regards, Kathy Sue

Kathy Sue said:
LOL at you two. You're welcome, Kathianne and thank you, Musicman, for the warm welcome.

Now, on to see what other good stuff Kathianne has posted to stir up the liberal mob and disgruntled Republicans, and such... :)

regards, Kathy Sue

See the water's fine. Trust me, seems like you won't even have problems with RWA, at least not until you are ready! ;) to you and Jason.

Derb is right, as usual, which makes me wonder why the Neocon Review hasn't fired him yet.

The Republicans are for shit. George W. Bush is an idiot. If you look into what Derb is talking about (our government is tipping Mexico off to where the Minutmen are), you'll tear your hair out.

This country desperately needs hard-headed, intelligent conservative leadership. NOW.

William Joyce said:
Derb is right, as usual, which makes me wonder why the Neocon Review hasn't fired him yet.

The Republicans are for shit. George W. Bush is an idiot. If you look into what Derb is talking about (our government is tipping Mexico off to where the Minutmen are), you'll tear your hair out.

This country desperately needs hard-headed, intelligent conservative leadership. NOW.

Agreed. I thought the American electorate made it abundantly clear that we wanted the grownups in charge. These jackasses had a mandate; they're pissing it away.

William Joyce said:

Yeah WJ, I KNEW what it referred to, look around, you'll see I posted on Minutemen being ratted out already.

musicman said:
Agreed. I thought the American electorate made it abundantly clear that we wanted the grownups in charge. These jackasses had a mandate; they're pissing it away.

Couldn't have said that better myself. Promises were made. All we had to do was put the Republicans in power. We did. Where's the payoff?

What irks me the most is the Republicans have control of Congress; yet, the continue to let the Dems hold them up as if they had the power.

But realistically, where do "We the People" stand? Keep the status quo or put the Dems back in power. Want to see some REAL bipartisanship? Let a third party become a real threat to the "throne."

GunnyL said:
But realistically, where do "We the People" stand? Keep the status quo or put the Dems back in power. Want to see some REAL bipartisanship? Let a third party become a real threat to the "throne."

That's what really blows: Conservatives won't benefit from the Bush Administration and Congress' total failure, DEMOCRATS probably will. And, third parties are darn hard to get going in our country. But I don't know. With Bush representing the GOP and Patrick Kennedy representing the Democrats, maybe there's an opening.

Kathy Sue said:

Now, on to see what other good stuff Kathianne has posted to stir up the liberal mob and disgruntled Republicans, and such..., re: in this article presented, I believe it touches so many of us and how we are feeling right about now. :)

regards, Kathy Sue

I think I must be a part of the liberal mob although I hate labelling and being labelled. However it appears that I am. Anyway do post Kathy Sue, you won't have your head bitten off for expressing an opinion, I hope.

Diuretic said:
I think I must be a part of the liberal mob although I hate labelling and being labelled. However it appears that I am. Anyway do post Kathy Sue, you won't have your head bitten off for expressing an opinion, I hope.
No label, you are what you are. :laugh:

Diuretic said:
"I yam what I yam" where's me spinach? :)
Still and all, it's 'good' to know where one is coming from. I would say I'm a practical pseudo-Libertarian. I'm not for total free drug laws, certainly not what I would consider isolationism, cloaked with 'self interest.' Other than those, throw me an Ann Rand to go.

Because of the caveats and the absence of candidates, I'm mostly a Gop kinda person. While I can't think of one thing of the DNC platform I would consider serious, there are so many complaints I find with the GOP.

Now you.

Reminds me of 'truth or dare' or something.

Good idea - allows us to shrug off the labels and slogans.

I have a moderate left ("liberal" in American parlance) leaning on some issues and a moderate centre-right leaning on other issues. Where we stand on the political spectrum depends on where others see us to some degree - a sort of political error of parallax at work. I have friends who swear I'm a right-winger and others who joke that I'm far to the left.

Economically I know I'm to the left of centre. I see capitalism as a generally beneficial force but one that needs regulation to control its natural rapciousness. I like the idea of a mixed, rather than command economy. I've seen command economies up close and personal and they're not nice. So a mix works for me.

On social issues I'm pretty liberal. "Live and let live" works for me and I agree - it surprised me - with many of the social policies of the Libertarians (but I part company with their economic policies).

I like to look at issues as objectively as I can rather than adopt a predetermined stance towards them. I have in the past had some face to face debates - in formal political debates - where the opposition to me where coming from a self-imposed view of the world (hence my reference to labelling and self-labelling). I've even been pressured to conform to someone's ideas about how I should think simply because I belonged to a certain organisation. That went down like a lead balloon.

Diuretic said:
Good idea - allows us to shrug off the labels and slogans.

I have a moderate left ("liberal" in American parlance) leaning on some issues and a moderate centre-right leaning on other issues. Where we stand on the political spectrum depends on where others see us to some degree - a sort of political error of parallax at work. I have friends who swear I'm a right-winger and others who joke that I'm far to the left.

Economically I know I'm to the left of centre. I see capitalism as a generally beneficial force but one that needs regulation to control its natural rapciousness. I like the idea of a mixed, rather than command economy. I've seen command economies up close and personal and they're not nice. So a mix works for me.

On social issues I'm pretty liberal. "Live and let live" works for me and I agree - it surprised me - with many of the social policies of the Libertarians (but I part company with their economic policies).

I like to look at issues as objectively as I can rather than adopt a predetermined stance towards them. I have in the past had some face to face debates - in formal political debates - where the opposition to me where coming from a self-imposed view of the world (hence my reference to labelling and self-labelling). I've even been pressured to conform to someone's ideas about how I should think simply because I belonged to a certain organisation. That went down like a lead balloon.
:laugh: Well you nearly shocked the pants off of me, here I was thinking you were a lefty! whoops you are. Good think I kept the buttons buttoned! :teeth:

It's good to say where we are at a given point in time. If you had been reading for awhile, you would know that I've had a very 'conservative' rep. All the while I kept saying I was a Libertarian. Now some are a tad concerned that I disagree so openly and vehemently with GW. His fault, not mine. ;) As for the GOP and who I'll be working with in 2006 or 2008? :dunno:

Forum List

Back